Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I am so surprised that they got rid of the loud annoying person right off the bat, normally they keep them in for "good TV". Shocking!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Binary Logic posted:

Lord Sugar: An octopus, with a 40 inch hose, is a piece of diving equipment. It's somethiing to help people breathe underwater. But you bought an actual real live octopus
Daniel: Well, it was dead

I really enjoyed his baffled look when they all laughed and looked at him there.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

false accounting and conspiracy to defraud

And literally everything to do with the shitshow that is London stadium/West Ham situation that literally takes money from our pockets

Just a baddie

She's a tory peer. That's all you need. First to the guillotine.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Manic X posted:

Glad Sarah went. I don't like the loud obnoxious ones who can't complete a coherent sentence. Jackie is a trash person so I hope she's next. As for the boys - the brief smug look when that kid thought he struck gold by knocking 1 cent off in a supermarket.

So far the men haven't done anything at all, none of them stand out as anything other than empty suits.

Also there's something proper weird to me about them calling them "boys and girls".

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Strom Cuzewon posted:

How do you lose to an educational french comic with no french in it?

How?

loving what?

I'm jackie chan facing here!

Honestly. But they do really love showing one side seemingly making all the bad decisions and being poo poo then winning.
While the boys were just really boring, again.

I felt super bad for David, he absolutely did not deserve to go.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Just putting Sriacha on the top of the loving donut I can't even fit that in my head

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I'm interested in what goes on at the house, because (at least this year) they all seem super friendly with each other in a way I haven't really seen before.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Always making one team look like they're doing well and the other team are doing shittily then the ones who are doing well lose.
Every time. Every season!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Slash posted:

Sounds like his business plan was shite anyway. An app for connecting Drone Owners with Drone Pilots. Like WTF, who owns a drone and wants someone else to fly it? Can't imagine there's much of a market.

And absolutely not something LORD SUGAR would ever invest in because it's too technological and isn't just a man stood outside a van.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Rick thinking that it was Kurran who got him fired is just... baffling.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

It was another of those weeks where they gave the impression "The team with the high heels has absolutely won this and the other pair of trainers is poo poo and dumb"
Then bam, the other side won.

It happened last year and it was loving annoying then. I just want to see what they did please.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Khablam posted:

That and almost never showing anything inside the house are the two things I miss most.

I only started watching in series 5 so I don't remember every seeing anything in the house but I'm really tired of the 20 minute trope, it's stupid.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Why are the outfits only for women

Why is Kurran living his dream and turning into The Room

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Strategic Tea posted:

This BA executive is deadpan comedy gold

And the contestants are poo poo at answering the questions

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

I genuinely think Pangea's a great name.

Not for a party airline but it's annoying that even he doesn't know what it means, the thicko.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

crispix posted:

Like he was on the right lines. Nobody else had a clue. LEAVE HIM ALONE

He's a nob.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I can't loving believe nobody has said that air stewards aren't only women.
I really really don't get that, it's 2018.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

He's such a poo poo even when he's going.
Why did they give him a hug

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

crispix posted:

Next week's thing is week 1 task. What are they even doing. Why am I still watching this :/

Because it's a funny gameshow, who cares about the overall premise.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Strom Cuzewon posted:

I would love to book a holiday with Sexual Harassment Air.

Edit: How does nobody know what Pangea is?

Nobody knows what anything is.
Especially the people who're selected to be on stuff like this.

When I was watching the Circle (which was Actually Good) even the intelligent ones were pretty in the dark about loads of stuff I'd say nearly everyone knows, like the names of all the planets.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Bacon Terrorist posted:

That Interpol gag surely must have been a Shugs original I cant believe someone was paid to write that

Oh god it didn't even make sense.

This is 100% Tom's fault and we saw it coming, it just seemed so clear the 2k was the be all and end all.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Man, what.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

The most annoying tasks to me in Apprentice are where they've got a massive ticket thing and then a "regular" thing.
So the regular thing earns them like £600 and the massive thing earns £3000 so if you gently caress up that massive thing you lose the whole task.

It makes the regular thing feel pointless unless it's a knife edge sort of deal (which nowadays it barely ever is) over the final totals.

I think their reaction to winning (even when they did badly) kinda shows that all the contestants are treating it entirely 100% as a game now though. They're even super nice to each other after the board room.

Taear fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Nov 15, 2018

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Khablam posted:

I always found that somewhat relevant, it's just the Pareto principle. If they can't work out where to best spend their efforts they'll fail in any business.
Of course the show fucks this up by forcing a sub-team in it's ever more rigid format, but tree-surgeon guy had literally the opposite idea to reality. You'd have to do 4x better at task B to make up for losses in task A, so you're always best placed ensuring the main-earner is intact first.

I guess what I mean is that as soon as he didn't turn up to that we knew their team had lost, that it was all his fault....and it didn't matter.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Binary Logic posted:

All the attempts at urban gardening were pathetic.

It would be really interesting if a PM decided to ignore the secondary task, have everyone focus on the main big-ticket item and win with the most profit or revenue. Would Sugar consider it cheating, or the best use of time and resources.

As someone posted earlier it would be nice to see some candid or downtime scenes in the house to hear what they really think about their performance in the tasks.

I'm absolutely certain they're just not allowed. They must be told "You've got to have a sub team and they have to be doing something different".

In the same way as they have the sum total of human knowledge on a box in their pocket and they're not allowed to use that even though that's absolutely ridiculous.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Strategic Tea posted:

I'd like to see some episodes where both sides do a genuine good job :yayclod:

It did used to happen, it's definitely happened in the last few years. Where they were both pretty good and only the minor task separated the two teams.
Never does now.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Bacon Terrorist posted:

The least deserving of the three getting the bullet there I'd argue.

I think it should have been Mark, I wonder if he has an exciting business plan or something.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

I'd give Sabrina the 'probably a decent person, and therefore cannot win' award this year.

Naah , usually the normal people do win.
Just look at Alana who was absolutely awful on the tasks but still came across as "regular"

I just had a look at the Reddit for apprentice thinking it might be more active but it's only got 500 readers and barely any posts. I do wonder how much actual engagement this show has nowadays although I assume it's really cheap to make.

Taear fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 24, 2018

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Binary Logic posted:

If Karen was on the show as a mentor, at least she'd have something to do. But since camera crews follow the teams around there isn't even a real reason she had to fly to Glasgow or be on site for the tasks.
Maybe she realizes this, and that's why she's always so miserable.

She's there to call them out if they lie.
I mean you don't actually need a person to do it in that way but I get why it's like that in the format of the show.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Khablam posted:

Except often they get away with lying because they're not next to Karen/Claude.

Like when?
They say subjective stuff like "I didn't think that" but if they're saying numbers and etc they get called out.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Rondette posted:

Yeah genuinely surprised about that. I guess she is trying to look older?

I was sorry to see the strongest candidate go in Jackie, but I liked her car speech. And I just realised Tom didn't even get his car speech.

Yea her car speech felt a lot more...."nice" than others.
Glad Tom has finally been fired.

Camilla is going out with someone my girlfriend knows so I knew she was 22 but she still doesn't look it at all, I'd have put her in her late 20s I think. They also never make a big point of her being young like they do with other people.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I'm willing to bet that a lot of people don't even know there is an "original" little shop of horrors, so it was probably a weird experience for them all.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

eating only apples posted:

Spent the entire episode wondering how the gently caress the sexy santa chocolate was going to win, because the apprentice edit is always a thing. Reverse-apprentice-edited!

This is entirely what I was thinking as well, it just felt like that's how it always goes.
I was really relieved

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

graventy posted:

Since when can they make up complete bullshit in the pitches? A huge marketing push? I mean I guess everyone involved knows this is a fake offer for a fake product on a tv show, but still.

This season has felt generally more fake than before, like when they're being horrible to each other in the boardroom but the show shows us them saying "Good luck" as they leave, which is what happened on the last one.
Really weird.

Still looking forward to the interviews though. I maintain that Sian and maybe Daniel are the ones that'll get through although Sabrina seems a candidate for that too. It's more because they seem more "normal" and not just there for good TV.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Comrade Fakename posted:

Kind of poo poo of the production team that the contestants had to do pitches like they have a dozen times but this time they had to go to acting workshops specifically so that they would extra humiliate themselves.

Really, where did you see that?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

In the show.

I must not have been paying attention, I don't remember that at all!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Bape Culture posted:

Anyone watch that bbc documentary about the Dubai princess? I thought it was very good

Looks like someone got the wrong thread.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

How're you going to make money out of something that insanely enormous dairy conglomerates do.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

eating only apples posted:

I found Sian's swimwear website and it looks pretty horrible, most of them don't even fit the model properly. And so much underboob.

https://www.sianmarie.com/collections/shop-all

e: haha she put herself on the Celeb Style page

Do you think this means she wins?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Powerleague do I think?

Heard a story on a football podcast the other day about a steward starting their job at Karen Brady's club at the time (can't remember which) and she gave them strict instruction not to allow anyonr through the entrance they were at who wasn't wearing a photo ID badge. Ten minutes later she walks througu without wearing her photo ID badge, then dismisses the steward for failing her 'test' :allears:

She's a tory peer, what more do you need.