Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The second c-list celebrity with serious age related dementia to become president of the United States is very popular with imageboard shitposters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Papa John got fired for saying the n word

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Someone broke into their neighbor's home, murdered them, and is unlikely to face any charges.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
But that sentence doesn't sound like it comes from an unbearable hell world

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
National policy is often established by tweet

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Dead Beef posted:

A known war criminal is the current National Security Advisor to the President.

Plain, factual, uninflected sentences from 2005

Plain, factual, uninflected sentences from 1997

Plain, factual, uninflected sentences from 1986

Plain, factual, uninflected sentences from 1983

Plain, factual, uninflected sentences from 1969

Like you could make the case that every national security advisor for decades is a war criminal, but these are just the unambiguous ones

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

SpaceGoku posted:

the president of the united states said that we should imprison a jew for having money

one of the president's lawyers thinks we should take the money away from the jew, but is not entirely clear on his position regarding imprisonment of the rich jew

Huh?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
I just watched a robot dog intended for military service twerking

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Gum posted:

Francis Fukuyama believes that Marxist theory is needed to explain our current economic condition

I'm kinda a shitlib, and I think that the laws of economics hold up a little more reliably in a more equitable society, and really hang out with the weirdo leftists here because Marxism is literally becoming more accurate than it has been.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Larry Parrish posted:

You're a bubble will never pop retard if you can't see how Marx's theories on capitalism are obviously correct

It's certainly a useful lens of analysis, but Marxism often leaves on the table questions like "what things should a society make in what quantities"

Capitalism has an answer (which sucks blue whale balls in the presence of giant wads of self-sustaining wealth)

Post-Marx thinkers have addressed the question, but not like anarcho-syndicatalists who frame things in term of existing capital, or even an coms.

But I'm gonna try not justifying market liberalism in current conditions. It's utterly unsustainable

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Helsing posted:

Spokespeople in the Israeli government defended the an anti-semitic propaganda campaign put out by a far right government in Eastern Europe and noted that the target of the campaign was no angel.

It is amazing how all but the most radical of antisemites are aligning so strongly with Israel and vice versa

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
The government of two states handed a trillion dollar company several billion dollars to do something they were going to do anyways

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Koishi Komeiji posted:

This was posted on reddit in 2018 unironically and is intended to mock people who believe in global warming:

No way. The whole "beyond parody" Poe's law perfect storm can't go this far.

Edit: I mean that literally. This is absolutely a parody

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Koishi Komeiji posted:

The NRA called doctors who are in favor of gun control "self important" and told them to "stay in their lane" implying that they didn't know anything about gun violence.

Juan Lopez shot and killed a doctor, a hospital employee, a police officer, and then himself at Mercy Hospital in Chicago.

And this is important: this is a couple years after NRA jumped way the gently caress out of their lane to get state legislation banning doctors from asking their patients about firearm ownership when risk factors like anger issues or depression exist.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
The funniest thread on the forums is just people saying true things

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Xand_Man posted:

The American President is a racist septugenarian who gets instructions on what to think from his TV.

The Congressional majority doesn't do anything to remove him from power out of fear of angering their base: racist septugenarians who get instructions on what to think from their TV.

Lol reminds me of the old 90s alt politoons with mind control tvs

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
Microsoft isn't particularly noteworthy as a tech company leveraging their Monopoly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

The most true statement ever written in 2018