Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Zutaten posted:

Rebirth is actually a good game now, hth. Just treat it as a game in the X universe rather than an X game, and it's a good time now that they fixed it up.

This is a good and correct opinion. Rebirth's remaining serious gameplay problem is UI issues and, well, let the Egosoft game without sin cast the first stone.

It's a complete shame that they tried to take the X franchise in that direction, but on its lonesome Rebirth did not turn out horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

Airspace posted:

Honestly the only reason I never bought Rebirth is because you were stuck in one ship, which in itself was fine, but as I understand it for some reason it's called the Skunk. Why would I limit myself to a ship named that? It's really called something like the Pride of Albion or something like that but whyyyy would you nickname it the Skunk?

I always assumed it was an aircraft R&D reference, especially since the Skunk was supposed to be a unique prototype before being lost.