Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Downloading this at the moment, already making a logo for my epic spazetruxx (ok, i might do some hauling, if i can fit it in with jacking and piracy, etc.) companay, no, I won't forget the ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I totally forgot about X4 even being a thing, cought a glimps of x4 related fluff, and wondered how that was going, oh, at tesnexus, of all places, so countdown to tits & dicks on everything has already started, anyway, was goggling at it already being released, went and bought it, freaked at the site saying "we've randomly chosen you to delay the release of the cd key due to security checks, h.a.n.d." so said "you have 5 (five) minutes to deliver a key" they got back to me 2 minutes after I had bought it again from G.o.G, 6 minutes past my deadline. "instant" means loving "instant" lovely internets trading company.
anyway, regging the game, and about to break my X4 hymen. o7

Slickdrac posted:

Kind of one of the bigger (IMO more annoying) departures from past games. A lot of mechanics hidden behind questline/mission unlocks that probably shouldn't be.

Saves are no doubt xml. rebirth taught me how to unfuck stuff with notepad++ and there was much to unfuck. next I want to unpack the meshes and textures as I am eager to make my big, hard, penetrator of yeilding vaccums even more phallocentric. (lies, I want to make a derelict mod, wait, that almost the same anyway.)

staberind fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 4, 2018

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
If you really really want that ship, edit your save, I guess look for unowned, and find the correct ship, and change the ownership to player. (maybe) E: no, leaving system and letting oos take care of it seems more germaine
owlfancier, how do you and others take screenshots, i have looked everywhere?

staberind fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Dec 5, 2018

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

FrickenMoron posted:

Speaking of graphics, what is wrong with xenon ships in this game? They look really weirdly round.

Recycling XR assets, also, it seems they decided that being a large, slow moving rectangle presented maybe a too obvious target for people with a speed advantage and the ability to vomit torpedo's.
There's plenty of cruft in space moving at velocities that make kinetic weapons look like someone on ketamine trying to throw a wheelbarrow full of cement at the sun. deflecting shapes with ablative outer materials are better than thin rectangles that have no hope of getting a better angle in time.
smaller craft should be able to dodge stuff, so can be whatever shape uses matter<>energy most efficiently.

If there is no demand, make demand by creating, uh, empty spaces where there were delivery mechanisms of ecells?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
finally worked out how to ss.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Bernd said "great sucess", so I guess polishing the turd made sense
*to egosoft, no one else.
Also, they have done a 180 wrt feedback since X:R, as the people on the X:R beta were flipping about stuff that was ignored point blank and eventually modded

staberind fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Dec 6, 2018

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gorelab posted:

a complete mess at launch ... snip.

all AAA games since, hmm, 8-9 years ago.
it follows a pattern of reviewers trying it untill around the first "mission" concludes, then extrapolating from that, so games end up with 100's of unique assets for the first mission, used practically nowhere else.
and that mission is on rails.

*magically sidesteps devolving into games industry """"Ethics""""

staberind fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Dec 6, 2018

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
90% of the fun in an x game is realising you have practically no idea what you are doing and why, the other 10% is finding ways to get what you want without mods.
also gently caress off nvidia, stop setting my monitor as the default for audio, you gently caress

staberind fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Dec 6, 2018

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
man, finally, sadly i dont think we can go poo poo on someones desk, just yet.
also, I gotta go to the ego forum and drink those sweet tears of all the fuckups who dont want egosoft to obliterate their "immushun" via online stuff.

Also, Egosoft seem oddly aware of goons and our fondness for "get out" : the paranid usually say it.

also, wtf?

Foundations x is a shipskin, I have a mod that unlocks them all and gives you 50 of the most expensive, whelp, so much for buying a fleet on startup.

Visssssiiiitssssss!!

staberind fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 20, 2018

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Slickdrac posted:

So...might be some issues remaining with shipyards/wharfs supply still. Started a new game (Argon one since it seems least buggy), and before I even finished going to upgrade the ship with a T2 docking module, it was already short on parts.

So: working as expected.

Protip, nodan vanguard best small ship and cheapest, get it from the wharf next to where you start as a Paranid. (the gooniest race)

FrickenMoron posted:

The no mods things for ventures is sad but understandable. Someone released the Taranis from X Rebirth as an argon capship on Nexus today, Arawn next apparently.

As you can see above, i got visitors, and my game is always modified.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I started, well, all my starts so far, bar a couple, have been the dev starts, just to prepare my rear end for the wrecking it will get when playing the game proper, and its made jumping into a new game pretty breezy, also +1 for breezyness is the ship skin mod, that gives you 50x the most expensive ship skin, (sells for up to 1.2 mil, can be anything from 500.000, so, can shop around and be up to a bil in a short space of time.) learn all the things, so my crews spend less time sucking dicks at spacebars and more time learning how to avoid going full steam into... everything else.
legalize it, makes the stuff carried in your space pockets legal, so you dont have to worry about the politzei huffing your gas.ofc, spaceweed and fuel, are still illegal.
some mod that makes scanning stations for their precious bp's a lot easier, find on nexus, and the autotraders mod, but make sure they don't do illegal stuff, until they are competant for the regular autotrading, as they don't earn you happy points with the factions they trade with otherwise.

finally.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

juggalo baby coffin posted:

which races are playable in this? does anyone have nice screenshots of them? the internet is not being helpful in this regard

Is that a namechange? cos its awesome, anyway, of course you have your regular hume, you can also play as a kinky skink, the teladi, and ofc, you can lay waste to the un-bleiber with the paranid, the prochoice. however, there is also a singular, barrel rolling boron bozo, and some female split elves with altogether too many chromosomes and no hair to interact with. (Split want to li-bakooom)
as it stands, the games a hot mess so far, but well worth getting if you liked x3, there's already mad people working on cramming the x3 map into the game.

oh, and expect to be somewhat surprised by the predominance of P.o.C humans, try not to stare at their eyes. no yisha tarren so far, and for boobs, the above female gollu- split.

staberind fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Dec 21, 2018

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

so, this is flot. flot has no time for your bullshit, he just wants to dive into space.
he hangs around on a space station that exists purely to sell space fuel.
you can buy flot.
you can buy flot and put him on a ship. and send flot to single handedly take on the xenon.
you can gently caress flot up pretty bad.
flot has a shirt that says zero.
flot is worth 1.200 spacebux. the cheapest ship hull you can get is about 10 times that, plus silly things like engines and control software. and a pilot. like flot.

This is flots chum.
Yohulis Trantaeos Tissmaneos I,
This individual is a trader,
he, she, it whatever, will buy your pocket lint that you have picked up in space.
or, they will sell you stuff, like steak. for 788 spacebux.
flot would like a steak, flot can have 1.8 steaks if you buy flot.
flot is worth less than two meals.
flot needs to read a seminar on morale.

staberind fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Dec 22, 2018

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

They also have the nemesis which has 5 forward facing M weapons and goes at like 400m/s.

Paranid are extremely good and not just in looks.

+1 for the nemesis. its fucktastic. load it full of space shotguns and fly around melting xenon for spacelove from the factions. if your trading empire has not already gotten you up to 10, you done failson.
eggbreaker fleet to the rescue.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

TjyvTompa posted:

Snape -attack all ships in that sector that are hostile to the owner of the sector-

Does this apply to station turrets as well? because lol.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

TjyvTompa posted:

I don't have turrets on my stations but defense drones do not attack ships you are friendly with. I think it's simply a bug in how the "patrol" behavior functions.

Actually, I don't have turrets either, I really need to set some up, but I was worried they might kill my customers Before they have bought drugs from me.

Also, finally got the admin Blueprint to drop.

staberind fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 22, 2018

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

PoopinClumpin posted:

Oh I did, I was in Devnet beta back in July. This isn't my first Egosoft rodeo. I'm just putting the info here because it will likely only be fixed in 2.0 or 2.5 (if ever)

edit: I noticed the modular design of the ships in X4 creates some fun possibilities for ship mods. Would anyone be interested in a Cowboy Bebop mod? Half the ships already look like the Redtail as it is

Let me be the first to say "Go for it"! and Maybe I will get a reply to say "OK!" To getting the big pink fuckers aka the Khock aka the meshes from xtra ships into x4.

i hate photobucket.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
To take over a system, after that, or in a system with none in the first place, you got to build an admin center thing, its got to be the first objext built, with a peir or dock added to that after.

Economy. smart chips, sillicone wafers on yo smart chip facs if you like.
gently caress them, let them sort out their own problems, just focus on profits. you want to get a builder ship with plenty of support crew, who gradually level up as the ship chugs around, make sure your minifacs have an xl dock on them, and populate the management from that builder ship, obv making sure they have a couple of stars in management, then give them a trade ship.
sometimes they will want a mining ship as well, in the case of smart chip/sillicone wafers facs, then they will also need a solid storage. if you have space, a couple of solar wings are always useful.

Taking Sca ships : Hi, Free destroyers. but the teladi seem to be a bit bothered, so anywhere but teladi space, if you see a destroyer thats -5 to you, knock out its engines, and then carefully remove the rest of the surface junk, then use a weak pew pew to encourage them to get off the ship, or try boarding, but that a dark art to me.

staberind fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 3, 2019

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

lagidnam posted:

2.00 is out with the promised shipyards and stuff

God drat!
Vanilla X4 is a draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag.
I'm on my third vanilla game, started one on 150, restarted for 160, and now after a 53 or so hour session, (I'm sure there must be some blood left in my veins, its can't all be coffee by now.) in 2-beta, I'm at 15 mil, the requisitttttttttttttte gorgon, free, thanks fo rthat ego, and have just capped my first behemoth. the 160 save had me at about 27-29 or so faction standings with various flora and fauna. and now, in 2-beta i just hit 21 with the paranid.

So: how to piss fire and poo poo sucess.
step one, get the gently caress into your ship, some cocksuckers like argon prime, but, you will no doubt be scavving the gently caress out of xenon and kha'ak drops for those elusive parts of the seta, and that means you will probably have things in your massive space pocket that the spacecops will want you to poo poo out. Nah.
The teladi know what its about. almost everything teladi is poo poo looking, cheap, and has a bigger hold than other flavours of the same type. they also tend to give 0 fucks about whats in your pockitssssssss, hang out in teladi space and shoot asteroids with your little pew pew pew gun, you are not mining, let your peons do that poo poo for you later, you are doing the crystal method, hanging out with the other belt scum and waiting to spot a twinkle
When you see one, you go and facerub the asteroid you saw it on until you find some crystals, shoot them all off, suck them into your pocket, rinse, repeat, until you have a few hundred crystals. idgaf what colour they are, you just want lots of them, if you are lucky, you will have some pissy looking ones, lots of blues, and shittons of purps. Don't grind them up and snort them.
Purp (850cr - 1,150cr).
Blue (8,500cr - 11,500cr).
Pissy (17,000cr - 23,000cr).
Orangy (25,555cr - 34,500cr).
Cocaine (200,000cr - 300,000cr).
One single white crystal will get you another (badly fitted) small ship, a couple will get you a vulture vanguard, you will probably not find any, but who cares.

There are 3 Teladi trade stations. Ianimus Zura, Hewas Twin & Grand Exchange. again, the teladi dont gently caress about when it comes to the to & fro of credits, shop around until you have converted your crystals into credits,
in parallel to selling crystals, try to get the ingredients meat, fruit & spices and knock together some fine meals, {at the moment, the missions to use the fine meals and much else of the vendor dreck seem to be borked}
If you got lucky and found the seta parts, knock them together as well, in fact, as soon as you have all 3 parts drop, stop what you are doing and make one, unlike x3 and so on,
you carry it around and magically slot it into whatever ship you are sitting in.
When you have amassed a few mil, pay a visit to the ALI wharf and you have a few options. some miners (they don't need shields), some traders (oh ghod they need shields) or before either, you play captain roulette.
The cheapest ship hull in the game is surprisingly not Teladi,
For the love of R.Gunn, Save.
Buy a Vulture Vanguard. chose max settings, then strip and set it up as you and your wallet likes, buy, wait for it to be built, and check out your captain. if they can autotrade, (three stars) great. if not, reload.

Dont send it off to trade just yet, it can fit 13+ captain.
save again.
Buy some Elite Vanguards. choose the maximum setting loadout, then strip everything off them that you can, add to shopping list, then before you pay, just increase the number of ships to what you can afford,
you want a minimum of autotrade, so 3 stars, shuffle them off to your vulture, sell all your elites, save and try again till you have 5-6 vultures with a crew of maybe 6-13 three star plusses. obviously, you might want them to be tanky (Tel sheilds) and fairly rapid, (Paranid combat engines/travel engines) with a few lasertowers to vomit out as distractions while it escapes.or more ships with a minimum spec. the choice is yours.
then, when you find some random ships, or just convince the crews of some ships to give you theirs, you already have a decent captain to chuck into them.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
The Beta 2.0 (3) is quite, quite loving insane.

Hatikva is being mantrained by metal prawns,
Its happening everywhere there is a xenon gate.
At first the Teladi had a R.R. Fleet, and were surprisingly adept with their pimp hand,
it was a matter of time, IZ is being overrun,

The house of pancakes is just watching them steadily advance toward the Highway Ring, Arg and Ant pressure from the north,
Godrealm from the east, from Pancake to Crepe.

-Flot is Dead- he managed to get a falcon sentinel to bail, the Minotaur Raider was waiting,
Out of respect, I ejected a Fine Meal while grabbing the falcon, I hope he's frowning at things in 3.1 star tradesman Valhalla.
This new gamestart has been refreshing, from capping a Minotaur almost by accident partway through my first go around the highway ring,
to discovering how to jank my build zone into gates and other factories.

staberind fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Feb 18, 2019

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Nopilios is the babby's first sector, conveniently close to the border dispute of par/hop and the phq. lawless so you can go ape selling drugs to whoever, and ofc, nuking people on the other side of the gate and reselling the drugs.
I start a new game one of the first things I get is an admin so I can rename everything something stupid. apparently owning a place will allow you to have laws, but its probably going to be along the lines of "none of these drugs" as opposed to "you must have a minimum of these drugs at all times or kneel before Zod"

chop chop.
not mine, someone in the Ego discord put that up.

Also, since 2.0 dropped, people seem to be having difficulties capping behemoths from sca, for me, its just a little slower, but eventually they get the message and leave just the captain to deal with my 8-30 0 star marines clambering all over everything and shooting their feet off.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
in my headcannon the cock are just the 3.5 dimensional hands of a 7th dimensional hyperbeing infant, and our existance is like little creatures in a rockpool for them, until they discovered we had nividium, which is like a combo of pepper, salt, mustard and meth, is a pleasing octave and just the right hue, plus, it does not gently caress up so badly when making paper gliders for 7th dimensional space. so they tried to tell us this, sadly their communication systems were limited to hard light at the time.
as we were somehow able to nibble away at their gloves, they made tougher gloves, however, in X4 they discovered 8d p0rn that was wisely hidden from them until now. so are not really there.

I get bored easily.

Oh, to celebrate (?) my entry into the "modder" classification in the Ego discord, I got all the ships from X3's Xtra pack converted over to a format that Blender can open and fiddle with, so, I'm going to try the Kha'ak Ships, however, anyone is welcome to have a crack at importing ships from that pack into X4 (I got permission from Cadius, the maker of it on the Ego forums), so, anyone wanting to fiddle with Xtr4 can go ahead.

staberind fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 9, 2019

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Secondary wares kind of exist in some ways for X4 as well : drugs food and medicine for the different races, also, the junk for ship modding and missions like herbicide and so on, plus, people are making tools to create wares.
Unlike Rebirth, X4 is waiting for some badly needed dlc to be released to fill it out some more, the Rebirth dlc added more sectors and some unique stations, (FE; a design reused as the teladi trade hubs in X4), Rebirth as a package was broken however pretty much feature complete.

Whats maybe important to note is when Rebirth, with its single playable ship, was released, most of the old school modders played it a bit, but turned around and left, X4 has a lot of people coming back.
I asked Cadius if they minded if their models were used in X4, they said sure, they were enjoying the game and a bit too busy to make models for it, since then, they have posted in the X4 modding forum, with a project they are working on, A battleship a bit bigger than the colossus.

As for myself, I'm not going to lie, I am terribad at blender, but I'm slowly working on it, I was terrible at ZBrush as well, then I studied how to use it and made some mods a while back. (I open it now and I have forgotten wtf I am doing, but again, sitting around with some tutorials will remind me.)
If you are sitting on the fence and asking if X4 is worth getting, I'd say not quite yet, If I have to be totally honest, however, its the sucessor to X3:AP we were waiting for, If you liked what eventually became X3:AP you will know that it got to that point by improving the UI and including some of the more QOL based mods.
The present patch 2.00 has working shipbuilding finally, although, as usual, ego have decided to shoot themselves in the foot and put it behind the faction grind; you cannot scan for the shipyard blueprints unless your game is modded. although, as there is apparently a Pirate start in the works, I am not sure if that's set in stone. using the Devstarts allows you to scan down blueprints for everything, including wharfs, L & XL shipyards and their Equipment Dock counterparts.
There are still some flaws in the base game that mods can take care of : mined up all that Nividium and filled a stations storage with it? causing it to fail as it cannot fit anything else? mod got your back.
The same mod does this with all station storage, there is a constant demand for stuff, so your trader should not just grind to a halt as they cannot sell their junk anywhere.
So when you do manage to build your ship building megaplex, all the races will take advantage of it and build their ships there too, the more blueprints you buy, the more ships you can build, thus, the more ships get built, if you are mining all the raw materials yourself, its soon profit you can flip for more blueprints.
What do you do when you run out of blueprints to buy?
There are a bunch of xenon sectors. they can be taken over.
Unfortunately, xenon ships cannot be boarded, yet. there is no place to put a pilot. however, there are plenty of cabins and cockpits that people are learning to copy and use to scratchbuild ships with. so, its just a matter of time until the Xenon become flyable, when my project is underway, I'm hoping to include the cock as well.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

X4 is definitely a better X base than Rebirth and I'd probably argue a better base for a really spectacular X game than X3 was. The problem is X3 as it exists now has mountains of content that wasn't in the initial release. If X4 expands the same way I think it'll be better, and if it has half the mod development it'll be better still.

Just the underlying systems are great in X4, the problem really is just that there's not enough space or variety of content using those systems. The war system would be incredible if there were a big expanse of space for it to happen in. Factions can colonise and develop areas but there's nowhere for them to actually expand into in the base game.

More than anything I want a big ol' pile of empty space. The game would absolutely be able to let factions expand into it themselves.

Come and hang out on the mod discord, https://discord.gg/PnXSUE someone is making an expanded map, with basically free space for the factions to beat each other up in and expand into, without the core sectors getting much friction (Discord invite dies in a day)

staberind fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 30, 2019

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
At the moment I have about 2000 hours in X4, I'm taking a break to do some eurotravel and rl stuff.
Like all the Xgames, the salvation is in the mods, however, they have made gui mods kinda hard to do, & putting new models and poo poo is still early days, although plenty of people are doing that, up to and including gag mods like a maus tank.
some must have mods *imo* are Deadairs extra map & ROR for that, its not quite litcubes for X4 but its a healthy nod towards it, ROR gives you some bozo's who are well equipped and -30 with you to chew through, plus some extra XL ships to break the game with, DeadAirs MAP also takes away highways and makes "Modded Ventures" require a patch, (poke me to give one for the op), essentially, you can't go on ventures with a modded game, more because you sending offf assets that might not be in others universe might affect their and your game, fair enough, so, someone basically made an otherwise unenterable "Venture" sector thats added to your map, and simulates ventures. its amusing, and better than nothing, if you have played X4 for a few hundred hours and cannot be bothered restarting to do the same crap again, "learnallthethings & seeallthethings" makes crew learn poo poo quicker, and starts you out knowing all the map, (but the fog of war is there until you or your controlled ships actually go someplace)
"Devstarts" is also good at that point as well, although some have been neutured so ya can't start with a large fleet of 50+ ships anymore, although, the one with some L mining ships started me out with 100 mil, so this way I get to choose what race of fleet I want...

I have played with 2.50 beta a while, and have a pretty fresh stat in the main game at 2.50, and stuff seems stable enough.
Oh, and the devstarts have the bonus of teleportation & scanning down blueprints from the start, however, you still need the hq to research ship modding, so its still got its uses.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

PoopinClumpin posted:

Have we heard any noise about mods, modules or plugins? I have a 5 split and boron 3DSmax ship models that I'd like to see if I can find a way to work into the existing gameplay

Yeah, I also have all of the xtra ships exported to .dae for blender, I just have not got around to doing much with them,
although there are some new ships added, I think Brummbear on the ego discord is the guy to see, there are also some tools for imp/exp from blender, however the x/y/z polarity is a smol problem with blender.

My plan was to learn how the paint channels all work, and re-introduce the Kha'ak ships from xtra as a foe, plus, maybe beef up the choice of xenon with drones using the xtra pack's models, same with kha'ak, the l+xl ships would be ok as medium sized ships, and plenty of love for the smaller details.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Right now I'm Idling in Stalker Anomaly, waiting for the Split update to be released, Before that I was playing No Man's Sky, which has Improved a great deal since release,
although, may occasionally require save editing to repair an unrepairable part on found ships.Beyond that though, its fun.

Might check out the 2.60b later on in the week, but still enjoying the zone...

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
the 3 beta...
Lemme preface by mentioning that I have a huge universe: Dead Air Gate plus RoR, yet the game runs a lot smoother now than it did on launch, theres still a few logical holes to patch, but the game has not turned into a slideshow.
I restarted for 3.00 with a devstart, so I had a few midsize and s size ships, scanning (including wharves, shipbuilding, etc) and teleportation, but I had to get boso into his tank before i could mod my ships.
the ui has become more complex than it was at launch, so i'd imagine it would take someone starting out right now a bit of time to make any sense of the menu's and how to accomplish some things, plus, while you can do cool things like assign ships to help speed up building stations, they seem to still sit around like dorks.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Everyone is waiting HARD in the split though.

maybe more boron, but eh.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Just grabbed the patch, 3.9 gig? wew.
Now I have to see if any extensions work...
The scientist start looks like fun

Michaellaneous posted:

Is there a goon discord for this?

The X4 Disco is pretty goony, most of the mod-makers hang out there as well.

As an aside. cool banks related name.

staberind fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Feb 20, 2020

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Not 100% sure, but there is a mod to chuck it into the unclaimed sector nopilious, also, the new start looks interesting, sidestepping the whole "be a distraction, hire a ship to build a landing pad" bit, we still don't have a functioning bodyslide for X4 so no spacesuit bikini's, yet.
I'm going to stick to the devstarts "start with a small fleet, icl. 2 xl's" as that also starts with teleport and full scanning (yeah, wharfs, l and xl shipyards too).
Unfortunately, X4 is a crashfest atm, even with 0 mods, it ctd's all the time on startup, so, i'll be faffing in NMS or The Outer Worlds, which is awesome.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
the modified tag just stops the official Ventures from being able to be launched. (Although, of course, others ships can come and fart about in your space, aka, be loot pinata's with a "make ventures enemies" mod)
My games from GoG, and I seem to have the cheevo's they list, despite playing 98% of the time in a modded game.

I pared down my mods a bit for a ng+ also, scaleplate now use split stuff in scpuseall,

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Oh, I gotta point out : the XR ship pack is in the list, but so far, I have not seen any of the ships in the wild, so it probably needs an update to play nice with the split.
Also,
Among the mods above, PaintjobsForSale trivialises making money in the game, you start out with (once you login to egosoft for ventures) 50 of the "foundations x" paintjobs, which can sell for up to 1.2 mil a pop, find a trade station with a few traders, (Teladi,) look through each of the traders for the best deal, (1.2 mil or so is the most), sell there, then, buy them at a different trader for less, 5-6000k rinse, repeat.

As an addendum to Owlfanciers post, there's also a mod that periodically reduces the wares (like Nividium, for example) from tradestations, if they are over a certain amount. https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/167

Ok, last addendum. got X-Rebirth? https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/434?tab=description
I lied, so I decided to redownload XR to try out the above X-Masher, will update with deets, also check out the egosoft discord, its chill.

staberind fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 14, 2020

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

looks good, some XR ships on a new game (Dev) start

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Aslso, depending on your start and mods, you can blatt the free corvette for its blueprint.
unfortunately, until they fix it or not, starting the boso ta/HQ mission in FRF space does not get you a Cobra, you get a Cerb. sadly (Why yes, I already tried)
also
https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=129&t=424921&p=4936092#p4933399
if you want a ship in X4 see above.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
There's a bunch of really basic but major bugs with guidance, targeting and autopilot that have existed since release, the kind of basic stuff you'd imagine would be sorted out way before the first expansion.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
80% buiding drones, 10% def, 10% repair.
Whups, also, having a lot of service crew on board helps too, aparrently.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

this game....

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Ok. So, stop everything, go here https://github.com/bvbohnen/x4-projects/releases and grab the Mod_Support_Apis (other stuff looks fun, but lets stay focussed)
next, get this https://github.com/AlbertoRota/x4-Better-piracy/releases/tag/v0.9.0

install both into extensions.

now you can harass ship and piracy is piracy. (Sirnukes system is a bit like the Fallout 4/Skyrim cmm, basically you get to fiddle with mod settings in an extra menu in the esc menu)

tempted to make an SA GET OUT edit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
A lot of people are discovering the "Pause" button and using it, remembering to pause and/or save periodically is deffo in the top 10 "Starting X4 what do??" list.
unlike some games, X4 does not ruin the affect of wheeeeeee space dogfight by pausing and micromanaging some dolt across the universe not paying attention to my globals, oh, and blacklists don't work, glhf.
After the new patch goes mainstream, I'll probably make some lil' pdf's on the first few hours/days playing X4, and the stuff you can do to gub some cash up/find some ships.
if anyone has any suggestions or question not answered in their disco/forums, ask away, or drop those ideas in.