Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
This game better be good.

Maybe I should restart my abandoned X3 LP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Looking forward to the Hatsune Miku wallscrolls in the bridge mod.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
SETA was great because I could set it to 10x speed then alt tab as my bank account fattened up.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I have preordered this game

I will either be very happy or very disappointed.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
X Rebirth was an anomaly for modding, the first mods for it was one that removed the furbait nose art and to remove your copilot's boob window. Usually the first mods for games are ones that make those things even MORE deviant!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

NeurosisHead posted:

Enough time to create a blank slate for a narrative. Although with 500 some odd hours in X3 I couldn't tell you a loving thing about the story in that game so I'm not too concerned either way!

Here is the story of X3:

Make dank rear end space weed.
Make profits.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
So how well did loving with the various races work out in Rebirth? One of my biggest complaints with X3 is how factions can endlessly throw ships at you when you start blowing poo poo up.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

mods changed my name posted:

i want to play the space game

:hai:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Hav posted:

Edit: Am I the only person that couldn't give a gently caress for walking around?

If I wanted to get up and walk around I'd just stand up from my computer chair, amen.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
This thread on the 30th:

This game runs like poo poo on my 1080TI and i7 8700k

Well this game runs a buttery 144 fps on my ti calculator

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Man there is some deaf rear end people watching this stream.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Game Good?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Gorelab posted:

My favorite was blowing up Teladi in X3. My profffiiiiiitssss. Followed by a super half-assed aaaaah.

Boron: Noooooooo.....

Waters failing!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
You can outfit your ship while you're buying it. This is great.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah I don't want to be a dick or anything but... hoo boy. Cemented my dislike of streamers, too busy playing the crowd to play the game.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
True, they could've given it to DSP who would do both those things while also constantly stopping to thank everyone who gives him a dollar and buys a subscription.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I have preordered this game because I like supporting devs who make games that I enjoy.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah you drop them into a folder I think, there's a tab for it on the menu.

Finally, I can use the Rastafarian flag for my dank spaceweed empire.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
:saddowns:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I hope they put in a pause and plan system. Trying to give orders mid combat was a pain in the rear end in X3

Taintrunner posted:

weird, because there's only one you need, and it's this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Sq1Nr58hM

:eyepop:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Wait, wait.

I just thought.

I can use the station editor to make a weed complex that looks like a blunt.

:hmmyes:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I want to play the space game and sell space weed and space fuel.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Holy poo poo watched the stream and the khaak are in this!

Finally I can get some khaak

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Are hardpoints a thing in X4?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

You mean swappable weapon and turret mounts? Yes. Most station parts also come with places you can mount guns if you want.

Also uh, apparently you can build stations 40km long???

Meaning more like hitting certain parts of bigger ships to cripple them.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

Oh then yes I think so, shields, weapons, engines, turrets etc were physical objects on the surface in Rebirth and this is also how they're modeled in X4, I assume you can disable them the same as you could in Rebirth. One of the really good additions Rebirth made to the simulation.

Goooooood. I disliked how it felt combat was an all or nothing thing when it came to capitals. It either fought at the same strength between 100% to 1% or it was dead.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm glad I grabbed mine before bitcoins took off.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Its looking like its gonna unlock as soon as I get off work :unsmith:

Sadly I work 3 am saturday morning :smith:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
That button better be pressed before I get home from work Egosoft

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I got 3321 FPS and my gpu exploded help why isn't vsync in the graphics menu :supaburn:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Where is the emblems folder so I can drop dicks into it?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Leal posted:

Where is the emblems folder so I can drop dicks into it?

Make a save and look in your documents folder for an egosoft folder, then go into x4 and into a folder that has a bunch of numbers in the name. Put in a folder called "logos", make sure the image is square and has the same dimensions for width and length.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Why does the game keep giving me missions to build space stations :saddowns:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Anyone having better luck then I when it comes to trading? Nothing ever seems to sell for less then I can sell it to another place. I assume the little coins next to each item is the demand, and I can never find anything that is being sold for less then 3 coins.

E: This is like after 2 hours of flying around.

Leal fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 30, 2018

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Jesustheastronaut! posted:

I got a mining ship and let the AI do it's automine thing. After about an hour and half of mining the ship made me a grand total of.....6k credits. Pretty huge waste

I just bought a mining ship, gathered about 300 silicon and sold it for 40k, making about a quarter of its cost in like 10 minutes. Did you buy a small mining ship?

E: drat I'd kill for a better "explore" command, the ship never seems to leave the immediate area.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

TwoDice posted:

Man I hired a builder for my station and it hasn't showed up for an hour and I can't hire another one.

Must've been a contractor :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Highways and travel mode makes it hilariously easy to be a smuggler in this game. Moving too fast for the police to scan ya.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Griz posted:

they just dropped a patch that fixes that, the map teleport bug, and some other stuff

quote:

• Fixed explosions near the Manager's Office sometimes killing the station manager and making trading impossible.

Sounds like something thats working as intended :colbert:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Does exploration and refresh trade deals not work for the AI? They never move from their spot, if they are moving then its on the Z axis.

Inverness posted:

If I have some illegal goods that I don't know where to sell, and I dump them in space, will the containers stay there until I come back for them? It will suck if they despawned after a time limit.

I've seen dropped goods vanish, I don't know if its off a spawn timer or if maybe the AI was swooping up silicon from destroyed miners.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Decided to take a chance and threw my Mercury to do a space fuel run and GOD drat. Making like 300k per trip, and whats great is where this space fuel distillery is at. Its RIGHT next to the highway, so it can get out of Argon space instantly and hop off onto a Paranid station where space fuel is legal.