Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

coming back to X4 after a two year break and god drat if these aren't the absolute worst first-person controls I've ever encountered in a game. How did I put 400 hours in this (by standing in a station playing galaxy manager simulator)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Anyone else on the beta having a problem with automine? Buying station is in the same system, with a 9k buy order, but my miners just idle with a full cargo load. I can manually order the trade and it works so it's not an availability or dock access problem.

edit: I think I might have figured it out. The lowest silicon sell price I can specify for repeat order is 111 cr. The station is buying at 110. I bet the autominer is obeying the 111 minimum. I've never encountered this before so I don't know if I'm right, if this is a previously known issue or if there's way around it. I guess I'll test a few things.

edit2: yep that's exactly what it was. as soon as the price went up by 1 cr everything started working. well, TIL.

thunderspanks fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Apr 5, 2024

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

ZombyDog posted:

If you have a recent unmodified save handy showing this, probably post your findings in their Beta feedback forum, looks like someone else has mentioned the auto pricing being a little weird but not gone into greater detail.

I blew away the save, sadly, but it was a custom start- I'm starting a new one with the standard Terran start and if the problem persists I'll definitely be passing it along. Being the previously mentioned 'Galaxy manager simulator' kind of player, this is a real big PITA for me. ALL the silicon prices crashed to 110 so I feel like its not just them trying some new balancing.

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

FrickenMoron posted:

I might misremember it but your standing has an affect on pricing? I forgot if you can get a malus on pricing if they dislike you enough but still let you dock. That way your sale price could get pushed below minimum values for a ware.

The custom start I made had 0 rep across the board (among a bunch of other stuff) so to remove variables I decided on a fresh terran start. +10 rep, but the issue persists. Silicon trades only exist at 110 and automining/repeat orders can't be completed as a result. I'll be submitting the save and report later this afternoon once I'm home. That Beta Test Life baby