Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wanna see these boys bicker/flirt for two cours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's confusing because they can only act when there is evidence of tide pod use, but that includes super powers as if tide pods are the only source of super powers. nexts are born, not made, and there was never any indication that they were restricted to sternbild. i suspect d&k will simply never mention nexts, since their existence would mess up the show's entire premise and medication bullets wouldn't do anything against them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Caphi posted:

I'm pretty sure this is a prequel. Agnes is just an anchor instead of a producer and has a different name (marriage?), and I think she looks younger.

it can't be that much of a prequel unless that is agnes' mother. mr. legend was active several decades before hero tv existed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, i'm aware that i'm overthinking this.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

chumbler posted:

Kirill is genre aware enough to know they were tripping flags all over the place, but not enough to know naturally the prisoner claiming to be the bottom rung is actually the boss.

Also where is the Boxer and Robot episode, stop holding out on me, show.

it's with the rock bison episode, on a farm out in the country where they can run around all day

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
they thought that esperanza was ranked from a to z, with a being the leader because that's what zabel told them. it is the opposite. bamboo man might not even be b. also, zabel was arrested on a minor charge and then confessed to killing those 5 people, meaning he deliberately entered prison.

the other prisoner who got dragged off was also scheduled to be executed, and then he was.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
zabel was in prison because he wanted to be in prison. he obviously didn't confess back then because he was so intimidated by doug. as for bamboo man, his behavior was nothing but fishy. he left when the clock tolled, rather than when zabel had gotten out. he was out of time, though it's unclear whether that was a duration to his powers or a time limit he adhered to.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you have to remember that the character writing in t&b was off the loving charts, but the plotting often had huge holes in it. zabel's weird, sloppy escape plan was probably intended to be a brilliant scheme.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he might have been humoring the drunk guy. if they actually showed the sun(s) now it would clarify matters.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Mordja posted:

They have before.

well, were there two of them?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
....huh.

also, there is an approximately 3000% chance that 'vallery vrubel' is an esperanza executive. i'm guessing the only person who will be surprised by this is kirill.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i was expecting max's backstory to be something regrettable or pathetic she had risen past since it involved a high school prom. nope! it turns out that max was always cool as hell and it was everyone else who sucked.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think kirill is probably good at all sorts of things which are not actually useful

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Homura and Sickle posted:

its 13 episodes unfortunately, much as i wish this was 2 cour

noooooooooooooo

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
dang, doug's reaction when his dumb prank on kirill ended up making that scene even more harsh.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think the idea is that despite valery no longer dressing as a woman as a disguise, he's still kirill's brother. people mistake kirill for a woman all the time and valery, like kirill, is incredibly pretty.

i thought valery was a post-op trans man and that kirill was instantly completely cool with it, but i guess not. that would have been a much better explanation, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
extra episodes most likely means character-centric episodes rather than more of the dumb main plot.