Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Everything Burrito posted:

also you can't actually understand how stupid Kirill is by just hearing about it, you have to experience it
he is so earnest and so, so dumb :allears:

e:
I just can't stop thinking about what a good boy he is; I mean, he's got the design and tragic backstory to be an angsty pretty-boy type but instead he's a goofball who wants to be a hero. How great is that :3:

I love Kirill so much. Also his amazing outfit.
"Hmm, what shall I wear to my first day on my new job as a detective? I think high-heeled boots, a skirt, and a cropped leather jacket, all in shades of mauve. Yes, that seems right." :gay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

It's straightfaced boke and idiot tsukkomi.

It's also nice how they just immediately like each other.
Kirill thinks Doug is so cool :allears: and Doug picked Kirill out as a partner and is totally supportive of him getting up to speed in his new job. It's just so pleasant.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

AnacondaHL posted:

Hot take: I already like this show more than Tiger&Bunny. It is an Improvement.

Mmm.
I am more immediately charmed by this than I was by T&B, but whether or not the show as a whole will live up to it remains to be seen. I think one of the things that made T&B so great was the overall emotional arc of Wild Tiger becoming a more serious hero and getting closer to the other heroes and Barnaby -- the sequence where there's an imposter Tiger, and the denouement where they have the showdown and finally break Barnaby's brainwashing is so good I get chills just remembering it. I dunno if D&K will manage anything to match that.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Mighty Dicktron posted:

This show's already way more gay than Tiger & Bunny was 3 episodes in, it's pretty great

I know! :allears:
Like, the bit where he's looking at relationship advice books and his landlady is all "If you want to win someone's heart, these donuts are pretty good!" and the thought of going "No, no, it's not like that!" clearly doesn't even enter his mind.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Ccs posted:

some anime of the past (Heat Guy J, etc.)

Heat Guy J was loving lit and is seriously underappreciated IMO.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Wark Say posted:

What say you, goons? New thread title? Or nay?

Yea!
(I think that one is funnier with no context than the current one.)

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Sindai posted:

Everything drunk guy said was true and that explains why this setting is so oddly different from Tiger and Bunny. :tinfoil:

Did you notice that Kirill said "What do you mean? There are always two suns." at one point?
This is definitely set in an artificial environment of some kind.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i was expecting max's backstory to be something regrettable or pathetic she had risen past since it involved a high school prom. nope! it turns out that max was always cool as hell and it was everyone else who sucked.

Yeah, I was extremely pleased with that.
Like: "Oh, you want to be my girl for the prom? Sure thing hon, let me go hire a suit." :sparkles:

It's a shame it had such a sad ending though. :cry:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

quote:

"I'll give you head pats later."

God this show is so loving queer and I love it. And I mean, the whole "shirtless Doug riding on Kirill's shoulders" sequence was just... :allears:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

dogsicle posted:

the same episode as you make a dumb plot justification for Valery crossdressing out of necessity and nothing more.

I am genuinely confused as to what Valery's gender is supposed to be.

Kirill initially introduced them as his sister, now they show up playing the role of his brother, and...
Are they a woman (cis? trans?) who's now dressing as a man to disguise themself? That doesn't gel with Kirill now calling them his "brother".
Are they a trans man? That doesn't fit with what you mentioned about 'crossdressing out of necessity'!
... are they genderfluid? :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Gnossiennes posted:

overall though, I'm not real confident in any media giving trans-related issues nuance or accuracy v:shobon:v

Play The Missing, or just watch SGF's LP of it.
It's very good.