Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

wanna see these boys bicker/flirt for two cours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pollyanna posted:

when are they gonna make these kinds of anime with women instead of men tho

why are you trying to ruin this for me

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
finally got my internet running enough to watch both episodes and i love it so much

also you can't actually understand how stupid Kirill is by just hearing about it, you have to experience it
he is so earnest and so, so dumb :allears:

e:
I just can't stop thinking about what a good boy he is; I mean, he's got the design and tragic backstory to be an angsty pretty-boy type but instead he's a goofball who wants to be a hero. How great is that :3:

Everything Burrito fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Oct 1, 2018

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

E: Good episode. I love my dumb cop child.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Darth Walrus posted:

So I’m assuming Doug’s old partner just moved to another department, huh?

Don't you see him serving food in a bar in the OP?

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I support Dr Bieber's love for Derrick

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lmao that was too funny all the way through

the narrator is the best character right now

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
just completely skipping over whatever Derrick's tale was, lol

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Darth Walrus posted:

We saw it in the intro. Dude really wanted to become a bartender.

I may have read more of a gag into that than there was then, I thought it was more of his backstory than what was in the intro but they just skipped past it to be funny :shobon:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Kirill did good this episode :3

next week looks hilarious

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Vahtooch posted:

Was the animation super janky this week or is it just me? All seemed crazy off model and super heavy use of the 3d

The off model stuff was pretty jank, the CG stuff I noticed but it didn't really bother me. I'd rather they use that than have their faces be lopsided D:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

The end scene states a few things:
-Zabel says outright that it was A's body, although I do think there is some validity to the foot belonging to A and the body being someone else which would make sense if he was faking his death
-The locations were hidden in the crossword answers, so until he worked the puzzle he didn't have that info
-B prepared the "treasure hunt" and it shows the marks placed in the school that indicate the spot where the body is (a bamboo leaf > Bamboo Man)
-Ricky was on the take and was operating as a go-between for Zabel and B
-Ricky is wearing Zabel's prison jumpsuit so ostensibly his body will be taken as Zabel's and that identity is now considered dead
-B plus a group of other (likely) Esperanza operatives are working for the man formerly known as Zabel

I think it's safe to take (most of) these things at face value, and imo either the A-Z hierarchy is not as obvious as it sounds or there is an internal shakeup happening with Z/whoever he is consolidating power and removing adversaries.

What was the significance of the two prisoners interacting at the very beginning? Who was that other guy?
Prisoner #487 -- was he the guy getting dragged off later screaming that they were going to kill him? I can't find the spot to rewatch that scene and my internet is rear end so it takes forever to restart the stream when I skip around in it so I wasn't sure if that guy was supposed to be somebody or just a rando.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I was trying to figure out what motive he might have to be in jail, and other than protection while whatever his long-term plans were came to fruition, I'm not sure. There is probably some sort of reason that we haven't been shown yet :shrug:

Agree that subbing Ricky for Zabel to provide a body is sloppy, seems like even the most rudimentary examination would show that to not be the same person.