Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
The subs for this are fantastic and really help nail the comic delivery in this show. Also,

Doug: I want to rid the world of poverty and class.
Kirill: Sounds badass.

I'm glad for our communist protagonists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Also I like that even though it's the classic buddy cop dynamic of hotheaded rookie and cool, wise veteran, it still feels a bit fresh in this context because it's an inverse of the dynamic Barnaby and Kotetsu had.

It's straightfaced boke and idiot tsukkomi.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 2, 2018

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

thetoughestbean posted:

So, this is supposed to be in the same universe as Tiger & Bunny, right? Is it before or after super powers became a thing? Because, if it's before, I'm pretty sure the Tide pods are just activating latent superpowers that people already have

Pretty sure in the opening exposition of episode 1 they mentioned superpowers and heroes being a thing, but just not in the city where this show takes place.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

chumbler posted:

How is it possible for one boy to be so dumb?

I don’t think you should be that hard on yourself, chumbler.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Thinking about how Doug lying to Kirill is basically how I interact with my friends online

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dzhay posted:

2018 is truly the year of gay robots.

Taking this far too seriously for a moment: does this put this show in the future of T&B? Robots were kind of rubbish there.

America is always technologically behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ep 5: