Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pollyanna posted:

when are they gonna make these kinds of anime with women instead of men tho
I know it's not exactly the same and might not be whacchu you looking for / you may have already seen it, but have you watched Bodacious! Space Pirates? Most of the main cast is female and it has that similar vibe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Pollyanna posted:

I'm...tentatively curious, though that title makes a bit nervous. I'll check it out, though.
The original title was like "Fierce Space Pirates!" or something like that. Kinda similar to something like 「熱血」 ("Nekketsu" or Hot-Blooded). Trust me, though, it's an absolute grand-slam of a series.

chumbler posted:

Second episode is up on crunchyroll now.
drat! Watching it right now.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
He's an idiot, but goddamn is he a lovable idiot. Also that ED was the bee's knees.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
So I must ask...

Waffleman_ posted:

DOUBLE DECKER! Doug & Kirill: That's Right! He's Also An Idiot!

E: Holy poo poo this ED
... is that your final answer?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Anybody else got any suggestions?
It can be changed easy-peasy. For now...

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

chumbler posted:

No Sky High, though.
We have the dub voice of George Clooney playing a very silly boss, so I think that balances it out.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Show continues to rule extremely hard.

In other news, if anybody here is skilled at making gifs, I do believe you've been showered with quite the gif(t) right here...

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm pretty certain it's Yoji Ueda (Speedwagon in JoJo).

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What say you, goons? New thread title? Or nay?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, when was the last time you got a narrator this funny in anime?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

this same season in Middle Manager Tonegawa/One-Day Pass Foreman Ootsuki
Ah, right. Yeah, that's a pretty good narrator. Especially in the dub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Then it's done. If you guys catch a funnier title and at least 3 goons itt vote for it, I don't mind one bit changing it. PM's, posts here or at the thread Namtab created are welcome. :)