Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

hahaha

ahhhh

welp

also some beto news

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1046206778730373122

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

He's running for president if he beats Cruz.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
It's Gold Star Mothers and Families Day and only one of my congressshitters made any public posts today.

I mean, one was a happy birthday to her daughter and the other was to share a video the GOP made, but it's the thought that counts.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
No posts about the earthquake and tsunami that hit the Philippines? Official death count is about 800, but they couldn't reach a city of 300k people until today, and there are a lot of smaller towns and villages in the are they have no contact with. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of deaths reaches 5 digits :(

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-SFtK8xrV8

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 30, 2018

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Dead before 40?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Torrannor posted:

No posts about the earthquake and tsunami that hit the Philippines? Official death count is about 800, but they couldn't reach a city of 300k people until today, and there are a lot of smaller towns and villages in the are they have no contact with. I wouldn't be surprised if the number of deaths reaches 5 digits :(

Also a carbomb went off in Allentown last night

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/09/30/allentown-car-explosion-kills-one-person/

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I figured that it was determined it was a car bomb but the news outlets I've seen only said that a car "exploded" and that the ATF and FBI were investigated.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

SquirrelyPSU posted:

I figured that it was determined it was a car bomb but the news outlets I've seen only said that a car "exploded" and that the ATF and FBI were investigated.

Car exploded but no immediate assumption of a bomb?

Was it a Tesla?

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Billy Joel :argh:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Huh. Haven't seen anything like that in years.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

McNally posted:

Car exploded but no immediate assumption of a bomb?

Was it a Tesla?

A Tesla...in Allentown? :thunk:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/kanyewest/status/1046466533973590016

:lol::stare::lol::stare::lol:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

having a normal one

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Drink some bleach Kanya, it'll free your mind.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

quote:

abolish the 13th amendment.

:allbuttons:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Yeezy just wants poor white people to be enslaved too, reparations and equality and all that, a very stable genius.

When you think about it we're already enslaved to debt and the banks so whats a little amendment worth anyway?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I'm going to give him some benefit of the doubt and assume he's talking about the bolded:

quote:

Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

But still :catstare:

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Don't give Kanye any benefit of the doubt. He's an egotistical idiot and has only gotten worse since meeting Owens.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I'm going to give him some benefit of the doubt and assume he's talking about the bolded:

Yeah, he's since clarified that he meant amend the 13th.

But he's still an idiot.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Kanye is a semiliterate nut who is extremely good at beats and mixing and extremely bad at everything else. He gets no benefit of the doubt for anything beyond producing bomb rear end singles.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Huh. Haven't seen anything like that in years.

Authorities really clamped down on explosives after OKC, then doubled down after 9/11.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Stultus Maximus posted:

Kanye is a semiliterate nut who is extremely good at beats and mixing and extremely bad at everything else. He gets no benefit of the doubt for anything beyond producing bomb rear end singles.

i used to say that stephen wolfram was the kanye west of physical cellular automata: he's technically a genius, sure, but a huge dipshit

converse also applies, i guess

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
And just in case someone wants to call me racist or whatever for calling Kanye semiliterate,

quote:

West’s derision of books comes despite the fact that his late mother, Donda West, was a university English professor before she retired to manage his music career. She died in 2007 of complications following cosmetic surgery.

“Sometimes people write novels and they just be so wordy and so self-absorbed,” West said. “I am not a fan of books. I would never want a book’s autograph.”

“I am a proud non-reader of books. I like to get information from doing stuff like actually talking to people and living real life,” he said.

And being a MAGA chud is exactly what happens when you dismiss the idea of reading information.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

When's he gonna start unironically posting poo poo from the mises institution?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

When's he gonna start unironically posting poo poo from the mises institution?
That's too intellectual for him.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

If he's trying to imply prison work is a form of slavery then yeah but other wise :wtc:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Casimir Radon posted:

That's too intellectual for him.

Idk that whole "I DIN' TRUST THAT BOOK-LARNIN' HOGWARSCH, I DO MAH LARNIN' WITH MAH HAINDS" thing is their schtick.

Elon does his learning with civil penalties so :shrug:

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Diane Feinstein being investigated for leaking documents regarding Ford, Swetnick to be excluded in the latest investigation and Rosenstein meeting delayed again.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

EBB posted:

If he's trying to imply prison work is a form of slavery then yeah but other wise :wtc:

It doesn't matter if you interpret that it's about ending prison slave labour because the people who need to understand that won't see it that way.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
This is one of those cases where it's an actual good-news story that the administration could and should probably push, but it will be stomped on by the Trump Show.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1046578916582920194

Of course, don't read into the headlines, the devil is in the details. They've been at this for a VERY long time and it could be just minor fiddling with NAFTA that wouldn't actually do much.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

matt damon was a good choice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRJecfRxbr8

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/RyanLizza/status/1046543162964156416

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

i want this as a shirt

https://tspr.ng/c/relentessbored

Done.

I think it works best as a tank, but you do you. Someone tell me where to donate any profits, the list they had in the site was garbage. Right now I'm thinking The Trevor Project

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

That story takes a bit to get going but drat, the political disconnect from reality is real.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

That story takes a bit to get going but drat, the political disconnect from reality is real.

a very good piece

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Haha.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/facebook-faces-potential-1-63-billion-fine-in-europe-over-data-breach-1538330906

quote:

A European Union privacy watchdog could fine Facebook Inc. as much as $1.63 billion for a data breach announced Friday in which hackers compromised the accounts of more than 50 million users, if regulators find the company violated the bloc’s strict new privacy law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yesssssssssssssssssss

• Locked thread