Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Seminal Flu posted:

No retreat. No surrender. Do not negotiate with terrorists.

Well my other compromise is turning the forums name into a gif, so hopefully they see we aren't loving around in the irl cool dudes forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Adiabatic posted:

Well my other compromise is turning the forums name into a gif, so hopefully they see we aren't loving around in the irl cool dudes forum.

You're doing god's work. Carry on.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

cakesmith handyman posted:

:forkbomb:

Mind sharing your recipe?

I've made a couple thousand bucks over the last few years selling bottles so uh....

(of which most went into making more sauce)

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Adiabatic posted:

:bisonyes:

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
I'm so disappointed with Tesla and Elon.

I almost worked for the company at the Gigafactory about a year back now. They hired me from 6 states away but they weren't willing to negotiate on pay.

It was pretty obvious to me that they were going out of their way to hire younger/educated guys willing to work for less after laying off however many employees. Knowing that it's pretty obvious why they aren't meeting production demands and putting ($60k CARS) together like glueless model kits.

Tesla was one of those things that I really wanted to believe in and at the time I saw it like a promising glimmer of hope in a country that's getting harder and harder to not completely hate by the day. But now the new american auto company is a joke and the CEO is too busy stuffing his nose with whatever Kayne West is snorting and banging pop stars to actually make the company work.

Toyota is going to eat their lunch and the company legacy will be resigned to a thumbnail photo of an electric car in a 2030 history textbook for elementary school students.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

64bit_Dophins posted:

I'm so disappointed with Tesla and Elon.

I almost worked for the company at the Gigafactory about a year back now. They hired me from 6 states away but they weren't willing to negotiate on pay.

It was pretty obvious to me that they were going out of their way to hire younger/educated guys willing to work for less after laying off however many employees. Knowing that it's pretty obvious why they aren't meeting production demands and putting ($60k) together like glueless model kits.

Tesla was one of those things that I really wanted to believe in and at the time I saw it like a promising glimmer of hope in a country that's getting harder and harder to not completely hate by the day. But no the new american auto company is a joke and the CEO is too busy stuffing his nose with whatever Kayne West is snorting and banging pop stars to actually make the company work.

Toyota is going to eat their lunch and the company legacy will be resigned to a thumbnail photo of an electric car in a 2030 history textbook for elementary school students.

good

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Rhyno posted:

I've made a couple thousand bucks over the last few years selling bottles so uh....

(of which most went into making more sauce)

No I understand, I'm not trying to muscle in, I just grew a bazillion more chillis this year than normal and don't want to waste them. I've been using this recipe:

https://dontwastethecrumbs.com/2016/02/15-minute-homemade-hot-sauce/

So I'm just after pointers. I'm also on the wrong continent.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

cakesmith handyman posted:

No I understand, I'm not trying to muscle in, I just grew a bazillion more chillis this year than normal and don't want to waste them. I've been using this recipe:

https://dontwastethecrumbs.com/2016/02/15-minute-homemade-hot-sauce/

So I'm just after pointers. I'm also on the wrong continent.

I've lost most of my chilli sauce recipes - since moving out of real houses and relying only on potted plants I've turned into a blackthumb as every potting mix loving suckssss. I'm not planting this year until I get some hydrogen peroxide to nuke all the bacteria and poo poo in the potting mixes! Tried 4 different brands of potting mixes last year and everything died - including the last few seeds of some of the rarest/most guaranteed uncrossed pure seeds I had left

But I used to have a heap of recipes and if you want some try browsing the hot pepper forums, there is usually heaps of sauce makers there willing to share.
But general things to experiment with: try add a bit of red onion and carrot. ginger, or lime juice, or experiment with the vinegar types (malt, apple cider, white wine), experiment with spices like tumeric, star anise, cardamom or cumin and other sauces like worcestershire. Tamarind. honey.
Plus also a fruit works well, I like something sweet like mango. I haven't tried but I wonder how peach, plum, pear, nectarine or whatever would taste like (especially with the fruitier yellow african chillies or bhuts/bihs.)

E: I did just find an old mango recipe of mine:

quote:

A ripe mango de skinned/peeled and diced
A carrot, grated
10 yellow 7 pot, and 5 aji pineapple chillies; de-stemmed, halved, de-seeding optional
Half a red/spanish onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
¾ a cup of lime juice (it takes about 5-6 small limes)
¼ cup white vinegar
1 TBSP salt
1/4 tsp tumeric
1/4 tsp ground cumin

simmer, blend, simmer, bottle. Makes about 500ml of sauce.

Hot as hell. Tasting it on a spoon is just very sweet and fruity due to the mango, and 7 pot yellows are a little fruity themselves, and aji pineapples do actually taste a little like pineapples.
But within a couple of seconds that sweetness is gone and your mouth is on fire and a little later your tongue numbs. Tasting it on food not much mango/fruity sweetness, just the heat and flavour of the yellow 7 pots come through.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Oct 1, 2018

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yesterday I woke up with a horrible sore lip, I thought I had bit the inside of my lip while I was sleeping or something, but after looking at it and checking teh internets, I apparently have a giant loving canker sore and it hurts like hell. I haven't had a canker sore since I was a child wtf is this bullshit.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Yesterday I woke up with a horrible sore lip, I thought I had bit the inside of my lip while I was sleeping or something, but after looking at it and checking teh internets, I apparently have a giant loving canker sore and it hurts like hell. I haven't had a canker sore since I was a child wtf is this bullshit.

Oh man I'm sorry to hear that.

For whatever reason I get canker sore (or several) every other month or so. It's really horrible.

There's medication you can get to swish around in your mouth that will coat them and make them go away in just a few days.

The non-prescription option is just to rinse with saltwater. I've found this generally makes them go away in a few days as well.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
Herpes.

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

ssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

I get them when I don't sleep well for a few days in a row. Scrub it with hydrogen peroxide, don't touch it with your tongue, and keep your mouth clean

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

The Door Frame posted:

I get them when I don't sleep well for a few days in a row. Scrub it with hydrogen peroxide, don't touch it with your tongue, and keep your mouth clean

similarly i get them when I've been stressed out for a few days

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Thanks Fo3! It sound like you can't really go wrong and just experiment. Next year I'll plan to do a few small batches and not just "everything I've harvested". I like the idea of a lighter fruity sauce.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol no canker sores are not herpes.

Will try peroxide although that sounds like it's gonna hurt like a bitch

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I just pack it with salt. Hurts pretty good, but resolves it almost immediately.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Seminal Flu posted:

I just pack it with salt. Hurts pretty good

Did this, confirmed pain :cry:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Don't die!

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Don't die!

It's gonna take more than herpes I mean canker sores to kill me :colbert:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Good man.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Can someone take the famous photo of 2 jovial gentlemen in a Miata, and paint jack-o'-lantern faces on them? TIA

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

It will be slightly less painful when you do it again in 4 hours.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Modern doctors will tell you not to use H2O2, because it can damage your own cells that are trying to heal the wound, but I take that to mean, "go easy on the H2O2"
It's not like salt is any better for your cells. Also, never swallow H2O2, great way to vomit

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3870286

:black101:

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."

Oh man I listened to this song on the way to work.

It's really good idc about all the Rob Zombie haters.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
As much as I enjoy flicking cigarettes at u, the hovertext should be changed to match.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Canker sore =/= cold sore. Cold sores are literally herpes, and most people with them probably got them from drunk aunt Linda kissing their cheek as a kid. Something crazy like 40% of the US is infected in some way, they are just asymptomatic.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I slam in the back of my
Dragula

CerealKilla420
Jan 3, 2014

"I need a handle man..."
One of my coworkers just got a Focus RS and I'm super jealous.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

Canker sore =/= cold sore. Cold sores are literally herpes, and most people with them probably got them from drunk aunt Linda kissing their cheek as a kid. Something crazy like 40% of the US is infected in some way, they are just asymptomatic.

You wish, between simplex 1 and 2, it's projected to be closer to 80%

Herpes is such a cool virus. The way it propagates itself is by stimulating the nerves in your lips or genitals as it starts shedding and becoming actively infectious. That way, it has a better chance to be passed on by a human who is suddenly very horny or has a temporary oral fixation. It's the perfect disease to inconspicuously spread

In non gross things, my sister's baby daddy has been violating the rules of his visitation and visiting my niece at school every other day, also breaking the rules of the preschool. I don't know what his game is, but for someone who gives up half his visitation days to hang out with his friends, refuses to help pay for anything, and invents fake car accidents to avoid court dates, he sure does care about his daughter :jerkbag:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Dagen H posted:

As much as I enjoy flicking cigarettes at u, the hovertext should be changed to match.

Don't forget our subforum, Psycho Asylum.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

GBS PS thread seems topical for current AI discussion

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
"Look, it's not EITHER of the herpes," I explain to the 137th person to walk by me today as they stare in horror at my chancre

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
^^ Just say "I got drunk and went down on your mom"

The Door Frame posted:

You wish, between simplex 1 and 2, it's projected to be closer to 80%

Herpes is such a cool virus. The way it propagates itself is by stimulating the nerves in your lips or genitals as it starts shedding and becoming actively infectious. That way, it has a better chance to be passed on by a human who is suddenly very horny or has a temporary oral fixation. It's the perfect disease to inconspicuously spread

The worst part is that it can appear in other places. Around 10% of infected people have herpes whitlow, an infection where the viral beds cover their hands.

I'm Immunocompromised and I'm one of those poor fucks, so roughly a quarter of the year I get to piss without using my hands. I need to buy stock in Abreva (it works well enough at stopping it from spreading) and manufacturers of *vir generics, I take that poo poo like vitamin gummies.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I have type 1, have an outbreak on my lips about once a year. When I had shoulder/collarbone surgery a few years ago I had an outbreak in my nether region a few days after surgery. I freaked out, but apparently type 1 can present other than on the lips under significant stress (like surgery).

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

This isnt a good thing to GIS at work.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Any of you guys tell me what the hell the part number is for these bastards? Or help me find it?

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/l473185430

They are OEM floor mats for a JA11 Suzuki Jimny. Unfortunately for me I can't get the part numbers for them from my normal places as they aren't parts that came with all Jimnys, they are accessories. Means the part number is in a JA11 Jimny catalog somewhere. I did find the part number for the JA71 Jimny mats, but they come in bright red even though they are identical otherwise.

This picture being out of a JA71 Jimny catalog, and happen to be the bright red ones that are in our JA71 Jimny. Identical to the gray and black ones in our JA11 in every way (including cut and shape) besides color and material. These red ones are available, right now, from Japan brand new for around $30 USD. I have to imagine, if I could find the part number for them, the gray and black JA11 ones would be as easy to get a set of brand new ones for. NOPE! I was mistaken.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Oct 2, 2018

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
The last number set is probably the same as the interior color code.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The gently caress happened to our forum name and thread titles :stare:

Adibetic, you found my stash of LSD, didn't you?

• Locked thread