Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

oh man some of you might be surprised to learn that indiana is still full of lovely people

https://www.essence.com/news/deborah-cantwell-racist-letter-black-child/
[/b]

Indiana is no longer unique in its terribleness as a bunch of Jewish people were massacred in Pennsylvania the other day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Indiana is no longer unique in its terribleness as a bunch of Jewish people were massacred in Pennsylvania the other day.

60+% of the states are garbage (the landlocked ones)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BraveUlysses posted:

60+% of the states are garbage (the landlocked ones)

Yeah i think you hit 6 instead of 9 there. Lots of coastal states are just as bad.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The two Carolindianas that should be one state, Georgindiana, Florindiana, Indianabama, and Louisindiana... that's not "Lots" really

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Rhyno posted:

Yeah i think you hit 6 instead of 9 there. Lots of coastal states are just as bad.

I've been to a lot of states and none of them have been as bad as Indiana.
However, I have not been to Florida.
I have been to Mississippi and Louisiana though.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Darchangel posted:

Yeah, getting those here, in TX, too, but for a particular candidate (Beto.)

I haven't gotten any calls or texts (on any of my 4 lines :laffo: - 2 Google Voice that are old #s I wanted to keep after moving, 2 actual phones). It may help that my 2 actual phone lines are via a T-Mobile business reseller, and not technically in my name. And the only # I ever give out to anyone I don't personally know is one of the GV #s.

Already voted, and always vote. I get a shitload of mailers though.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I am hip-deep in mailers right now.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

nm posted:

I've been to a lot of states and none of them have been as bad as Indiana.
However, I have not been to Florida.
I have been to Mississippi and Louisiana though.

Florida is not bad at all until you get into the inland redneck areas where nobody goes anyways.

I saw WAY more racism in Wisconsin where I grew up.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Everywhere is bad, some places are better. :v: The midwest is just alright as a whole but has shitheads like anywhere else. I wouldn't want to live anywhere coastal (Cali, Florida, Carolinas, etc) that I've been so far either. But they're all fine to visit. :shrug:

For those political texts I just reply "Stop" and then get an unsubscribe notification right away.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Florida is not bad at all until you get into the inland redneck areas where nobody goes anyways.

poo poo, I can't even begin to imagine my hometown in the 80s being viewed through a modern lens. Pennsyltucky is still a shithole, but thirty years ago it was a relative hellscape of every flavor of bigotry imaginable.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

It's almost like rednecks are racist!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Yay, may be layoffs coming despite solid 3rd quarter numbers and company stock jumping. :confuoot:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Capitalism... bad?

:thunk:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Suburban Dad posted:

Yay, may be layoffs coming despite solid 3rd quarter numbers and company stock jumping. :confuoot:

The shareholders deserve more returns! I mean, sure, they don't loving work for their money, but damnit, if you have to lose your job so they each make 1/2 a cent more...whelp, be glad you are making the rich richer.

gently caress capitalism, gently caress corporations, gently caress the rich. Or eat them. The whole system is a goddamn loving scam that is designed to exploit those of us who actually work for a living and contribute to society, rather than be some parasitic sack of poo poo rich gently caress.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

But, but... the rich drive the economy!
into the shitter

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tomarse posted:

Spent last night drinking beer and playing with molten metal and then got to sleep on a boat :)

We were pouring pewter into a silicon mould made from a 3D print I designed. Found that we had issues with some of the delicate bits. Made a very ad-hoc vibration table using a baking tray and an old orbital sander and it helped a lot to move the air out and fill it all in.

Now to make a better, and much smoother vibration table!

Oh, that gives me an idea for adding a vibrator to my media blaster. Orbital sanders are cheap, and I don't need "smoother".

edit: just got to figure out how to attach the little bugger.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

The Door Frame posted:

It's not .com anymore?

You have to use a mirror now, same with goatse. Truly a tragedy

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Suburban Dad posted:

Those six figure bonus checks for upper management aren't going to pay for themselves!

To be fair this is pretty much every state - get outside of major population centers and it rapidly turns into a redneck hellscape.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Rhyno posted:

I’d say even worse. There really are no middle of the road states. California is bat poo poo loving insane. There is no such thing as a middle ground here, it’s so far left it’s disgusting. Our answer to politics is everything needs to be a knee jerk reaction. I can’t wait for that caravan to arrive to see what kind of crazy poo poo is going to go down.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

keykey posted:

I’d say even worse. There really are no middle of the road states. California is bat poo poo loving insane. There is no such thing as a middle ground here, it’s so far left it’s disgusting. Our answer to politics is everything needs to be a knee jerk reaction. I can’t wait for that caravan to arrive to see what kind of crazy poo poo is going to go down.

just leave like all the other whiners who leave california for being "too liberal"

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

keykey posted:

Imagine actually believing this

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I was planning on taking my old 5DII to Vegas, but I got a silly idea.

I bought a dirt cheap, fully beat to poo poo 1DII on eBay with a 6 month warranty. I'm going to take that with a nifty fifty and just shoot the poo poo out of everything. No need to worry about banging up nice gear, since it's already thrashed.

I'm anxious to get a shutter count on it and see if it's over or under 500k actuations. :D

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Remember when California had a Republican governor for 8 years?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

The Door Frame posted:

Remember when California had a Republican governor for 8 years?

remember when california conservative shitheads passed prop 8 to ban gay marriage?

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Siochain posted:

The shareholders deserve more returns! I mean, sure, they don't loving work for their money, but damnit, if you have to lose your job so they each make 1/2 a cent more...whelp, be glad you are making the rich richer.

gently caress capitalism, gently caress corporations, gently caress the rich. Or eat them. The whole system is a goddamn loving scam that is designed to exploit those of us who actually work for a living and contribute to society, rather than be some parasitic sack of poo poo rich gently caress.

Since many of the shareholders probably are average people who invest their meager earnings to try to save for the future without getting hosed by lower than inflation interest on savings accounts, I'd wager that many shareholders work very hard for their money. I'm pretty happy about what capitalism has brought us in Sweden. (I get your point though).
On the other hand, US is pretty hosed up when it comes to the socioeconomic gaps though. People don't really get anything for all the hard work they put in, and only seem to keep getting more and more hosed by the American dream. I mean in Europe you might make a lot less and get taxed higher, but at least you get free(ish) healthcare, decent schools, free(ish) higher education and so on.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

MrOnBicycle posted:

People don't really get anything for all the hard work they put in, and only seem to keep getting more and more hosed by the American dream. I mean in Europe you might make a lot less and get taxed higher, but at least you get free(ish) healthcare, decent schools, free(ish) higher education and so on.

The American dream: pick 0/3.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

MrOnBicycle posted:

Since many of the shareholders probably are average people who invest their meager earnings to try to save for the future without getting hosed by lower than inflation interest on savings accounts, I'd wager that many shareholders work very hard for their money. I'm pretty happy about what capitalism has brought us in Sweden. (I get your point though).
On the other hand, US is pretty hosed up when it comes to the socioeconomic gaps though. People don't really get anything for all the hard work they put in, and only seem to keep getting more and more hosed by the American dream. I mean in Europe you might make a lot less and get taxed higher, but at least you get free(ish) healthcare, decent schools, free(ish) higher education and so on.

most shareholders are in the upper 10%, who are not part of the "average people" segment of the population

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

BraveUlysses posted:

most shareholders are in the upper 10%, who are not part of the "average people" segment of the population

Yeah, pretty much anyone who is a shareholder that's not is purely by accident - their 401(k) or IRA invests in a fund that has <company X> in the portfolio.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

BraveUlysses posted:

If that's the case in the US shits even more hosed up, or we are using different definitions of shareholders. I was under the impression that most americans did pension saving in 401ks and whatever they are called.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

MrOnBicycle posted:

If that's the case in the US shits even more hosed up, or we are using different definitions of shareholders. I was under the impression that most americans did pension saving in 401ks and whatever they are called.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL most people dont have pensions and most people who have a 401k available do not have much or any savings in them, because they're paid so little they cannot afford to invest in a 401k.

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

BraveUlysses posted:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL most people dont have pensions and most people who have a 401k available do not have much or any savings in them, because they're paid so little they cannot afford to invest in a 401k.

lol........................ I feel for you guys. :(

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

BraveUlysses posted:

And most of those are put into ETF's, so the people "buying the stocks" in their 401k aren't actually getting the shares

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I may drive 578 miles to see a band in New Orleans next weekend. Thoughts on where to go? What to do? I like beer and music nothing else. Well cars and girls but doubt that will be on the table.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

keykey posted:

Thanks, I needed a chuckle

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

everdave posted:

I may drive 578 miles to see a band in New Orleans next weekend. Thoughts on where to go? What to do? I like beer and music nothing else. Well cars and girls but doubt that will be on the table.

which band? need to know if we should make fun of you or not

too bad Preservation Hall Jazz Band isnt going to be in town while you're there, the fuckin rule

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

BraveUlysses posted:

which band? need to know if we should make fun of you or not

too bad Preservation Hall Jazz Band isnt going to be in town while you're there, the fuckin rule

Just a band no one has heard of here, but they played my town the day before I looked up tour dates. Microwave.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Ether Frenzy posted:

Thanks, I needed a chuckle

California is ridiculously far left, I'm not sure anyone but a radical leftist would think otherwise. And no, that's not a poke at you. Their leftist policies make national news for being leftist. The divide between the far-left of California and centrists-or-further-right is also something of a joke - remember the quickly-squashed effort to split the state into three; effectively because the non-far-left wanted to stop living under the tyrrany of the masses of leftists?

The Prong Song fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Oct 31, 2018

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

everdave posted:

Microwave.

We try not to talk about his mom. It might still be grounds for probation.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Somewhat Heroic posted:

We try not to talk about his mom. It might still be grounds for probation.

I’m out of the loop is that an old goon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

everdave posted:

New orleans is not a place where it's hard to find things to do. Just walk thru any open door where good music can be heard coming from

• Locked thread