Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is your opinion on Bowsette
This poll is closed.
Cool and good 84 0.02%
Thicc 465888 99.93%
Who? 21 0.00%
Weird as are the people that keep bringing this up 67 0.01%
Should be more muscular with green skin and red hair 74 0.02%
Hope she's announced for Smash 63 0.01%
Total: 466197 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Wildtortilla posted:

Everything I read about RDR2 sounds like it's: Tedious Unfun Systems The Game

Thankfully I have a good game (Dark Souls Switch) to play. Although it's making me want to buy a PS4 for BB. Hopefully there will be a good PS4 sale in a few weeks! Last year I came real close to getting one but opted for a Switch instead.

yeah seeing all those survival gauges lined up over the minimap is pretty yikes

can confirm bloodborne is worth it tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

are all you guys claiming to be waiting for red dead redemption on pc operating on some existing information that it'll get ported or are you just doing the thing like i do when i say i'll play bloodborne and zelda when they show up on steam, because last i checked they never bothered porting the first red dead redemption to pc and i don't see why they'd change that for the second

It's going to get ported because gtav made a ton of money and rockstar likes to delay ports in order to double dip because they're assholes.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Looper posted:

can confirm bloodborne is worth it tho

It's not really a survival mechanism it's just a hybrid between regenerating health + a medkit system. If you get hurt your health bar depletes and if it goes to 0 you die, but it regenerates if you stay out of fire. If you're taking advantage of this a lot in a short period of time (think getting shot half to death again and again in single battle) your health "core" starts to deplete and you have to eat food from your inventory to restore it . The other 2 bars work the same way just for stamina and your bullet time power -- if you overuse them and deplete them a ton you have to use resources to restore them, otherwise everything just naturally regenerates.

All the other stuff like taking baths is just for fun , there are crafting and cooking systems that let you make food or medicine that gives you temporary buffs like in Breath of the Wild but otherwise you're just free to eat one of the hundred cans of peaches you're carried around to restore health when needed. There are no inventory limits or forced eating/drinking sleeping or anything else that I would consider a tedious survival mechanic. There's some system tied to wearing weather-appropriate clothes in extreme environments that also seems just like BotW's but you can save like 5 custom outfits to switch between at any time so it's more just for flavor than anything and only seems to apply in 2 areas of the map

goferchan fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 31, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hall of ween

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

chumbler posted:

Hall of ween

Hella Ween

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
What candy did everyone buy to hand out to children, if any

I got some hershey caramel bars with pretzels and peanuts in them, but kids don't trick or treat much around here so most likely they're all for me

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bought a 5lb bag of Assorted Chocolate.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I'm playing Kirby's Adventure. It's good.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
In San Diego people hand out weed brownies and lollipops to adult trick or treaters

It's loving awesome

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Cold rain tonight... sorry kiddos :(

al-azad
May 28, 2009

goferchan posted:

It's not really a survival mechanism it's just a hybrid between regenerating health + a medkit system. If you get hurt your health bar depletes and if it goes to 0 you die, but it regenerates if you stay out of fire. If you're taking advantage of this a lot in a short period of time (think getting shot half to death again and again in single battle) your health "core" starts to deplete and you have to eat food from your inventory to restore it . The other 2 bars work the same way just for stamina and your bullet time power -- if you overuse them and deplete them a ton you have to use resources to restore them, otherwise everything just naturally regenerates.

All the other stuff like taking baths is just for fun , there are crafting and cooking systems that let you make food or medicine that gives you temporary buffs like in Breath of the Wild but otherwise you're just free to eat one of the hundred cans of peaches you're carried around to restore health when needed. There are no inventory limits or forced eating/drinking sleeping or anything else that I would consider a tedious survival mechanic. There's some system tied to wearing weather-appropriate clothes in extreme environments that also seems just like BotW's but you can save like 5 custom outfits to switch between at any time so it's more just for flavor than anything and only seems to apply in 2 areas of the map

Red Dead Redemption 2 confirmed to be a SaGa game.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

still working on it, but the intro to Delta Rune made be go "fuuuck" because I'm easily impressed

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

al-azad posted:

Red Dead Redemption 2 confirmed to be a SaGa game.

is the final boss some insurmountable rng monstrosity that you can either beat 5% fighting like normal or 95% of the time using cheese strats, or something

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

The White Dragon posted:

is the final boss some insurmountable rng monstrosity that you can either beat 5% fighting like normal or 95% of the time using cheese strats, or something

That's such a bullshit stupid complaint about the series

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

corn in the bible posted:

That's such a bullshit stupid complaint about the series

i mean, i've never met a saga game i couldn't beat, but it's always been an uphill battle. plus my perception of it is heavily colored by rs3, where that's actually true :v:

the cheese strat is to recruit zou and have him cast Dragon God so he has, what, 18 turns to kill the final boss after it activates death field

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Relax Or DIE posted:

I got some hershey caramel bars with pretzels and peanuts in them, but kids don't trick or treat much around here so most likely they're all for me

I'm at my mom's and she has Peanut M&Ms, Baby Ruth's, and Snickers.

I think she hates kids with Peanut allergies.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The White Dragon posted:

That only applies to like half the extant SaGa games tho

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the game may be nearly a decade old at this point but its getting a cartoon for amazon prime anyway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJm_mUVeVsc

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Red dead thoughts: the general gameplay is too cumbersome for me to want to explore that much on top of the huge travel time wasted going to and from missions.
The cutscenes and scripted sequences have been pretty good though. The lenny bar scene and micah rescue in chapter 2 were both cool.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Looper posted:

theres also a hidden weight gauge

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Sick speedrun strats ahead:

https://twitter.com/teajayylmao/status/1057506067071074309

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'd say that BethSoft needs to update their engine but they keep making a poo poo ton of money with not quite GameBryo so :shrug:.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1057418512468193281

thanks todd

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I keep thinking F76 is a 2019 game but apparently it's out in 2 weeks, welp

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 31, 2018

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yo

What was Oct’s GotM?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

RimWorld for me!

1.0 finally came out, and it’s quite a wonderful package. With the amount of mod support it’s gotten too, this is something that’ll last me a good long while.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Save Me Mr. Tako

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Yo

What was Oct’s GotM?

I spent most of the month playing Breath of the Wild in master mode so that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

Yo

What was Oct’s GotM?

The Missing and also GotY

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Yo

What was Oct’s GotM?

I found myself cooking more than playing games this month. Otherwise, CanofWorms Ancient Cave hack for FFV.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Yo

What was Oct’s GotM?
spintires: mudrunner: american wilds

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1057761876447117312

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I've already seen a dub of a Deltarune fan comic

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Don't worry if you miss this beta. The next one is on November 14.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Jay Rust posted:

RimWorld for me!

1.0 finally came out, and it’s quite a wonderful package. With the amount of mod support it’s gotten too, this is something that’ll last me a good long while.

This one of those games that I was putting off till it was out of ea and now that it's here I don't know how I'm gonna find the time to even learn how to play the dang thing.

Anyways gotm is a toss up between dq11 and mhgu for me

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Relax Or DIE posted:

A bag of 400 assorted fun-sized chocolate bars. There’s no no way we’re going to see that many kids, so each one gets a bunch.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
GotM is easily Dragon Quest XI, but maybe RDR2 would stand a chance if I had some real time to sink into it. I don’t yet mind the controls, although it does often feel like you’re a puppeteer instead of truly in control. It just asks for a more deliberate approach and makes you slow down. Not to say I haven’t wrestled with Arthur and gotten him killed a few times.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Aside from Spider-Man, October was kind of a dry spell for me. Played quite a bit of Warframe and Rise of the Tomb Raider and some Life Is Strange on the side, which at this point I might finish just as S2 is over.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

axelblaze posted:

I've already seen a dub of a Deltarune fan comic

i feel this is worth explicitly spelling out

we already have dub(s) of fan comics about a demo for a game that until some time yesterday may as well have not existed at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

fandom is a loving disease

• Locked thread