Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
One of the few noteworthy things John Nathan Turner said was that it's really hard writing for three companions. Even in a serial format with 100+ minute stories, there's not enough time, dialogue, or stuff to divvy up between all four of the main cast. I was worried about this from the announcement and it'll probably be fine but I'm not convinced it won't be a problem sooner than later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Weirdly specific opinion but I thought the episode was really good but the use of the "Rise Up" song was really a bit much. It felt very "X-Factor contestant gets through", inappropriate for the era (and playing it during the credits was weird), and I feel like "Rise Up" isn't quite the right thing to use lyrically for a person who sparked a revolution by sitting down.

Very good bold and effecting episode otherwise. Song just reminded me of being in school having James Blunt songs blasted at us for positive reinforcement.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

Whybird posted:

It's setting things up for the finale where we learn that it eventually struck Krasco's planet and destroyed it and he's been going through time trying to exact revenge.

I legitimately thought they were gonna reveal that the asteroid was the Rosa Parks Penal Colony and was so relieved/annoyed that it wasn't.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
Davison era people always said that writing for three companions was hard. You have to find things for everyone to do on top of creating characters native to the time/place of the story. And every episode the Doctor says "You lot, go find out xyz."

Either have less characters, or seperate them and put them in actual peril.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

BioEnchanted posted:

Jack would try to come on to someone, and both Donna and 12 would slap him with a cry of "TIME AND PLACE!"

Time and relative dimensions in place, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008
I'm gonna be very superficial and lame and say that building up to the reveal of the Dalek's casing and having it look like that was very underwhelming. It's one of the better Dalek stories of the new series but that's pretty damning.

Can we just have a story of three of the things being cunning pls

ed: also stop depicting them flying it looks awful