Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
I was thinking today about death to the daleks. Not a great serial, think pertwee might be bored my then. Yet it was the only one I owned on vhs for years growing up, so have a soft spot for it.

What I like (or remember liking - it’s been a while) is that the doctor shows he’s clever by solving the magical super alien pyramid rather than just doing a speech. That’s what I’d like . Not that I don’t like the grandiose speeches,...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
Haven’t felt the buzz of anticipation for new doctor who for ages. gently caress off countryfile.

(I actually quite like countryfile)

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009

SiKboy posted:

Just so we're clear, as soon as I see it on UK TV I can talk about it without spoiler tags, right? Its been a while...

Yeah . Once it’s aired it’s a free for all.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
Here we loving go!!

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
Acceptable braddles Walsh

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
Kid is going to finish the series winning the Tour de France. Calling it now

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
Why can I hear what’s going on over not Murray gold

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
Is the sonic building music gonna be her theme?

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
loving hell team . Move to the uk and pay the license fee. No adverts

E listenicense

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
Trophy teeth was ok, but felt like a Moffat tooth fairy gone wrong idea. Overall though loving ace. Apart from the weird actor roll call at the end. Weird

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
And it feels like a new show, maybe even more than when moff took over - down to the sound change. Think I need to digest. Loved it but need to go to the pub

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
Graces death? Didn’t think it was too harsh. Sets up Ryan’s budding relationship with his step grandfather. Bradley Walsh’s character came across as fairly competent after a start where you thought he was gonna be the Mickey of the group.

New music guy and sound levelling definitely on board with , not that I didn’t love a bit of Murray gold. Visuals I want to see more of. Can’t judge until we get the title sequence . Is that next ep or the one after?

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
Tooth face did feel like an underdeveloped Moffat tooth fairy monster to scare the kids.....

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
No Face. 3/10

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
Over the misty mountains, through mirkwood over the swamp of eternal stench blah blah blah.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
This is.... clumsy

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009

Ben Soosneb posted:

This is.... clumsy

Not in a terrible way though. Educate and entertain, just a bit on the nose.

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
Checkovs temporal time travel gun

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

So are we expecting the bad guy and his "this is where it all went wrong" ominous messages to be a fakeout and he's trying to save Rosa or something? Otherwise he just seems kind of... one-note.

Edit: Nevermind, guess he was just one-note

Maybe he’ll be a recurring but misunderstood racist villain?

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
All felt a bit ‘very special episode’ and awkward and clumsy. But not bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Soosneb
Jun 18, 2009
Spiders from metebelis 3?