Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

This new Doctor...they have a YORKSHIRE accent?!? The show has been ruined forever. Again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Hi yes hello I need something to listen to at work and the gym please recommend me your top tier big finish picks thanks

For working out? The Church and the Crown. The Fifth Doctor meets The Three Musketeers.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Spikeguy posted:

Needed a good cry so I just watched 10s regen, the ending of Heaven Sent, The ending of the Husbands of River Song and 12s regen. Feels good.

Sorry you needed a good cry however glad you feel better! :glomp:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Davros1 posted:

Speaking of ...

... while not a Who eps, Phillip Morris, the man who found "Web" and "Enemy" was on The One Show yesterday and announced he had recovered these:

The Morecambe and Wise Show - Series 1 Episode 5 TX: 30/09/1968
The Morecambe and Wise Show - Series 1 Episode 7 TX: 14/10/1968
Steptoe and Son - My Old Man's a Tory TX: 08/11/1965
The Basil Brush Show - Series 1 Episode 3 TX: 28/06/1968

He's also hinting that he has more

Morecambe and Wise? Maybe it's an episode where they finally pay Peter Cushing!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
"Oh for God's sake. Gallifrey stands."

STILL goose bumps.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
“I hate empty pockets!”

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Um...to me the new sonic looked like an alien phaser weapon from Star Trek.

I feel like making this comparison is the biggest fan betrayal of all. :ohdear:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Speaking of Eccleston in a round-about way, today I learned that Billie Piper has become a critically acclaimed and award winning stage actress.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Why am I drawing a blank as to who that is?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I admit, having Ten and Donna (and Wilf!) experiencing new adventures makes me feel like Big Finish is giving Moffat the finger for what he did to Donna during Journey's End.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I can’t believed I confused RTD and Moffat. It’s like thinking Colin Baker is Sylvester McCoy!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Tennant didn't either, unfortunately.

Yeah, he just has this...weird tic that his voice does, where he'll be talking and all of a sudden it goes really high and giggly for a second before coming back down. Is that the best way to describe it?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

The_Doctor posted:

Same, and I live here. Although I’m about to hop in the TARDIS and move to Berlin. :toot:

Oooooooooooooh, must be nice living in the UK and having a government-funded National TARDIS Service. Just TARDIS's sitting around everywhere, no waiting lists, just walk outside of your house, get inside, and next thing you know you're sitting on Argolis having a splendid time!

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Be glad it's not a Pittsburgh accent. Apparently we never use the words "to be" when describing an action.

"The laundry needs done."
"The car needs washed (warshed)."
"The baby needs vaccinated."
"Or not!"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rhyno posted:

10/11 are responsible for the show becoming the huger international monster that it has and of course we have to see idiots dressing like them IRL every day now.

Or idiots like me who have a picture of the Sixth Doctor at work, and someone who was in England during the 80's pointed to it and said "all the Doctors and HE'S who you have on your wall?"

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Best part, it's this picture. Have you ever seen a better "what fresh hell is this" face?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Venusian Aikido! :dance:

I smiled so hard at that moment.

That said, the theme, this episode, and the “new mystery of the Doctor” brought on by the evil towels made this feel a LOT like a McCoy episode. Like early McCoy - Paradise Towers mixed with Delta and the Bannermen.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I'm just gonna leave this one right here.

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/kamelion-returns-to-doctor-who

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

After The War posted:

And I'm surprised there was so much gun talk without anyone posting the definitive Doctor Who Gun Speech. This is probably the clearest it's been spelled out, but it's something that's been consistent. It's not that the Doctor is strictly anti-violence (although there is a fairly consistent set of principles in which it's considered acceptable), but they are anti-weapon. A weapon, as Seven says, has a single purpose. It takes the place of considered action, it's a substitute for thinking things through.

I didn't want this thought to get lost, because it perfectly sums up the "the Doctor kills people" argument (hell, it sums up the gun control argument pretty well to and this is coming from someone who is semi-pro-gun myself). It's always as a last resort after he/she's tried everything else. You pull out a gun, there's only two things you can do with it - threaten or harm. Even using a gun to solve a problem involves threatening or harming something/someone.*

*Exceptions happen - see the cliffhanger to The Time of Angels.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Cleretic posted:

So, like that time when there were three Popes?

I don't remember this character. Which serial are they from?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Hey guys, it’s midterm elections here in America, but I didn’t want to forget you guys across the pond with some results…

- Engelbert Humperdinck gains Barrow in Furness from Ann Haydon-Jones and her husband Pip.
- Arthur Negus has held Bristols. That's not a result, that's a bit of gossip.
- Mary Whitehouse taking Umbrage.
- Wales isn't swinging at all.

Sadly, I'm three episodes behind - due to the kiddo slacking off at school we grounded her by taking away all her electronics and TV, which included watching Doctor Who on Family Night. Thankfully she's ending the quarter today with straight A's, so we'll have FOUR episodes to watch this weekend.

Four episodes in one day. It'll be like watching a DVD from the Peter Davison era!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I’m very late to the party as my wife and I finally caught up on this season over a rainy weekend.

1 - we both love Jodie and Team TARDIS.

2 - there hasn’t been a clunker episode this season but no single episode stands out.

3 - and this is a personal observation...THAT loving SPIDER EPISODE. :cry: Seriously, I don’t know why but the spiders and cobwebs in that episode gave me the drat willies for the rest of the night.

4 - four decades after The Ark In Space, actual bubble wrap is truly deadly.