Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

After The War posted:

I believe (and I've used up all my pre-commute research time to find that Hartnell GIF, so I won't be able to source the quote) that he's said he prefers not to step into long-running roles and would rather play new characters that he's free to interpret on his own. If anyone can find it, I'll save it this time, I promise!

Sure, but with The Doctor you get to do just that! :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

So the big problem I had with Grace's death was that it was so clearly telegraphed by all the ads which show all three of the ongoing companions but didn't show her. As soon as she showed up with the other three I was like "Oh, she's gonna die to give everyone else motivation. How annoying." And sadly, I was proved right. I was hoping they'd go Rory's dad with her and have her be the one who stays home, but since she had the active personality and Graham the passive one, it became clear that she wasn't going to make it through, which undercut the emotion of the event for me.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

"You've redecorated...."

*looks around*

"I really like it!"

:allears:

I mean, she's kinda gotta say that, but really, the gloomy interior doesn't really suit her, at least as she's been acting so far. She's pretty much the upbeat happy Doctor thus far, this TARDIS fits more with the War Doctor or late era Seven, maaaaybe Eight or Lonely God Ten. Thirteen needs something a little more cheerful and brightly lit. :colbert: