Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Hey After the War, do I remember correctly that it was you that I sent a little Billy Hartnell comic along with your Secret Santa present (a Mark of the Rani novelisation, I think?) a few years back? This is maybe a long shot, but would you happen to still have (a scan or picture of) it lying around somewhere? I'm reorganising my files and it looks like I haven't kept a copy of it anywhere. I remember the image quality on it not being great (I think I made it with a cheap drawing tablet and not by hand), but it would be nice to have for archival purposes anyway. No worries though if you don't have it anymore!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

After The War posted:

I would never dream of throwing away such a treasure! I'll take it into work with me today, stage a major distraction during which I reunite a number of lost loved ones, settle some long-standing feuds, determine the origin of/battle the mystery items in the fridge, and when no one is looking... I'll use the scanner!

That's assuming I don't do it the Hartnell Way, of course!

Excellent, thank you!

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

After The War posted:

Here we go, time to celebrate the new thread with a Forktoss Classic!

I've also made a monstrous, high-res archival version you can grab here.

That's right... DOUBLE Hartnell action!

And so my archives are complete, thanks so much! You're a regular Philip Morris.

(And wow is it ever clear why I didn't use that tablet again!)

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Episode alright, companions good, Doctor

I hope the main villain of the season is Mr Big

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Wheat Loaf posted:

"Flip-Flop" makes pretty clever use of the audio format but the story itself has Some Problems.

It makes clever use of the physical double-disc format, but I'm not sure even that aspect of the story works that well in digital.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Finally caught up! This season's had a couple of kinda creaky episodes, and a couple pretty good ones, but Demons of the Punjab was the first legit Very Good Episode so far. I think I would have liked it that little bit more if they had just gone full-on straight historical, but at least the cenobite warthog aliens didn't really figure into the main plot itself. The whole TARDIS team is really gelling together and things are starting to click into place for me, and I'm feeling pretty confident about the second half of the season.

Also today I was supposed to find a birthday present for my sister at a local second-hand DVD shop, but instead picked up The Space Museum / The Chase box set for myself, which I'm pretty sure is the way she would have wanted it anyway

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Edward Mass posted:

I guess the lack of a returning villain so far this series is kind of getting me a bit chapped. Unless a Cyberman shows up out of nowhere, we're looking at the first time a new Doctor's first season goes by without a returning villain since 1970.

I think this might also be the first season without any returning characters (other than the Doctor) from previous seasons since... Key to Time, maybe?

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Cleretic posted:

What if the finale is against one recurring monster? I'm not sure which, because we've relatively recently had a Cyberman and Master finale and aren't too far out from Into the Dalek, but the way things are going, I feel like we're heading to a much smaller-scale finale, and pulling out a recurring monster at the last possible moment would be a good time to do it.

Maybe she will finally deal with that Yeti in the loo in Tooting Bec

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
This is hardly Who-related, but I just got word from my university that I've been accepted in their PhD programme! Perhaps one day I will be a doctor too. :eng101:

I assume the rainbow shirt and suspenders are issued after conferment