Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

https://twitter.com/jameelajamil/status/1047952595950743557
Of course Tahani would know the Doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

This preshow on bbc america is so bad

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Don't feel bad Ryan. I can't ride a bike either.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Oh damnit, they are doing commercials on BBC America

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Davros1 posted:

The theme with a trailer for this season's guest stars:

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/status/1049019070576779264

The last name revealed made me yell.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Stabbatical posted:

That was RTD though. Several times, Moffat wrote scenes that seemed to be rebukes of that plot point.

When I was rewatched season 4 it was shocking just how much RTD seemed to hate Donna, she got poo poo on more than any companion I can think of off the top of my head.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Muppetjedi posted:

RTD loves Donna, probably not to the extent he loves Rose, but he didn't hate her.

He probably doesn't even remember Martha though.

Donna had some great moments no doubt, but she always was the butt of some really mean-spirited jokes, it was weird.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Jodie's in the NYTimes crossword today, neat.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Elevator Screamer posted:

NuWho has done a really great job on this so far. From Eccleston onwards each regeneration has had a very distinct style, without the costume ever taking front stage.

Towards the end of his run I thought Eleven's outfit got a little too costumey

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The excruciatingly long game of charades was just my sort of stupid.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Watching this and tonight's Supergirl back to back was a real heavy dose of civil rights in my genre television. But, neither episode pooped on itself, so I call it a win.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

They went further than most do, and I thought the opening scene with the bus driver was a nice touch, although it happened 12 years prior to the event in actuality.
There was a title card that placed that scene in 1943.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Lunatic Sledge posted:

this episode's "imagine me with a couch" hit me as Eccleston--like, his "imagine me with no head" during his regeneration immediately sprung to mind, even if that's the only time he said it I can't remember any other Doctors using that phrasing

It was very Eleven, specifically his musings about having a job with a desk or being a curator.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I don't have a very good sense of the new control room because the show has spent practically no time at all in it. There's been what, three scenes total in the Tardis this season? I'm probably forgetting some.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

Fantastic episode, but the “What is that?” “SCIENCE!” almost made me pause the episode because I couldn’t stop laughing.

This was me but when the doctor was babbling about once being a man when they were getting the henna done.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Also, it once again made a really strong thematic double bill with Supergirl, which has been engrossed with similar themes this season.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah, I just wasn't in the mood for even a whiff of "actually Amazon is good" it was just too wishy-washy with the start of the episode.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah they lit it up far better than they did on the reveal and that helps, though I still am underwhelmed by it.

I still laugh when I think about 11 wandering about in the console one night inbetween distinct adventures with Clara and River and deciding,"I'll get the Kerblam! Man to bring me a new Fez!" and then complete forgetting about it for roughly 800 years.

He probably ordered it right after he rebooted the universe.

And they need to delete the pillars from the Tardis set, they just look plastic and fake.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

LividLiquid posted:

Best of the series and it wasn't close.

Demons of the Punjab was better, but I appreciated tonight's go for broke sci-fi silliness

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

This season was good with character stuff but the stories themselves were kinda just there. Though weren't people saying they didn't want long, season arcs anymore, more episode by episode stories?

The Monkey's Paw is terrible.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

TinTower posted:

Also, with mind control tentacles, Chibbers is truly a horny millennial at heart.
That scene with the Dales and the lady archaeologist in her house was a bit much for me tbh. Though I suppose it could've hollowed her out like in Asylum of the Daleks.

BioEnchanted posted:

Also the whole Dalek being home made just like the Doctor's screwdriver is a neat parallel.

That was a fantastic little callback that worked really well.

The title cards were very Killing Eve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

mycomancy posted:

Sorry, who was gay? Did I miss something?

The security guard