Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
It was a solid start, but the ending cheesed me off.

not the actual ending, but coming soon.

They showed off actors and honestly not an alien to be found.

They would have had me dead to rights if they would have slipped in somebody like "Strax" in with the rest of actors.

I think she did a better job than the 10th doctor in the simple fact she didn't sabotage the golden age of mankind.

The premise of the search for the tardis gives it a new spin and I seriously hope they don't return to modern United Kingdom for a bit. I want to see alien worlds dag nab it.

Obviously whoever wrote it has read the following webcomic

https://www.deviantart.com/bonjman/art/Lady-Doctor-One-Track-Mind-308138908

I absolutely loved the pocket references. :)

I know switching attire is customary, but I think she'd pulled off Capaldi's look better then what she went with, but again, we will see.

But yeah very much doctor who and I'm liking the supporting cast.

If they actually add some alien diversity (or hell, add f-9, a robotic cat to the cast), I think I will enjoy this immensely.

One last thing

One of these days I'd love to see a hunting human prey episode that ends with them playing battleship and abiding with the results. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

docbeard posted:

"Now I'll never know if I had the right ans-"

"YOU DIDN'T, LOSER"

Now kinda wish that was Donna. :p

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

navyjack posted:

Graham remains my favorite companion, maybe ever. He just rules.

In a perfect world, we'd have him and Wilf stuck on the Tardis at the same time trying to get home. :p

Cojawfee posted:

I think the spider thing was supposed to be spooky.

Also, this episode seems like the Doctor and crew being there had no effect. If they didn't show up, this episode would have ended the same way.

It's a pity that the third act of that episode fell apart hard, as it doesn't make an iota of sense, which really undermines the first two acts.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Pesky Splinter posted:

The crowded but friendly dynamic of the TARDIS crew is one of the issues, yeah. It worked with Barbara, Ian and Susan, because there was that conflict between themselves and the Doctor - with Susan being a go-between - which even when they resolved it there was still a different dynamic at work. It can work, they just need to rejig it a bit for the current crew.

As is it, Yaz is basically the Nyssa of the crew - she's present and useful, but basically given no focus because they don't really know what to do with her. Even more so when the focus has been primarily the relationship between Graham and Ryan over Grace's death - which she's distanced from. And even when the episode is supposed to focus on Yaz it tends to be about her family more than her.

I just hope in the next series they do something more with her. :shrug:

Unrelated, the Series 11 soundtrack is coming out the 11th of this month :toot:

The answer is simple.

Brings Yaz's mom next season. She's currently unemployed and she could use the change of pace. :p