Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Rahul Kohli for the next Doctor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Channeling C.Bakes in that top.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Only 10? poo poo, in 5 years the season are gonna be Luther length.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

Well I mean, it is the longest anybody has EVER had to wait for a new episode of Doctor Who, but every minute brings us closer, closer, closer!

I'm actually caught in a time loop right now so this actually is the longest anyone has ever had to wait for new Doctor Who.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jerusalem posted:

Well I mean, it is the longest anybody has EVER had to wait for a new episode of Doctor Who, but every minute brings us closer, closer, closer!

I'm actually caught in a time loop right now so this actually is the longest anyone has ever had to wait for new Doctor Who.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe it has an intro with one of the companions explaining the show.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was just splendid.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Do digital purchases of the show in any way effect ratings?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Donna is probably going to end up being my all time favorite companion. She's just the best.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

corn in the bible posted:

Clara goes back in time to make sure Adric absolutely cannot leave the doomed spaceship

There was an escape pod and Clara made sure the door was welded shut before the ship was ever launched.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I think it's probably notable that Big Finish has done a Donna/10 box set, a Rose/10 box set, and now they're doing... another Donna set, because nobody cares about Martha

no love 4 martha

Nobody likes the Rutans.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I need to ask again, does anyone know if digital sales of episodes are in any way counted towards viewing numbers for ratings?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bicyclops posted:

I'm not in the field or anything, but I'm pretty sure that they don't, but networks have to monitor those closely either way. I don't know that low Nielsen ratings but big numbers from stuff like Amazon or the Apple store hurt an individual show like they used to; they just make networks re-think the model for how they deliver content and negotiate who can carry it.

Hmmm.

I ask because I really want to help thwart that rear end in a top hat who's predicting a huge drop off in week two and I figure I could buy the show on every goddamned platform it was available on and quietly encourage others to do so as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TinTower posted:

Imagine a Doctor with a Geordie accent.

“Why aye, Davros, yer Daleks are gettin proper radgie, like”

Can we make this happen next please? Or let's have Jodie regen into Rose Tyler's form but she can only speak in full on chav.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Bringing this thread's discussion full circle, Thirteen regenerates into Billie Piper but she's doing her questionable Belfast accent from Penny Dreadful. :v:

You monster.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

After The War posted:

The perfect character to do that would have been the Brigadier. :sigh:

He did! When he met Seven he knew it was him straight away and it was wonderful!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BSam posted:

I'm pretty sure Brig also did so with Six in an audio.

Yeah but this was in the drat show! It's such a sweet scene too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WddEsKfMXkI

"I just can't let you out of my sight can I?"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nodosaur posted:

It's hilarious how in The Three Doctors the First Doctor is so respected he's what it takes to get Two and Three to work together, when later stuff makes it so the majority of his incarnations see him as their lovely teenager phase.

I seem to remember a theory that the Doctor aged mentally backwards in a way. Sort of like Mirth in the Mage comics.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vinylshadow posted:

Oh yes, truly, the pinnacle of maturity, that's exactly what I'd describe the Doctor as

It kind of tracks if you ignore Seven.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Hakkesshu posted:

No it's 11. I'm sorry, but bowties are not cool and are pretty much only worn by human refuse IRL.

10/11 are responsible for the show becoming the huger international monster that it has and of course we have to see idiots dressing like them IRL every day now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CobiWann posted:

Or idiots like me who have a picture of the Sixth Doctor at work, and someone who was in England during the 80's pointed to it and said "all the Doctors and HE'S who you have on your wall?"

You're not an idiot and I also have C.Bakes stuff in my office.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Attitude Indicator posted:

drat you David Tennant for bringing suits into the mainstream!

I was mostly referencing stupid brown trenchcoats that were trending a bit too much.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jodie is delightful in every single way. Absolutely.

But man do I not care fo the new TARDIS at all. It's just too much of a departure from what we've traditionally known.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I have been pretty outspoken about how much I love the 11/12 control room. It just felt right to me. Like a proper throwback to the early designs. The organic ones don't work for me and I hated 11's first design.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Astroman posted:

Let me tell you what happened in 1996...

I mean, I get how much people love that one and I do like it but it still had a ton of visual cues from the classic styling. The new one just feels EVIL.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
:in Dr Dinosaur voice:

CRYSTALS????

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Astroman posted:

No what I meant was how much different the 96 console room was from all previous versions.

Still has a recognizable control console with a time rotor. Hell if you look at the elevated area just around the console it almost looks like the Doctor just dropped the immediate walls. The new crystal design feels very wrong to me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Don't get me wrong guys, I loving love what Jodie's tossing around, she's just the best but her TARDIS is a a hard no for me.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Possibly yeah but I'm not really feeling the design overall.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Vinylshadow posted:

I like how in two episodes, the Thirteen's already used the Sonic more than Twelve did his entire run

<cough cough> sunglasses <COUGH>

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He had to push the bridge to activate them!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SiKboy posted:

He's tied with Catherine Tate in that league for me tbh.

Donna rules.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Evil Doctor is still a great concept that I'd love to see more of on screen. Like, just handwave it that since the Doctor got a whole new life cycle it spit out the Valeyard somewhere.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I started to love her about halfway through the season but I didn't realize how great she was until she was gone.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Remember when Martha decided, gently caress, this is way too crazy and this relationship is unhealthy and left for her own adventures and that's the only time in 14 years someone has done that

She was recalled by the Rutan Military.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What the heck is wrong with you, that's perfect.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Wait, are you guys saying Hurt was a surprise in the 50th?

Because he popped up in the previous episode when Clara was in the Doctor's time stream.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It was an alien cockroach that put that scenario into his mind, it wasnt the actual meta crisis doctor.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear scarecrow posted:

Time travelers vs. killer puppets? What is this, Legends of Tomorrow? :v:

Don't you make me choose!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was 100% better than expected and thank CHRIST they didn't fumble that ball. While I had a few issues I think the handling of racism was exceptionally well done. And drat, so well shot.

And also piss off everyone who says we can't refer to the actors by their first names!