Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

In on the ground floor, can't wait for the new season. My wife lost interest during the Capaldi years ("Is Steven Moffat depressed or something?"), but she's all in for the new direction.

I was watching some of the Clara eps during the marathon and had literally no memory of most of the episodes. I loved Capaldi but not the stories.

corn in the bible posted:

Season where the doctor regenerates every episode

It could be like when Romana burned through her regenerations like she was just trying on different outfits:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxnbP0ZV96A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Chokes McGee posted:

She did no such thing. She was using the residual energies to try new things and if the Doctor wasn’t Sigma and paid more attention at school s/he’d know how. :colbert:

Much like how the Tenth Doctor regrew his hand using residual energies. Your explanation is accepted and I retract my statement.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Feelings on the episode:

Mainly it felt like it was written as a two-parter and cut down to one.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

My main dig at the episode was that the Doctor didn't do anything to get the TARDIS back, it just showed up and wasn't integral to the plot whatsoever other than being the location of the end of the race. Just like the first episode this felt like a 2-parter that was cut down and they forgot to plug the holes.

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

McDragon posted:

Was a bit underwhelmed with the reason why the planet was messed up just being scientists made lots of nasty monsters but that's just a little nitpick.

I felt that at first but came around to it being just a little reveal to the season arc and we will learn more.