Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/oct/02/labor-to-force-companies-to-compare-ceos-pay-with-that-of-median-worker

I know they feel they can't go harder on this because murdoch will release the LABOR DESTROYING JOBS / POLITICS OF ENVY hounds (which they will loving do anyway) but seriously what the gently caress is this supposed to achieve as is.

"If you have a need and can explain that to investors, you'll be fine"

"Hi I've increased your dividends again by making the guys in the warehouse fight to the death over who gets to eat lunch that day, and my personal golf course needs the irrigation systems completely redone, give me millions of dollars please"

*approved*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

Pillbug
The LNP are probably reading that story this morning about some 79 year old dude who enslaved some teenager 40 years ago and kept him in a shed out the back and thinking "well if he didnt want to be enslaved he should have negotiated better conditions"

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
*kramers in to the room*

Did somebody say cocaine

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
What're ya?

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

hambeet posted:

oh wait here's my local liberal candidate.

sheesh

lol at the image name "RyanFarrow_hero.jpg"

Aaaaahahahahahahahaha

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
If they remake dune with drag selection capabilities i will loving pay for that and steamroll those harkonnen sons of bitches with my sonic tanks

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
You can get people throwing themselves at the chance to live in a shipping container in the middle of the loving desert working 10+ hour shifts in the heat for years on end, you just need to pay them like 100k+

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
I lived in a share house with a bunch of mates with a pool when we were young and monumentally stupid and our first quarterly bill was around $2800. Who knew you didnt need to run the pool filter 24/7, use a stepladder and the bathroom heat lamp to dry yourself because someone stole all the towels, or sit partially nude on the couch in 40 degree heat with the windows open and the A/C set to 16????

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Also the property owner decided to reduce costs by using bathroom wall tiles around the pool so the split second you entered the pool area you were at extreme risk of breaking your neck from slipping over

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

iajanus posted:

Wait that's not the right way to cool down in summer

gently caress

At least close the window you savage

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
That's the best list she can come up with?

http://crimestats.aic.gov.au/NDICP/ - 20% of all deaths in custody are aboriginal, despite making up 3ish% of the population.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
loving amazing anidav how did you end up with Gritty in your avatar

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Sandcoin

Coinpaper

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
No wait, Gritcoin

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
That Angus Taylor prick is a real loving piece of work.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

This is so good

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Turns out that old mate who kept telling you about a "hot tip" was actually referring to a radioactive waste dump

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Unrelated but you can now literally live in your own piss: https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2018/oct/25/liquid-gold-students-make-worlds-first-brick-out-of-human-urine

Whatever happened to ratbag craig

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

Schlesische posted:

Whoopsy, double post.

Most Australians care about those things, sure, but they're not high compared to "what's going to happen to my job", "what kind of schools are my kids going to go to" and "do I feel safe".
Hillary lost because Trump sold a narrative of US economic recovery in sectors it began abandoning in the 80s to a bunch of loving morons in swing states, while Hillary failed to provide a compelling narrative to bring her voters out beyond "you probably shouldn't let Trump win". As time has shown, she was right and he was lying, but that's all hindsight.

*A lot of this is hearsay and assumption, I am not an expert in either field.

Further to this, i think most australians are actually pretty ok with a certain level of corruption and brown paper bag economics. You want to buy a big harbourside mansion, or own a couple of maseratis, have your own private jet, spank millions up against the wall owning a sports team? Fuckin whatever. Just make sure there's enough left over so i have a realistic chance of owning the roof over my head, that i can get my kids a good education, that I'll be looked after when I'm sick without being sent into crippling debt slavery, that i earn enough to head down the pub and blow the froth off a couple without worrying about it.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
My name is bill shorten and i *checks notes* endorse this message

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
"Hi I'm the prime minister of australia, don't forget to click like and subscribe!!!!"

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug

These guys should talk to those south african people who made the pissbricks.

House 2039: Made of, and powered by, piss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

Pillbug
Please for the love of christ something happen this time

• Locked thread