Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Pretty sure guys is non gendered these days. Everyone says guys and I don't it's even a blip on the radar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's better than when people used to say dude and dudettes

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

*injects arm with auspol*

MY COMRADES

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

GoldStandardConure posted:

Ask any of your male (straight) friends if they gently caress guys and that will let you know if its gendered or not.

Come on mate, you know context changes the word completely. Its shortform and casual slang to address a group of people and sure it didn't used to be but its basically like non-english speaking countries still using "Hello" or "poo poo", "gently caress" ect.

They are short words that are fun to say in any country and the meaning is universally known. I can sit at a table full of Chinese people and short universal english words are thrown into spoken mandarin sentences by today's youth because short cool english words have cross cultural power - including across the microcultures between genders.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Wait let me summon some linguistics experts. One moment

*deep breath*

THE HEDGEHOG'S DILEMMA IS A LAZY PLOT DEVICE USED TO HIDE THE CARDBOARD PERSONALITY OF THE MAIN PROTAGONIST

MICHAEL BAY'S TRANSFORMERS IS REVOLUTIONARY IN THAT IT BROUGHT MECHA TO MAINSTREAM AUDIENCES AND REVIVED A PREVIOUSLY DEAD INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY FOR A NEW GENERATION OF CHILDREN.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I believe it was gendered until recently.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Calm down guys

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I would say Labor is more than small target given they have more policies than the government at the moment. Scomo doesn't even have an energy policy. Only action he's taken is to create drought squad and eat strawberries.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Keen for Bill Shorten to announce industry level bargaining during his victory speech while a dubstep remix of WE'RE COMING BACK plays in the background.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yeah but even the lowest effort ALP agenda is still miles better than the LNPs agenda at all effort levels.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Be honest here, how many of you think Scott Morrison will win the next election.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's amazing how much the Liberal Party can get away with regarding leadership turmoil in comparison to Labor.

I wonder why.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

drat you guys love guessing the worst timeline will continue.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I didn't know all these LNP spin doctors posted here.

Even if the LNP turn around their vote in QLD they still lose due to bleeding votes in NSW and VIC.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

*proud Liberal supporter wearing an "I forgive ScoMo" T-shirt kicks door open on election day*

"The economy is good."

*swing voters rabidly go into Howard battler mode*

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Amazing how quickly the Liberals "female issue" is yesterdays news

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

So I'm watching 7 News because I like to stay in touch with how things are getting reported. Some cop got hit by a stolen car and the news are reporting it as the work of "The Southside Gang" a gang I've never heard of before but is apparently stealing cars to hit police officers with and it cuts to Tim Mander giving some law and order speech and hmm this looks familiar *looks at Victoria* Do media buddies fabricate gangs these days? :tinfoil:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I google Southside Gang and all the results are from the Daily Mail reporting on some Brisbane gang for some reason.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

JBP posted:

Southside gang are white aren't they?

Looks like it from the one known photo used by all these news sour es sourcing the same daily mail article which is once again reporting on some Brisbane gang for some reason.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

yeah looks made up to me

This is it, this is what will make the LNP vote sky-rocket in inner Brisbane. A bunch of stock photos of teenagers and a police officer hit by a car.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It's weird how as soon as ScoMo gets a media honeymoon a criminal gang appears in the news.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

There is probably a direct correlation between gangs forming and the drive to get the LNP elected.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Alright boys we need to boot a Labor State Government from power. How do we do it?

I know lets get some photos of teens posing infront of money and say they are a criminal gang stealing luxury cars and running over police officers.

*2 weeks later*

Generic Liberal Opposition Leader: This government has a problem with law and order, furthermore ect ect ect.

- End L/NP Re-election flowchart -

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

It scares me how quickly they can transfer the gang issue to QLD. It's interesting, you get a cop mate to say a gang might exist and suddenly:

It's basically a free +2 boost in the polls.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Re: Max Brenner collapse

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Lion announced job cuts at the Milton XXXX Brewery, after the union protested the leaks of job cuts and outsourcing jobs to NSW and bringing in casual contracts. Then Lion got the FWC to stop union protests because the FWC ruled the union wasn't protesting in good faith.

Today Lion announces job cuts and I've read the Courier Mail comments section and they all blame the union for biting the hand that feeds them. :allears:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Smelt fart in elevator, pretty sure it's the Southside Gang. I was viably shaken and contacted my local LNP candidates. Thoughts and prayers

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Meanwhile the LNP campaign room has decided to portray Bill Shorten as a hunchbacked pickpocket.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Cpt Soban posted:

Union: "You're planning job cuts so workers have voted to protest in order to protect their jobs"

Lion: "HOW DARE YOU WE'RE TAKING YOU TO THE FWC"

Lion: "We're now planning job cuts"

News LTD readers: "I blame the Unions"

If anything, the business bit the workers first

And they will get away with it too.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

*Monocle explodes*

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Taking time off work to surf the web is time theft

ASK most employees what it means to steal from their employer and you’re likely to get answers that relate to taking home office stationery or fabricating work-related expenses.

But there’s another form of theft which is far more prevalent in our workplaces than we care to acknowledge or recognise, and it’s growing and impacting the bottom line of many organisations

Time theft that occurs when employees accept payment for time that they did not put into their work – and it is more easily executed by those with fixed paid hours as opposed to those in salaried positions who must perform the job regardless of the hours required.

It occurs in many different forms but it is one particular type that has thrust the concept in to the spotlight in recent times – using paid work time for online personal activities.

It might be ten minutes here or ten minutes there but over time and across multiple employees the loss can soon add up with time theft estimated to cost Australian organisations billions of dollars each year.

How often, for example have you spent time at work surfing online to get the best airfares for your summer vacation abroad?

Or perhaps you have been made aware of a sale at your favourite retailer but because of your work commitments you have embarked upon some online shopping during working time to secure a bargain?

Maybe it’s simply that you while away your work day chatting to your cyberfriends via your favourite social media sites or you find it more convenient to pay your bills online during the work day.

The bottom line is that if you do engage in these behaviours regularly then you are most probably committing time theft.

For many employees who engage in time theft, it does not stop at online surfing. Think also about the paid work time devoted to lengthy non-work related chats, extended breaks, late starts, or even early knock-offs.

Of course, most employers acknowledge and accept that many employees will devote a small amount of work time to attending to personal matters - and many employees, will make up the time by reducing their breaks or extending their work hours.

But the bottom line is that time theft through personal web surfing reduces productivity and employers are increasingly taking steps to curb their losses.

They recognise that the actions of an employee engaged in time theft can negatively impact on others when they see that that timeliness is not recognised and there are no consequences.

And when counterproductive behaviour is perceived as acceptable behaviour in the workplace, it spreads like a plague of locusts.

So next time you decide to play an online computer game during work time, perhaps rethink that move – you’ll be a winner in the eyes of your employer.

Professor Gary Martin is Chief Executive Officer, the Australian Institute of Management WA.

Chatting to co workers is theft.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

No wait No! You're stealing my TIME!
AaaaAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUGHHHHHHhhhhh

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I am a firm believer that immigration policy will shift into something good once they are in government. They are just playing me too at the moment so the Liberals have nothing to campaign about. The reason 2016 was almost a hung parliament was because Labor gave Turnbull nothing to campaign onand nothing to talk about. Bill Shorten is quite a carefully calculated operator, look what the ALP did with the Dutton leaks. They know how to cook a Tory government and I say let them cook a Tory government.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Schlesische posted:

Sauce.
Your.
Fucken.
Quotes.

It's me. :spergin:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

My post isn't that bad is it? I've always had some hope for it all. :eng99:

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Keep in mind when Labor undid some Howard era policy the media started running fake stories about refugees on Centrelink staying in 5 star hotels. This was before #fakenews so who knows what would happen if they tried again. It's not just the voters any immigration softening needs to be cautious of, it's the landscape of media assholes who aren't dying anytime soon or if they are they have a child heir who is just as bad. Even if the media landscape in Australia softened on immigration, the internet won't and social media won't. If anything the lies about boat people will only get worse due to how widespread social media is and how quickly news stories from patriotwatchaustralia.info tricks idiot ute driving swing voters. It's a really tough pickle. I don't know if the ALP can fix it but I hope they try.

Anidav fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 4, 2018

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

MysticalMachineGun posted:

We would honestly need a new breed of Labor ministers (snerk, laffo) or for the Greens to get power to clean out those camps.

Both are possible. It only took a clear out of Anna Bligh in Queensland to get an acceptable Labor Government after Campbell Newman and currently Queensland is in the middle of legalising abortion, something that wasn't previously thought possible under prior state governments. The LNP will always hear their master's voice in the IPA but when Labor gets a good clean out you would be surprised that the result is sometimes better rather than worse.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Don Dongington posted:

TBH The current Labor govt aren't really very good. Aren't they still hellbent on approving the Adani mine?

Granted, the Andrews govt. want to give tanks to cops and the McGowan govt also wants to give tanks to cops also is continuing Barnett's tactic of bleeding the public sector so it's not a great comparison, but at least they both pretend to care about the environment.

Arguably the most important issue at present.

No. The policy they have is Adani gets no state government funding. Made last election back when it seems like the project wouldn't get ahead without government funding.

As far as I can tell the project has been frozen since.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ReachTel 51-49 to the LNP in Wentworth.

LNP 40.6
ALP 19.5
Phelps 16.9
Heath 9.6
Greens 6.2

ReachTel is currently predicting Labor ahead of Phelps, 52% of Phelps supporters said decision to preference LNP ahead of Labor made them less likely to vote for her.

Sharma will need about two-thirds of Phelps’ voters to put him ahead of Labor to win.

• Locked thread