Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Henry Ford Was Right (about this one thing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Anidav posted:

I am a firm believer that immigration policy will shift into something good once they are in government. They are just playing me too at the moment so the Liberals have nothing to campaign about. The reason 2016 was almost a hung parliament was because Labor gave Turnbull nothing to campaign onand nothing to talk about. Bill Shorten is quite a carefully calculated operator, look what the ALP did with the Dutton leaks. They know how to cook a Tory government and I say let them cook a Tory government.

Sauce.
Your.
Fucken.
Quotes.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The Peccadillo posted:

Ah poo poo, the country with the prime minister who loves and adores and promises emulation of America has a Chinese government supported person angling for a seat I forgot the name of mid post

Hobart City Council.
It's a much of a muchness thing, the key thing here being Greens infighting over Wypipo "UR RACIST" vs "NUH UH, I AM NOT"

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if some Young Liberal annoyed Kitching and so she decided to join Labor out of spite.

Like how Joe Hockey was motivated because of someone in the USyd SRC wasn't nice enough to him when he wanted a free movie ticket.

Wasn't Abbott gunning for a Labor party ticket while at Uni until one of his mates convinced him that he'd have an easier time getting noticed in the much smaller and less radical Liberal group?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

hambeet posted:

i dont think that's meant to be a percentage tho, i think it's total readers.

So is it like "what percentage of readers trust what they're reading"?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

bowmore posted:

apparently Kochie made a slavery joke about Usain Bolt this morning

ITS A TRUE, PORT ADELAIDE TRADITION

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Korgan posted:

gently caress Sarina Russo is right, if any of you ever end up on the dole and get assigned to them, do whatever it takes to get reassigned or get your gp to give you medical exemptions. They're god awful and don't do poo poo to help you find actual work.

Echoing this, although they also never really put in any effort to see if I was meeting my requirements so there was that too.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Resident Idiot posted:

Literally the only good thing about Zed Seselja is that he's in the Senate and thus is even further from the leadership than he would be in the House.

The best thing about Zed Seselja is remembering that time he went for Chief Minister and got brutally owned because he's the face of an ACT Liberal party that can't stop moving further and further away from where ACT voters are.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Starshark posted:

Why the gently caress did she vote confidence in herself, surely she of all people must know how hosed she is. Further evidence of her incompetence.

She likes the benefits, she's not a name and she'll go back to being so far underground we'll forget she exists.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Nats are something like 40% NSW, 40% Qld with the other 20% from the rest of the country (mostly Vic).

The Queensland bloc would probably be more homogenous than the NSW or Vic blocs by virtue of the merger. The LNP members that choose to caucus as Nats are probably hard right and don't feel comfortable being in a party that thought Turnbull should be PM.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

drunkill posted:

"militant union marshmellow man" Kelly o'dwyer on bill shorten

What a zinger kelly.

Since moving to Melbourne I've had magical luck in only having the absolute worst in local MPs.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Anidav posted:

Interesting caricature of the Dave Sharma from The Australian.

So they're saying Sharma is driving the horse but having to carry Hewson and Turnbull's legacy?
Isn't it the other way around?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Zenithe posted:

Thirty job rejections. That's what, two weeks of Newstart obligations?

One and a half months.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Anidav posted:

I want a federal election so bad.

NSW is busy figuring out if it wants Tory or Tory lite while Victoria struggles with deciding to go for this weirdo with all these building plans or the guy who eats lobster with mafioso.
Until they decide, no fed for you.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

bandaid.friend posted:

why would anyone care they didnt get to see the scene of a kid being raped in south park: the bad computer game

So many levels of: what?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Lid posted:

Wasn't she forced to backflip on her Nordic model stuff or did she backflip again?

Her last backflip was when the VicLNP adopted the nordic model and she said she wouldn't back it.
It's pretty funny that it took the right wing adopting something in the name of "Protecting Are Children" for her to realise that maybe it wasn't a progressive approach to sex work.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

I think the simple fact that we have mandatory voting helps prevent any sort of far right radical government getting in.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Whoopsy, double post.

Count Chocula posted:

What alternatives do they offer? They torture refugees. They take money from the gambling lobby. They continue the drug war. It’s the same reason Hillary lost - the centre left party didn’t offer a real alternative.

Most Australians care about those things, sure, but they're not high compared to "what's going to happen to my job", "what kind of schools are my kids going to go to" and "do I feel safe".
Hillary lost because Trump sold a narrative of US economic recovery in sectors it began abandoning in the 80s to a bunch of loving morons in swing states, while Hillary failed to provide a compelling narrative to bring her voters out beyond "you probably shouldn't let Trump win". As time has shown, she was right and he was lying, but that's all hindsight.

*A lot of this is hearsay and assumption, I am not an expert in either field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Anidav posted:

No they have to be fair and balanced so they will ask Dutton one hard question and then cut to footage of Apex Gang members destroying a Volvo SUV.

If it was a Porsche Macan GTS they might convince Caulfield to vote even more Liberal than they already will. If it's just a Volvo then clearly "they just aren't the right kind of people".

• Locked thread