Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I remember getting yelled at by my grandma after American English became the lingua franca English for calling McDonald's chips fries when I was like seven

"arse"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The perfectly southern drawled "y'all" remains divine

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

[kicks down Kelsi Taylor's door] Y'all children blowin' Dane Cook or huwhat *spitoon*

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

wwwwwwwwwhat is up everyBODY it's hambeet here

Is Hambeet a clown who sucks?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Ah poo poo, the country with the prime minister who loves and adores and promises emulation of America has a Chinese government supported person angling for a seat I forgot the name of mid post

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Caleb after the Proactiv treatments.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

https://mobile.twitter.com/unionsaustralia/status/1050599615404290048

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Cartoon posted:

Since Twilight? Very very very much. Subtropical Goths are the funniest of them all. I ~work~ in a highschool is how I know. Team Edward here. Also there are actual adult people wearing Hogwarts gear. That's scary. But I guess if you were six or seven when it became a thing you are in your late twenties now so...
MLP is worse. I detect rambling.

I don't think twilight, harry potter or my little pony are particularly goth. I think you're just describing dweebs

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Oct 14, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Goth is like extremely important hair and eyeshadow and boots and queerness and whatever the new version of this poo poo is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKRJfIPiJGY

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheFeedSBS/status/1051767006632923136

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The swath of "I'm actually very dumb and have no idea what's happening, rather than a white supremacist" defences are wild

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Trapezium Dave posted:

https://twitter.com/primroseriordan/status/1051969380441944065

Great work campaigning for that by-election PM Sharks.

Uh, uh, isreal is... fair go, and true blue fair shake uh... mate?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Lid posted:

Prime Minister Zed Seselja

Because you've always wanted to vote for Exeggutor for PM.

Zed's so weird, he rules over the most progressive seat in the country as a dowdy horrible bitch

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

https://mobile.twitter.com/workmanalice/status/1052004414645448705

I remeber making some kangaroo some farmer friend shot and gave me and it being amazing, but every single time I've tried since I've turned it into rubber somehow. I don't know if he got a super tasty boy, or if I suck at cooking

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

gently caress me

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Missed opportunity for an insufferably long post callback

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Count Chocula posted:

I guess even our healthcare system isn’t perfect: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10...m&sf200571682=1

Yeah, it's a private/public partnership in which all the privateers and their lobbyists should be kicked to death

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Count Chocula posted:

Why’s the Australian government so strict on drugs anyway? We’ve got legal prostitution, legal gambling, and a ton of great stoner rock and punk bands. But there’s no talk of legalization, decriminalization, or pill testing.

Prisons are worthless if they're empty and cops are worthless if they don't fill 'em

And you can't be a tough on crime politician boy if it's not extremely illegal to just do drugs or be homeless

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 23, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Count Chocula posted:

https://www.counterfire.org/articles/opinion/19927-be-clear-tommy-robinson-is-a-violent-fascist-thug

This is the guy touring with Gavin McInnes. A British Nazi who’s actually been convicted of assault multiple times. Why the gently caress are we letting him in?

https://mobile.twitter.com/matttburke/status/1056660361099628544

Someone's gotta protect us from Soros' cronies

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

And in Gavin's case, the AGENDA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZRIClgypDg

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

hiddenmovement posted:

Australia is about to elect a center left government. We got our far right chickenpox out of the way with Tony Abbott.

Don't be too shocked if there is a massive slide to the left politically over the next few years. Brexit will fail, Trump may go to prison, and Duterte is my hot tip for dying in office.

Don't check any stories on Brazil for a while bud

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Related to great barrier reef talk, one of Bolsanario's plans is to sell off the Amazon for strip mining, so don't expect much of a finger wag from our government for the butchery to come, their resource industry buds are in a goddamned slobbering frenzy for the dude

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Oct 30, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

Personally I think it’s on the rest of the world to make maintaining the Amazon economically viable for Brazil :shrug:

A bunch of other nations have got rich clearing their forests, Brazil should have to support the rest of our dumb asses because of it?

What the gently caress are you talking about, one million indigenous people live in what's left of the amazon

You think any mining conglomerate is gonna make those people "rich"? Nevermind it's under the fuckin' Boy From Brazil who's already deadset promised to make Duterte look like Kevin Rudd

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Oct 30, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Solemn Sloth posted:

Precisely, we’re in a capitalist system, so if we want a country like Brazil to keep on keeping the rest of the planet afloat abatement wise we need to pay up.

Are you ... under the impression that the Amazon rainforest is going to be held for ransom like in a Moore era James Bond plot?

Is the problem that you think Brazil is way lower down on this list of world economies?

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Oct 30, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Count Chocula posted:

I used to openly call for the destruction of all nature on Earth and it’s replacement with cities, but now i’ve changed my mind and think nature is cool.

Wait, why? Did you live in the bush and fall in love with one of those The Real Main Character Is New York movies as a kid?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Wait, I thought with the big bee die off thing that started in like 2006 the conclusion was that we were probably wrong about how soaking their environments with a bunch of new-to-market pesticides would be fine

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The best Australian dollop episode is about the guy who they based crocodile dundee off, and ties in well with inadequate care for mental illness chat, because goddamn was that guy unwell

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

This seems contrary to what Morrison said about the magic of science starting with faith or whatever

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2018/oct/31/academics-will-have-to-pass-national-interest-test-for-public-funding-coalition-says

The Morrison government says academics who want to apply for research council funding will now have to explain how their proposed projects will “advance the national interest.”
He said the government will be providing $3bn in grants over the next four years, and the national interest test would “improve the public’s confidence” in why those grants are awarded

“The value of specific projects may be obvious to the academics who recommend which projects should receive funding but it is not always obvious to a non-academic,” Tehan said.

“If you’re asking the Australian taxpayer to fund your research you should be able to articulate how that research will advance the national interest.

Talk aboutcher political correctness on campus, drat

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Just a day after we were talking about bee death the dude who keeps a bunch of hives at my place just told me he has to murder one of them because it has "American Foulbrood", and the other hives, sensing weakness, will steal their honey and millions will die in a plague of Foulbrood

Bees are so loving cool

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Senor Tron posted:

My man.

I wrote that episode.

Oh poo poo! That was dope, did you do anything for this tour?

Also, haha, I skimmed over this bit in that Gaurdian article the first time I read it:

He also blocked $1m of early career awards announced in November 2017 including a $330,000 grant for research into legal secularism in Australia and $336,000 for a project titled “Soviet cinema in Hollywood before the blacklist”.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Joanna fuckin' rules

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

https://mobile.twitter.com/mattvbrady/status/1057375341704957952

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The Hon. Malcolm Turnbull: okay i'm mad now????? go off I guess

Three shitposter former prime ministers at once, and one sitting one

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Nov 1, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Also spot the tipoff that these old freaks can only clumsily articulate their culture war through scribbled notes taken from American media figures

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottMorrisonMP/status/1057423920830144513

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's that both Miranda Devine and Scott Morrison are from NSW where gender isn't recorded on driver's licences.

None of them do

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

poo poo, he fixed it already, what a smart appointment

just bring the prisons to the kids

https://mobile.twitter.com/9NewsAUS/status/1057583869048877056

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Nov 1, 2018

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

(no word on why)

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

You Am I posted:

I loving can't wait for these fuckwits to be voted out at the next election. Who the gently caress would think it is a good idea to use a Miranda Devine article to help you enforce a point?

Scomo as a character kind of begins and ends at some banal yet venal old dipshit who internalises Miranda articles

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

ewe2 posted:

Her bio reads like a corporate drone, referring to herself as a 'Catholic and a mother'. No normal person describes themselves like that.

It is kind of corporate, isn't it. Profficient in moral authority and family values, intermediate skills in PowerPoint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

JBP posted:

They're trying to radicalise people that bought tickets to the milquetoast show.

It's because everyone lost their minds and put him in the headlines last time, getting Coulter on board and selling the tickets, but now no media outlets give a poo poo, which, coupled with getting extremely fired from everywhere is Milo's kryptonite

And I can't imagine Coulter would stay attached to a CONTROVERSIAL FIREBRAND who no one talks about when the entire transaction was plainly to claw back some relevancy

• Locked thread