Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Good op rated 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Jonah Galtberg posted:

agreed, can y'all please stop saying 'folks' immediately

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I say folks when I'm referring to a large group, as I used to say "guys" which was an issue for obvious reasons.

i don't think i've ever said folks out loud except in 'old folks home'

i now say y'all instead of guys, or all y'all to address everyone.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Don Dongington posted:

Nthing folks as a useful substitute for 'guys'

Sorry that offends your fragile sensibilities Auspol, but I'm just not ready to walk into a room and say 'HEELO FELLOW HUMANS'

"hi all"

"hello"

*arms wid open* "MY PEOPLE"

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

It's better than when people used to say dude and dudettes

duds is the politically correct term afaik

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

peepsies

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Feeling targeted here.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Try and be smaller

*Crawls back into a bottle*

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Whitlam posted:

I don't, and for bonus points, I don't think Matty Guy will win either.

Not strongly enough to toxx over it, because Australians are still fundamentally a terrible people, but enough to put it in writing.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JBP posted:

Vic libs are actively courting as many happy clappers as they can get their hands on to try and transform the party into a republican style outfit funded by religion. The downside to this is that unlike the 60%+ population of Christians in the USA, Australian non-religious are thicker on the ground than Catholics or generic Christians which tells me they're digging a fine and permanent grave.

But they won't campaign on their religious ideals. they'll campaign on the same old poo poo, get elected eventually because opposition's don't win, incumbents lose, and they'll go and wind back abortion and safe schools and fracking and sell everything etc etc

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JBP posted:

They will when enough of them get into the party.

I feel there is a greater semblance of awareness here as to what does and does not win elections in Australia.

Like I'd love for you to right, but with a complicit media I wouldn't be putting money on it at this stage.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Whitlam posted:

Maybe at a federal level, but the Vic Libs don't really have a clue about anything. If they did, they wouldn't have had a one-term government last time, and wouldn't have put Matthew "lobster with a mobster, openly corrupt, sell off all the land in Victoria" Guy as Party leader.

Yep totally fair point, but people will eventually tire of dandrews and vote 'the other' and that'll be when poo poo goes down a four year hill.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

froglet posted:

Genuinely curious how high petrol prices have to be for people to drive less, if not stop entirely.

Company car, so never for me!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

You've got a threadful already.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Alternatively, that'd be an rear end move.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

If it tanks you'll have to liquidate your rear end sets

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

That can't be hygienic

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

They just took over the airport. I'm local so if you PayPal me $50 I'll tell them to leave you alone.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Cpt Soban posted:

And that is how you run a small business- Treat your employees as a TEAM MEMBER, and reward them for doing a good job. Not only is it easy as gently caress to do- You'll be reward in return. Even simple poo poo like "hey guys great work today here's (can of coke on a hot day, or a beer, or any small reward). Or even a THANKYOU goes a long way. Treat your staff as simply a cost figure on a sheet of paper- And you'll get a higher turnover rate of staff.

it's funny, because out of the lovely small business owners i've come across (not working for, just dealings with)

- some people go off into small business because they don't want to work for some rear end in a top hat, and in the process become an rear end in a top hat with zero insight
- some people just want to feel like they're important so start up a business to lord it over others
- others have decent intent, but don't know how to run a business and end up stressing and screwing down hard on their employees which becomes some sort of negative feedback loop

that's not an exhaustive list, but the first two i've come across a lot.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I pay my team to do a job. I have never once cared if they came in late or left early because they always get done what needs to be done. It works super well!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Wtf is happening in here

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Laserface posted:

Caleb bond is a hack

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

I want a new avatar so bad.

Don't they give IKs freebies anymore?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol your state's so poo poo.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

No drinking after 9 tho

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

what

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

that explains so much

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Still doesn't change his point.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bell jar posted:

COUNT CHOCULAAAAAAAAAAAA

Holy poo poo

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I liked the part in Pacific rim where it was implied part of Sydney was nuked.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

And shenanigans

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bell jar posted:

has kiegelsuhr kid ever logged on again

Lmao

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i quickly checked back on achives to find a post of his but gave up. man the old election toxxes were great. found the bottle water xmas meltdown.

also jbp promising to join the greens in five years (back in 2013) if the alp internal party mechanics didn't improve

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

but yeah KK never came back on that account (found a post)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anidav posted:

Now all we need is BCR and the whole gang will be back together

AMU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

well i joined up, so probably

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

JBP posted:

Link pls

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3520449&userid=124504&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post411563996

it wont let me quote directly from archives

quote:

There has already been a shift in the party. Basically what always happened was that the left was exclusive and dismissive, while the right said "yeah come to dinner! We love everyone!" This basically created a situation in which independent members would vote for right candidates because they felt a connection with them on a personal level, while they felt the left was aloof and elitist. Formally aligned factional ALP members number about 30% currently. Membership is actually starting to grow again with non-aligned independent branch members.

Just loving draw your own conclusions and if in 5 years I haven't got what I want I'll catch you at a Greens meeting.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also praise clive

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

there's some journos who could probably benefit from this policy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

• Locked thread