Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Jonah Galtberg posted:

just say 'people' idiot

peeps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Hello, cosmopolitan intellectual here to tell you why cosmopolitan intellectuals are bad and shouldn't be listened to.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Avocado Toast Meme - A Political Theory

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Joke is bad because he choose the best internet plan. Instead of dealing with his poo poo landline, he bought a mobile plan and blew through his data cap because he isn't paying for it.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Celebrating Australian cultural events such as The Ashes, Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras, and The Everest.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

QLD vs. NSW is a battle between bad people vs. bad politics.

edit:

hooman posted:

Can we split the poll into like separate categories,

Queensland has the worst people, but NSW has the worst politics. HOW DO I CHOOSE?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Anidav's first probe will be the person violating the sanctity of the straw poll.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Box of Bunnies posted:

As someone that lives in NSW, I've always been in favour of people dropping a space colony on us. I guess a nuke would be the next best thing.

i want to die too

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

snoremac posted:

I don’t like those plastic squeeze sauce bottles where the sauce hardens at the nozzle and you have to keep clearing it. Just wondering what happened to this country.

This isn't a problem if you have sauce with every meal.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

It's some bootstraps 'just world' bullshit.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Suggests that there is no science in the report, then complains about charts and tables.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

There's no such thing as bad publicity :downs:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

GoldStandardConure posted:

Two Birds is owned and opperated by women and have a beer called Taco Beer.

Unlike the bird, it is a bad beer.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

GoldStandardConure posted:

The CEC: build nuclear plants in the desert, "wetlands" are a fraud invented by Prince Philip, Darwin was a Nazi, lets go to space, solar panels are the new Reichstag

Sounds like a faction in Fallout: New Darwin.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Did the LNP only just figured out it was racist slogan after voting for it?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

What loving backdoor?

NZ to AU migration. You don't lose your reffo status after becoming a NZ citizen.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

If the liberals lose on Saturday there is going to be more leadership speculation isn’t there?

The media might run with it, but I can't imagine anyone in the Liberal party has the appetite for it.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Sad Wendigo posted:

Max Recruitment did me in over the six months I had to deal with them. Put them up against the same wall as Sarina Russo. It was only after I got a job myself that the say me down for an assessment. It was later that I realised they were trying to put me on a higher level of need so that they could get better government kickbacks for claiming they finally got me a job.

They're all bad by design. There is something patently wrong with a system that creates one of the richest people in Australia off unemployed people, who generally consider you more of a hindrance than a help.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

It's getting built by a consortium of NSW property developers, sold to Adani, and staffed by Serco.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

drunkill posted:

Canberra has a navy now...

Jervis Bay is a crime hotspot.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Somebody looked up knowledge on wikipedia and saw Plato's 'justified true belief' definition in the second paragraph.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

iajanus posted:

Maybe there was a nice warm rock in the sun nearby and they just surprised him.

He needs the spotlight.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

evilbastard posted:

So this was waiting for me when I sat down today : Melbourne IT have put out a press release about a Orbital Angular Momentum fibre optic cable chip that will revolutionize optics, including the NBN (somehow)

Why is Science reporting so bad? The article is basically saying they are using circularly polarised light in addition to vertical and horizontal polarisation. Instead they frame it as spin angular momentum that nobody is going to understand and don't even mention polarisation. It took me a minute with my half forgotten knowledge to understand what they were saying.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lid posted:

Deafheaven are too hipster as they combined black metal with shoegaze and post rock/post metal thus ruining the black metal purity and are far and away the most mainstream/popular black metal has ever been. They are also really loving good.

Metal fusion genres are universally good, while 'pure' metal genres are all trash.
Change my mind.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Where's Babymetal fit on this chart?

fusion genre = good

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lid posted:

Do post-metal or doom count as pure genres? Either way check out Planning for Burial, Russian Circles and King Woman

no, mebby. I joke, but I do think that good metal is heavily influenced by music outside of metal though. The type of 'metal in the style of metal' not only tends to sound all samey, but it lures in the chuds. Haven't heard of King Woman...

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Count Chocula posted:

Other things my housemate believes: The Egyptian pyramids were generators for Tesla energy.

This is true though.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

*Buys $500 earrings for a 6 month old*
I'm a real battler. When money's tight, I cancel my Netflix.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Weird that they stopped the boats and have been working hard to get kids off the island, but they're still there after five years.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Auspol can't meme

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Anidav posted:

Opinion: Facts of the Nauru asylum-seeker debate

Pezzullo is not some Coalition stooge. He worked for former Labor foreign minister Gareth Evans. He was also deputy chief of staff to then Labor opposition leader Kim Beazley.

... but here is Pezzullo’s recent evidence, noting it is an offence to mislead.

quote:

Management of conflict of interest
The Sydney Morning Herald reported that early in 2014 Pezzullo's brother, Fabio, escaped a criminal conviction after he confessed to lying to an inquiry investigating corruption at Sydney airport.

Fabio Pezzullo, a former Customs officer, was fined and placed on a two-year good behaviour bond for perjuring himself before a corruption watchdog. The 42-year-old was charged after an investigation over allegations he sold prescription drugs to fellow Sydney Airport Customs officers and lied to the Australian Commission for Law Enforcement Integrity. The commission was investigating several of his colleagues for drug importation and bribery. Despite being told verbally and in writing not to tell anyone of the summons, Fabio Pezzullo told his flatmate, a former Customs officer. Fabio Pezzullo's sentencing took place in June 2014.

While the case was underway Michael Pezzullo was fulfilling senior executive roles in Customs and Border Protection, but had disclosed the conflict to his Minister from the outset. In a note to staff regarding the case he was reported to have said: "from the outset, I asked and expected to be treated as a detached family member with no official rights, interests or powers in the matter." The communique also details the processes that were implemented to manage any real or perceived conflict of interest relating to the case.

'not a stooge'

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

hiddenmovement posted:

Trump may go to prison,

yeah, nah.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Anidav posted:

“The reality is that customers don’t really care who is answering their call, as long as it is answered quickly by someone who is capable of resolving their issue,’’ Mr Keenan said.

Ordinary Australians love talking to foreign call centre staff.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Solemn Sloth posted:

Adverse possession not having some kind of reasonable belief or good faith requirement continues to be bizarre to me.

The dude renovated it the year he found it. If the owners came back the next year, you can bet he wouldn't have handed it over without a fight.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

not wrong on the last post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Also, she's overthinking her shoplifting technique.

• Locked thread