Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Anidav posted:

Facebook keeps serving me ads for Victorian State Liberal MPs or Candidates for some reason, probably because the interns can't use the advertising tools properly.

Anyway holy poo poo they are all talking about black people. What a horrible state election you guys are about to have.

They probably put their bits on newscorpse and think you read and swallow that trash (little do they know you produce it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I don't know why everyone is falling all over themselves to clap him on the back for this when he was utterly silent (I assume, I don't follow the kid) throughout daddy's missteps. It's just a new variation on the Turnbull propaganda that pretends he isn't just as dirty as the other Liberals. I admit to falling for it too for a time. His time in leadership shows his only values were self interest and power.

Edit: Oh wait. I do know. The media is complicit. There is no 4th estate in the Australian media landscape unless you count the investment properties.

G-Spot Run fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Oct 14, 2018

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Possession is 9/10 of the law

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
All political parties have their gently caress ups, just as with any other group. The big difference IMO is when the majors (established status quo) gently caress up everyone sits on their hands as long as the media cycle allows them to, nothing happens most of the time, the public shrugs and blames the machinations of politics rather than the individuals or parties involved.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Don Dongington posted:

I really don't get the way that all Sydney residents seem to have this massive blindspot in that they honestly believe that promoting racial stereotypes of Lebanese-Australians isn't racist.

Like those skits were hugely offensive.

I'm not going to trawl YouTube to check and this claim might have been about another criticism levelled at him, but I think he said it's okay because he's Croatian heritage (possibly another ethnic group from same region, I suck at Geography and History, the gist was I Am Persecuted)

ETA not a defence, not condoning, just adding to the why he thinks it's okay discussion

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I mean, I'd have more faith in the metadata retention being used to identify the sender if it wasn't for the AFP just days ago (yesterday?) running raids on Dutton leakers, of all things.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
NAPLAN is a mediocre tool for apples being used as a genuine metric for oranges.

Schools can try to use the data in positive ways, e.g. comparing a cohort's percentile position from test to test to see if they are remaining steady, going down (oh poo poo maybe we're doing something wrong), or going up (our teaching practices are working). It's kinda like those height-weight charts for kids that are hopefully highlighting on a metric issues like failure to thrive or obesity/nutrition education for the family, but they can also be thrown off by very natural and non-relevant things like timing of a growth spurt and have to be taken in consideration with all other info.

Using the same-year percentiles for school-vs-school comparison is pointless as it's mostly just going to confirm socioeconomic states than anything about the quality of schooling.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
If only there was some kind of universal but basic means of income so parents didn't have to put their kids in ft long day care unless they really wanted or had a centre that met their desired length of educational outcomes.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
If only wage growth and cost of living was at the levels older generations enjoyed where you could have one stay at home parent and still afford to live. Oh well nothing we can do, let's poo poo on the parents

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Oh well. If you *~can't afford it~* maybe you should consider just not having kids?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Sauce your fuckin quotes

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
They got distinctly shittier the day the Murdoch paywall went up. I reckon they saw a gap in the market and went for it.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I don't know what you intended by minor parties exactly but that sounds like the kind of poo poo my Grandma used to 'caution' me with when I said I vote Greens.

Fwiw Greens said they will work with an Andrews' government

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Count Chocula posted:

I am very protective of women and children.

*court appellants and other exclusions apply

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I'll make the November thread when I get time today. Internet at home went down. I do have a Vic theme idea.

• Locked thread