Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The Iron Fist/Elektra fight was really good. First page starts at like sixteen panels, and halves on each consecutive page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

omg chael crash posted:

So I just finished the Fraction/Brubaker/Duane Immortal Iron Fist stuff � are there any other good, modern-ish Iron Fist runs I should look into?

Power Man and Iron Fist was a neat series. Although it's not the Power Man you're thinking of.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
Kaare Andrews did a run on Iron Fist. I really really really hesitate to recommend it (and I generally really like Andrews) but it did have decent art.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

An odd question but I'm not sure where else to ask about it:

When I was way younger I had a series of 3 Marvel-based books. They were all Cosmic Cube stories and formed a trilogy, one where Doom had the Cube, one where Magneto did and one where Red Skull did. I think it was primarily X-Men based. Does anyone happen to know what this was and if it's available in print anywhere?

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I just finished watching Sorry To Bother You and, friends, you need to watch this weird, wonderful movie. The previews do not prepare you for what you are going to see. Comic book adjacent: Tessa Thompson is in it!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You know who has one of the low-key weirdest "origins" in comics? It's Alfred Pennyworth. Because his backstory is that he was in the SAS (I've no idea where he would have been; probably the Falklands or Northern Ireland at this rate) and then he went on to follow his dream to become a stage actor, but then he was called to his dying father's bedside, who charged him with a solemn duty: "We Pennyworths have always been butlers! With my dying breath, I beg you to go to America and find some rich geezer and become his butler!" and his reaction was, "I will, father!" instead of the more reasonable, "But I don't want to be a butler!" or "But you need years of training to be a butler!" or "But I was supposed to play King Lear tomorrow!"

Agent_grey
Jan 8, 2007

Scrub-a-Dub-Dub!
That is kinda wild, you'd think maybe it'd at least go the cliche of owing Thomas Wayne a life debt.

Somewhere there is a scoreboard in Alfred's room that reads 'times I've saved Bruce/times Bruce saved me' and the moment it's even he'll announce

"The curse is lifted, I'm free."
Before walking into the Sunset.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That was basically Gotham's explanation. Alfred was a soldier and after he got out turned to drinking his problems away but Thomas Wayne saved his life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
LoL, imma buy a house.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I'm getting laser eye surgery so I don't have to scrounge around for glasses in the post-apocalypse.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

LoL, imma buy a house.

Nice! We're closing on our house on Monday.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

ImpAtom posted:

An odd question but I'm not sure where else to ask about it:

When I was way younger I had a series of 3 Marvel-based books. They were all Cosmic Cube stories and formed a trilogy, one where Doom had the Cube, one where Magneto did and one where Red Skull did. I think it was primarily X-Men based. Does anyone happen to know what this was and if it's available in print anywhere?

I do. I had two of those books. When I get home, I’ll tell you the name of the books plus the author.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

LoL, imma buy a house.

Stop being an adult, Rhyno. It's freaking me out

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rhyno posted:

LoL, imma buy a house.

Welcome to the bourgeoisie.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Which Batman villain do I need to contact to make the city council pay for this travesty.

https://twitter.com/CBS6/status/1049865965524135936

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Which Batman villain do I need to contact to make the city council pay for this travesty.

Wouldn't ordinary vandalism and trespassing laws cover kids smashing jack o' lanterns?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You would think so, but it's VA, so they are just coming up with new and innovative ways to oppress minorities.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Endless Mike posted:

You would think so, but it's VA, so they are just coming up with new and innovative ways to oppress minorities.

yeah, this is just so that they have an excuse to call the cops on kids who don't "look" like they belong there.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

"Selective enforcement" is a dead giveaway.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
FALSE ALARM.

Too many issues with the structure that I noted on the walk through that were undisclosed and a few of the issues looked like they attempted to hide them.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
aww come on, you could be the next groverhaus

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I'm now just worried that Rhyno is my bizarro or something, wife and I have been condo pricing. (You ain't getting a house on our salaries in Cali.)

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y-GuUNkxxg

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rhyno posted:

FALSE ALARM.

Too many issues with the structure that I noted on the walk through that were undisclosed and a few of the issues looked like they attempted to hide them.

Whatever place you do end up getting just make sure there is a lawn so you can shout at kids to get off it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whatever place you do end up getting just make sure it's a victorian mansion that you immediately let slide into disrepair, and put a clause in your will that no one can receive your inheritance unless they spend a night locked inside.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

Whatever place you do end up getting just make sure there is a lawn so you can shout at kids to get off it.

Good plan.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I think Rhyno's house would have a secret room like a horror movie but it is filled with shelves and shelves of Avengers #200

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Samuringa posted:

I think Rhyno's house would have a secret room like a horror movie but it is filled with shelves and shelves of Avengers #200

Multiple copies of Onslaught Reborn and personal letters from John Byrne.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
oh, the phantasmagoria house

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
They are filming Deadly Class at my comic shop this week, so if you see Deadly Class next year, and you notice an ugly yellow comic shop, know that that is my LCBS.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

site posted:

oh, the phantasmagoria house

Hey, you could have least dusted the cobwebs off that reference before you used it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

Multiple copies of Onslaught Reborn and personal letters from John Byrne.

That supply sadly dried up yeeeears ago which is why I bowed out of BSSSS.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I think it would make a good Jigsaw trap, you have to enter a password to leave the room and each word is highlighted in one issue so you gotta keep reading them and paying attention to everything so you can spot the code.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I'm re-reading some of Chris Sims's old X-Men Episode Guides from Comics Alliance and just realised these are all five years old. How can this be? I remember reading them when they were new!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Wheat Loaf posted:

I'm re-reading some of Chris Sims's old X-Men Episode Guides from Comics Alliance and just realised these are all five years old. How can this be? I remember reading them when they were new!

Oh man, let me tell you about the fickle mistress known as Time and her partner in crime, Nostalgia...

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RevKrule posted:

Oh man, let me tell you about the fickle mistress known as Time and her partner in crime, Nostalgia...

I still think they're funny. :shrug:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Wheat Loaf posted:

I still think they're funny. :shrug:

The Arkon episodes are the best because that's when he quotes me.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
It's kind of impressive in retrospect how many deep cuts the X-Men animated series went for.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Wheat Loaf posted:

Link? That sounds like fun reading, if it's about the animated series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

It's kind of impressive in retrospect how many deep cuts the X-Men animated series went for.

As someone who grew up watching it, that's part of why I wasn't so impressed with the films or X-men Evolution. "When are the Shi'ar showing up?"

• Locked thread