Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
WTF there’s a season 3? Season 2 ended it nearish the book. Not sure where this has left to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Is anyone else wondering what else did Hitler see on the films that scared him enough to stop him from going for full victory and worldwide genocide?

I would imagine it must have something pretty incredible for him to hold back and even be killed for it.

I’m wondering if there are more films we haven’t seen. I’m starting to think Hitler knew it could be possible for other universes where the Nazis lost to attack the universe in the show. The man in the high castle is from a universe working on doing so. This is my guess for what’s in store for the end.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
The book or the show never cover the full details of WW2 just that FDR was assassinated and the US was in bad shape as a result.

In reality even if the US had stayed out of WW2. Germany was not going to win that war even if they attacked the soviets earlier and weren't bogged down in the snow after the initial attack. Even if Germany could have taken Moscow the war wouldn't have ended. It would have still become a war of attrition and Germany would have lost just like they did in reality.

I'm guessing in the book\show reality the Germans develop the bomb much sooner then even the US did and are able to wipe out the soviets with it and then use it to take the US.

So in answer to that question about Russia. It's no doubt a nuclear wasteland and the rest of population would have been killed off or worked to death in labor camps.

The ending of the show would have been fine if they cut out the last five minutes of it with the stupid portal. The portal should have collapsed instead for the end.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I like how Smith had enough of a power base to walk into the lion's den and stage a successful coup, but was somehow completely powerless to not set up new American death camps. It really made that reveal about Danny and the guilt Smith carried be a huge waste of everyone's time.

Smith was never a true believer. think the point if you watch how he started out as Nazi is to show that anyone could become Smith (hence the generic john smith name). In order to survive Smith was so stuck in the "just following orders" mindset to escape his responsibility. All he could do was carry out the plans even when he finally became leader and could stop it he was too too risk averse to stop it. Thomas was the only exception to this. He was a broken person and once his family was gone he was done.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
Roosevelt wanted to declare war much earlier it took pearl harbor for it to happen. The US has always been closely aligned to the UK.

To change that in alternate history maybe the UK becomes communist and the US goes to war with commie UK and allies with the Nazis.

It would be a great show idea because America would be fighting side by side with the the Nazis. You want to cheer for the “good guys” but the good guys are america and nazis...’ Compared to the soviet union and Stalin who killed more people than hitler. Who does the audience root for?