Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
Frank will never die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Hasselblad posted:

Is anyone having issues hearing the dialogue clearly? Dunno if it is our TV, Roku, or streaming in general. Maybe my hearing is gong. Most dialogue to me is coming across garbled mushmouth mumbling to whispering.

I'm having to put subs on to get everything, was it intended for 5.1 surround or something

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Finished, it was good, probably the best season so far. But man it felt short and like we're missing another half. I'm surprised at how much of the trailers had stuff from the last episode in it, it fooled me into thinking more would happen. Next season should be great though and hopefully not take 2 years. I'm guessing the opening scene of the season will be near the end of s4.

The marketing team also over-hyped that Lebensborn symbol far too much, it's pretty silly looking back.

Thom12255 fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Oct 6, 2018

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

hellocruelworld posted:

I bailed on this midway through Season 1 because as much as I love the concept, I hated the writing and characters a lot that I just couldn't take it. Also some of the directing was really bad as well. The whole thing just felt more like a soap opera than an alt-reality sci fi show. Really wanted to like the show too. Did this show improve significantly and when? Is there a point where I can skip over some eps and can watch it confidently without missing much/

I thought s2 pacing was a big improvement and s3 ups that again. Just plow through s1 or watch a recap video on their youtube channel.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
I don't think the Nurse appearing had anything to do with Smith, he was surprised at it too. I suspect Himmler arranged it or it was really a mistake.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

qirex posted:

I watched the S4 trailer, they’re really going to have the Nazis lose, aren’t they? It’s a good thing PKD is dead because otherwise this would have made him crazier.

Of course, Glorious Nippon wins in the end.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
I very much enjoy watching this mediocre show tbh.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

hailthefish posted:

This final season felt very rushed, especially the ending, but overall I quite enjoyed watching it.

I'd rather have a rushed season than the incredibly slow S1. I'm on Eps 2 and enjoying it more than the previous 3 seasons.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
Finished it. Last 2 minutes were weird.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

beanieson posted:

Just finished episode 3 and i really enjoyed the Inglorious Basterds vibes from the assassination plot.

All the black communists should have been around way sooner.

The reddit discussions have all centered about the BCR being so dumb and the writers just being 'woke' as the show already had the Resistance that they could've done this plot with - forgetting that the Resistance was incredibly boring for 3 seasons and the BCR is instantly more fun to watch.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013

Sekenr posted:

Not sure I understood the ending. Even if all the dead came back to life they are literally in the nazi reich now, so - well done? And the bombers are still enroute to attack the west coast.

Bombers were called off and the new guy in charged tore off his Nazi poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
I don't believe they were expecting this to be the final season, hence the crazy rush to the end. It seems they always were going to end the show with an assault on the portal but I don't think what we got was what was originally intended.