Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Starting off with two first time watches for me. Excellent. I'm in a position to throw in regularly to the pizza raffle too.

Let's do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Oh poo poo, Ernest Scared Stupid was direct to video, I just realized that.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Basebf555 posted:

Oh poo poo, Ernest Scared Stupid was direct to video, I just realized that.

It was released in theaters. I remember watching it at a Drive-In when I was a kid.

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

When it's that time of year again already

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jose Oquendo posted:

It was released in theaters. I remember watching it at a Drive-In when I was a kid.

I saw that on a midweek evening with my sister, and we were the only people in the theater. An usher came and scared the crap out of us once.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
drat I was excited there for a minute. Oh well, looking forward to Dagon!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

lmao at this every time

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Yessssss

:killing:

It's tiiiiiiime

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Haven't seen Demonic Toys but I did see Dollman vs Demonic Toys and that movie's just a clip show for the franchises it ties together. (I really hope you aren't planning on playing that one this year)

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
drat you Lurdiak, you and your pizza secrets, now I can't donate tonight since I'm working!

PIZZA SECRETS

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
As much as I dislike Full Moon in-general and don't really "get" their appeal, Demonic Toys is pretty amusing for what it is. Me, I just want someone to either cut together Demonic Toys and Toys (they came out the same year!) or else just add the soundtrack for Toys to Demonic Toys.

Hoo ha... hoo-ha!

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Oops, almost forgot, went back and added some content advisory information for both films. Last year there was a very unfortunate incident where a viewer saw something on the very first Scream Stream night that vividly reminded them of a personal trauma, and this pretty much wrecked their October. I'm making an effort to avoid a repeat of that this year.

What were the movies?

tonberrykng
May 1, 2009
Thanks Lurd for again hosting this wonderful event. This is my third Scream Stream so far (@sergiepoo), and every year I'm amazed at what great films you unearth that end up being a great time, especially with online buddies. This year's theme is sure to produce a lot of surprises. Hopefully there are some real gems in the works.

tonberrykng fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 5, 2018

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

tonberrykng posted:

Thanks Lurd for again hosting this wonderful event. This is my third Scream Stream so far (@sergiepoo), and every year I'm amazed at what great films you unearth that end up being a great time, especially with online buddies.

Every good movie is better with others to share the joy. Every bad movie is better with others to share the pain.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh man I was looking forward to staying up for the opening with Dagon but it's actually 2:30 local time so I think I'm going to pass unfortunately. Pretty sure I somehow managed to watch a movie last year an hour earlier, maybe due to some sort of daylight saving fuckery. Oh well.

tonberrykng
May 1, 2009

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Every good movie is better with others to share the joy. Every bad movie is better with others to share the pain.
Quoted for posterity. Let's see which side of the spectrum we land this year. :D

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lurdiak posted:

SCREAM STREAM INAUGURAL NIGHT

This Friday's features, beginning at 8:30 EST are...

Dagon

(Rated R for strong violence/gore, sexuality/nudity and language) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

and...

Demonic Toys
(Rated R for fantasy/horror violence and language) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

We'll also be playing...

Mystery Bonus Features

This is also your chance to tune in and win...

Be there!

Please do!

Welcome! One of us, one of us!

We are Live in 30!

Come join the discord!

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Oct 6, 2018

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

https://i.imgur.com/qDjTyqQ.gifv

:eyepop:

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
great opening night!

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Dagon has been on my to-do list for a while; watching it last night while everyone cracked wise was a lot of fun!

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I tried to stick around but fell asleep I think even before the opening credits ended. I've never heard of this movie before but it's now on my list for the October challenge.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Dagon was a lot better than I expected even considering it's a 2001 release that looks like it's from 1993. The lady who played the mermaid person was very striking and probably worth the time spent on the movie for me

e: Demonic Toys was pretty much as good/bad as I expected and I've already forgotten lots about it including its name as I was writing this post, hence the edit. The things I remember are pretty loopy ideas and all but meh

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

A lot of horror movies start out very strong but then lose steam rapidly and have no idea how to do a proper ending. Dagon is unusual in doing the exact opposite, where the beginning kinda sucks but it keeps getting better and the ending is actually pretty daring and great. It’s still not a great movie but I went from joke watching to seriously digging it but the time it wrapped.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
I missed Dagon but made it for Demonic Toys, unfortunately I fell asleep before the end but I’m going to finish it today.

I’m sure I’ll say it a dozen more times this month, but thanks so much for the stream Lurd.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Tonight's features, beginning at 8:30 EST are...

Murder Party

(Not rated, pretty violent) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

and...

The Video Dead

(Rated R for scenes of violence) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

Followed by...

Tales from the Cryptkeeper

and finally...

Freddy's Nightmares

Be sure to tune in to find out who won the...

Be there!

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Murder Party is overall good, especially for this year's stream theme.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Rad. Murder Party is a great movie. Video Dead isn't what I'd call "great", but it's so weird for a zombie movie that it has to be seen. Also, the aftershow material has me just as excited!

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Ah man now I'm kinda mad that I just watched Murder Party.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Murder Party

(Not rated, pretty violent) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

and...

The Video Dead

(Rated R for scenes of violence) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

Followed by...

and finally...

Freddy's Nightmares

Be sure to tune in to find out who won the...

Be there!

Live in 30!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

If you're wondering what's going on, we're at cytube now.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dog count:
1 dead
1 freaking out on crank

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
Good film choices, I'd always heard about Murder Party but had never gotten around to seeing it so I'm glad I got the chance to.

Murder Party

4 pentagrams out of 5. A good horror and a pretty great comedy.

The Video Dead

2 pentagrams out of 5. Was alright, in a cheesey way, for the first 40 minutes or so. Then it kept dragging on and on.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Murder Party: Pretty good, though it could've used another death in the middle.

Video Dead: Wasted its concepts but was otherwise a decent zombie flick. Smart zombie and Garbage Man disappeared early on and didn't come back. Actual zombies were ok and had some fun scenes, no complaints about them. I think what it needed was an actual villain to wrap up the last act, not just more of the undead mooks; smart zombie slut from the beginning proved the tv was capable of producing more than just the shamblers.

Cryptkeeper: Eh. Chopping it up into two stories really hurt this, and it was already a poor substitute for the live action show.

Freddy's Nightmares: While the pilot suffered from having the budget of a pilot and could've used some rewrites, at least it was about Freddy. I would've overlooked the overall rushed feel of the episodes if he was actually involved in the kills.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

super sweet best pal posted:

Freddy's Nightmares: While the pilot suffered from having the budget of a pilot and could've used some rewrites, at least it was about Freddy. I would've overlooked the overall rushed feel of the episodes if he was actually involved in the kills.

I looked up an episode list, and of the 44 episodes (22 each season, and I guess that would have to mean 88 stories considering the format of the show) Freddy shows up in a total of 9 episodes as an active participant, including the pilot. So around 20% The rest of the time it's just him giving his little bon mots before and after each story.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

Murder Party and Video Dead were a lot of fun to watch with everyone. Thanks for running this, Lurdiak.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I was only able to join for the first half of The Video Dead, but yeah that was a lot of fun. My dreams were filled with skunk-loving poodles.

Adhesion
Sep 10, 2001

Next you gonna mention lifting up a nacho and seein' a big old terrified eye starin' at you
After watching the video dead I was inspired to make this stupid thing. Thank you lurdiak thank you zombie driving man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv2muZoxZ0Q

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait

Adhesion posted:

After watching the video dead I was inspired to make this stupid thing. Thank you lurdiak thank you zombie driving man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv2muZoxZ0Q

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

(Rated GB-15 for frightening scenes) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

and...

The Nail Gun Massacre

(Rated R for violence, nudity and sexual violence) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

Followed by...

and finally...

Freddy's Nightmares

Be there!

Important note: Twitch found me out, so we've moved the stream to cytube. If you want to be able to view most of what I'll be streaming, you'll need to follow this guide and install a couple of extensions. Please read it carefully so I don't have to re-explain over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Two tips RE: Cytube...

One, you may have to install the script again once or twice before it will work. As well, you might have to refresh the page a few times.

Second, I can vouch that some adblockers or privacy tools might interfere with playback. Personally, any Google drive uploads wouldn't play until I disabled PrivacyBadger. So try disabling some apps if it still doesn't work.

• Locked thread