Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

The Nail Gun Massacre

(Rated R for violence, nudity and sexual violence) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

I was wondering when we'd get to something that showed up on Best of the Worst.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Two tips RE: Cytube...

One, you may have to install the script again once or twice before it will work. As well, you might have to refresh the page a few times.

Second, I can vouch that some adblockers or privacy tools might interfere with playback. Personally, any Google drive uploads wouldn't play until I disabled PrivacyBadger. So try disabling some apps if it still doesn't work.

uBlock Origin seems to work just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Rad, both of those are new to me, and count for the challenge.

Also re: cytube issues, I am not very tech literate, and discovered that the whole setup is pretty bad and non-intuitive if you don't know what you're doing. Like first off you need to get that TamperMonkey extension for your browser, sure. But to the layperson, that sounds like that's it, and then you get the error on the page saying you need to run special scripts to access the google drive videos. For those like me that don't know what they're doing: The extension is NOT the script. If you then go into the instructions link when it tells you about the scripts in that green box about the google drive, it then takes you to a poorly written page of instructions. First it lists a bunch of bullet points of what to do based on your browser, but this part is just for installing that TamperMonkey thing again. After that in an unorganized paragraph below all that is an additional step very unclearly made, in which in the middle of sentence is an easy to miss link. THAT is where the script is, and you go install that after you already have the extension on your browser. THEN the Google Drive stuff should work. It's easy, but BOY do they not make it obvious what you're supposed to do.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
But is a nail gun really cheaper than a chainsaw?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Definitely in for Nail Gun. I don't remember a ton about Pretty Thing other than I liked it a lot and it was pretty low key. A good sunday night spook-a-doodle.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I use chrome and got the tampermonkey extension installed and I think I got the script installed.

After that it got rid of the good drive warning message and looked like it was trying to play the video, but then it comes up with a network error message so I have no clue what I missed.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I'll try to catch at least some of Nail Gun Massacre because that just looks delightful. And I've sorted out the Discord situation by installing it on my iPad-and-keyboard so maybe I won't be a salty turd about it tonight :v:

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal
Plugin worked just fine for me on firefox, but of course your mileage may vary. Also I like that we're again doing one recent movie that I've heard good things about and one older movie that I've heard of for other, worse reasons.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Clayren posted:

Plugin worked just fine for me on firefox, but of course your mileage may vary. Also I like that we're again doing one recent movie that I've heard good things about and one older movie that I've heard of for other, worse reasons.

My problem wasn't browser-related, I have a single monitor and then a nearby TV that I'd have to strain to try and watch along with the chat on my monitor.

I could split them but it'd be really distracting, so my solution is just to chat on my iPad while I watch on my TV. :shrug:

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I tried everything I could but the extensions weren't working with my tablet. Trying something else and hopefully that'll work.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lurdiak posted:

Tonight's features, beginning at 8:30 EST are...

I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

(Rated GB-15 for frightening scenes) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

and...

The Nail Gun Massacre

(Rated R for violence, nudity and sexual violence) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

Followed by...

Tales from the Cryptkeeper

and finally...

Freddy's Nightmares

Be there!

Important note: Twitch found me out, so we've moved the stream to cytube. If you want to be able to view most of what I'll be streaming, you'll need to follow this guide and install a couple of extensions. Please read it carefully so I don't have to re-explain over and over.

We are live in 30!

Join the discord!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Fickle Isthmus
Aug 2, 2003

I've not turned up yet 'ave I?
Lurdiak thanks for helping me out in the chat last night. As I said it's my first time joining in. It's great.

I try and have a list of my favorite horror films to watch each October, but I often hit a wall because I've seen them all before, so this mixes it up for me. Thank you!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Fickle Isthmus posted:

Lurdiak thanks for helping me out in the chat last night. As I said it's my first time joining in. It's great.

I try and have a list of my favorite horror films to watch each October, but I often hit a wall because I've seen them all before, so this mixes it up for me. Thank you!

No problem. I want everyone to have as good a scream stream experience as possible. :)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pretty Thing: Fine in concept but bad execution. It feels like they made every scene as slow as possible to get it to feature length because it's not enough of a story for that on its own. It should've only been twenty or thirty minutes long as part of an anthology.

Freaky Stories: Monty Python did this joke better. These are fun and it was nice seeing them again.

Nail Gun: Saw the Best of the Worst review so I knew what to expect. Mostly "so bad it's good" kind of fun but there were a few actually brilliant moments like the pool scene.

Cryptkeeper: Garbage cartoon that doesn't deserve to share the franchise with even the worst of the live action version.

Freddy: Robert Englund is the only reason to watch this. The episodes without him were terrible.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Nail Gun Massacre should get props for having a sex scene that was like five straight minutes of naked, clenching, thrusting man rear end. It really subverted my expectations.

VV You probably blacked out. I didn't time it but it felt like an hour :psyduck:

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Oct 8, 2018

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

King Vidiot posted:

Nail Gun Massacre should get props for having a sex scene that was like five straight minutes of naked, clenching, thrusting man rear end. It really subverted my expectations.

I honestly didn't remember that scene going on for that long.

super sweet best pal posted:

Pretty Thing: Fine in concept but bad execution. It feels like they made every scene as slow as possible to get it to feature length because it's not enough of a story for that on its own. It should've only been twenty or thirty minutes long as part of an anthology.

I have to agree. For what actually happened in the movie, that could've easily been a short film or an anthology segment. The atmosphere was nice but that's about it. I'm all for a well done slow burn but this felt more like a slow assdrag.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
I dug Pretty Thing but, after spending all day watching early 80s sorority slashers (most of which were good, I'm not complaining!) it was a real nice comedown and change of pace. However, I totally get people in the stream showing up at the end of a long day and wanting something crazier.

Nail Gun was meh but whatever. The chat reactions to it were worth sitting through it.

I also really, really liked the Freddy episode about the twins. I'd pay money to watch a spruced-up version of that made into a really mean Netflix special or something.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I also really, really liked the Freddy episode about the twins. I'd pay money to watch a spruced-up version of that made into a really mean Netflix special or something.

The stories that are actually about the franchise's mythos have been way better than the ones about random people having bad dreams and maybe dying. It all suffers from being a low budget TV series so yeah, I'd love to see a high quality Elm Street prequel.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Splinter

(Rated R for violence/gore and language) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

and...

CreepTales
(Unrated, content information unavailable, might be full of rape or other awful things)

Followed by...

and finally...

Freddy's Nightmares

This is also your chance to tune in and win...

Be there!

Remember to follow the guide and install the extensions and reset your browser so you can tune in with no technical difficulties.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Oh man, good choice with Splinter! I really liked that movie.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Oh boy what was that Troma movie we watched last year? Chillarama?

Creeptales is either going to be that or it's going to be Creepshow 3 and I don't know which is worse.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

weekly font posted:

Chillarama?

Several people are typing...

Wilhelm Scream
Apr 1, 2008

According to reviews on Letterboxd, CreepyTales is pretty much PG Horror but still a fun watch, that's the general gist of the reviews I read.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Splinter

(Rated R for violence/gore and language) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

and...

CreepTales
(Unrated, content information unavailable, might be full of rape or other awful things)

Followed by...

and finally...

Freddy's Nightmares

This is also your chance to tune in and win...

Be there!

Remember to follow the guide and install the extensions and reset your browser so you can tune in with no technical difficulties.

We are live in 30!

Join the discord!

E: Hit post too early!

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

There ain't no brain here, in the house of souls skulls!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqp4nou0DBk

You're doing the lord's work here.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Apparently a therapist can diagnose you with stigmata. You learn something new every day.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I wish you’d show a movie on a Monday or something. Friday’s are my tuesdays. :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I always have one stream that's not on a weekend night!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Seriously, CreepTales wound up a LOT more fun than I expected. I think it's best in a "party" setting like the stream. Splinter was real keen too.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lurdiak posted:

I always have one stream that's not on a weekend night!

Word. I’ll try one of these nights. I have Monday-Wednesday off

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Choco1980 posted:

Seriously, CreepTales wound up a LOT more fun than I expected. I think it's best in a "party" setting like the stream. Splinter was real keen too.

Had I been watching CreepTales alone, I probably would've gotten up at some point to do something else. The 'party' setting like it is in the stream really makes a difference. Case in point, first time I tried to sit through Murder Party, it wasn't clicking so I put something else on. Watching it with everyone in the stream, I like it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Splinter was the low budget horror movie this year's theme deserved. It ruled.

Ernest is a treasure and Freaky Stories was ok.

Creeptales was a mixed bag but ultimately enjoyable. Everyone in the first story was fun except for the villain and her zombaby. Tom Kenny ruled. The closet monster short was good too. The zombie town had nothing to say beyond that it was a town full of zombies, which was a shame because the characters were nice. Werewolf thing was eh. Sucker was good, a decent end to the anthology.

Cryptkeeper cartoon was ok for once.

Freddy I don't care for. I checked out partway through because it was bad and apparently missed something interesting? Came back and it had moved on to some goth girl who just died abruptly.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

M_Sinistrari posted:

Had I been watching CreepTales alone, I probably would've gotten up at some point to do something else. The 'party' setting like it is in the stream really makes a difference. Case in point, first time I tried to sit through Murder Party, it wasn't clicking so I put something else on. Watching it with everyone in the stream, I like it.

Yeah I really think sometimes groupthink makes movies better. The greatest all time moment in Scream Stream history is probably when we watched "Jekyll and Hyde...Together Again!" Like, at the beginning we were all almost angry at the film and Lurd, and I imagine were I watching alone I would have stayed mad. But the film is so coked up insane that by the end the chat's collective brains broke and we were all actively cheering and laughing-hard. It was an astounding moment that probably won't be topped.

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Lurdiak posted:

Apparently a therapist can diagnose you with stigmata. You learn something new every day.

Absolutely 100% True

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Castle Freak

(Rated R for violence, sexuality and some sexual violence) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

and...

Project Metalbeast

(Rated R for violence and gore) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

Followed by...

and finally...

Freddy's Nightmares

Be sure to tune in to find out who won the...

Be there!

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Wooo, Metalbeast. Haven't seen that one in many a year.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Choco1980 posted:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Castle Freak

(Rated R for violence, sexuality and some sexual violence) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

and...

Project Metalbeast

(Rated R for violence and gore) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

Followed by...

and finally...

Freddy's Nightmares

Be sure to tune in to find out who won the...

Be there!

We are live in 30!

Join the Discord!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Castle Freak was great.

Metalbeast started out promising then turned into a solid wall of nothing followed by a bullshit ending.

• Locked thread