Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Haven't seen Demonic Toys but I did see Dollman vs Demonic Toys and that movie's just a clip show for the franchises it ties together. (I really hope you aren't planning on playing that one this year)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dog count:
1 dead
1 freaking out on crank

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Murder Party: Pretty good, though it could've used another death in the middle.

Video Dead: Wasted its concepts but was otherwise a decent zombie flick. Smart zombie and Garbage Man disappeared early on and didn't come back. Actual zombies were ok and had some fun scenes, no complaints about them. I think what it needed was an actual villain to wrap up the last act, not just more of the undead mooks; smart zombie slut from the beginning proved the tv was capable of producing more than just the shamblers.

Cryptkeeper: Eh. Chopping it up into two stories really hurt this, and it was already a poor substitute for the live action show.

Freddy's Nightmares: While the pilot suffered from having the budget of a pilot and could've used some rewrites, at least it was about Freddy. I would've overlooked the overall rushed feel of the episodes if he was actually involved in the kills.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

The Nail Gun Massacre

(Rated R for violence, nudity and sexual violence) Parental Guide information, contains spoilers

I was wondering when we'd get to something that showed up on Best of the Worst.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Two tips RE: Cytube...

One, you may have to install the script again once or twice before it will work. As well, you might have to refresh the page a few times.

Second, I can vouch that some adblockers or privacy tools might interfere with playback. Personally, any Google drive uploads wouldn't play until I disabled PrivacyBadger. So try disabling some apps if it still doesn't work.

uBlock Origin seems to work just fine.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pretty Thing: Fine in concept but bad execution. It feels like they made every scene as slow as possible to get it to feature length because it's not enough of a story for that on its own. It should've only been twenty or thirty minutes long as part of an anthology.

Freaky Stories: Monty Python did this joke better. These are fun and it was nice seeing them again.

Nail Gun: Saw the Best of the Worst review so I knew what to expect. Mostly "so bad it's good" kind of fun but there were a few actually brilliant moments like the pool scene.

Cryptkeeper: Garbage cartoon that doesn't deserve to share the franchise with even the worst of the live action version.

Freddy: Robert Englund is the only reason to watch this. The episodes without him were terrible.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Adlai Stevenson posted:

I also really, really liked the Freddy episode about the twins. I'd pay money to watch a spruced-up version of that made into a really mean Netflix special or something.

The stories that are actually about the franchise's mythos have been way better than the ones about random people having bad dreams and maybe dying. It all suffers from being a low budget TV series so yeah, I'd love to see a high quality Elm Street prequel.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Splinter was the low budget horror movie this year's theme deserved. It ruled.

Ernest is a treasure and Freaky Stories was ok.

Creeptales was a mixed bag but ultimately enjoyable. Everyone in the first story was fun except for the villain and her zombaby. Tom Kenny ruled. The closet monster short was good too. The zombie town had nothing to say beyond that it was a town full of zombies, which was a shame because the characters were nice. Werewolf thing was eh. Sucker was good, a decent end to the anthology.

Cryptkeeper cartoon was ok for once.

Freddy I don't care for. I checked out partway through because it was bad and apparently missed something interesting? Came back and it had moved on to some goth girl who just died abruptly.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Castle Freak was great.

Metalbeast started out promising then turned into a solid wall of nothing followed by a bullshit ending.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The last straw for me wasn't Patty, it was the one before it with the camera guy. He wasn't even dreaming. Freddy attacks people through their dreams. A major point of the series is the fear of dying horribly in your sleep and trying to stave it off as long as possible while figuring out a way to stop him, if he can haunt someone while they're awake and doing things then the whole point of the series is effectively ruined.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pumpkinhead II: Good.

Winterbeast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpelIgwoUKw&t=212s

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I think I sat through all of WINTERBEAST, but it might have just been a fever dream.

It is and it's amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhpcHCsbsq8

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Curse of Chucky: That was a fun movie.

Puppetmaster: Had very little to do with the puppets and too much to do with boring people. Would rather have seen the nazis from the start of the movie get killed than the psychics.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Sometimes They Come Back started with a strong hook but completely fumbled.

Night of the Demons 2 was the opposite. Slow burn the first half, then it became amazing. Movie of the Year so far.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Fermat's Room: It was pretty good.
:japan: :ghost:: Did a lot of the same stuff as other movies we watched only not as well. I don't regret watching but I wouldn't watch it again.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pretty sure Scarab wasn't even a horror movie. Rip Torn was great and I wish the movie had spent more time on him and less on the Paper Chase guy. Psychic pointing hitman was also good, everything else was boring garbage.

Street Trash also didn't feel like a horror movie despite having horror elements. More horrifying than actual horror. The beginning was strong, the end were amazing, the middle was utter crap. Good melting effects, nice gibs on the ptsd hobo king's death. The severed dick scene was an experience. If only they'd replaced the creepy rape stuff in the middle with anything else it would've been a great movie.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Gerald's Game was good except for when it got :aatrek: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65GQg06SX90), really liked the killer parroting her delirious statement at the end.

Minutes After Midnight: mixed bag but the good ones were really good. Goatse monster one should've ended way earlier than it did. Puppets were great and ending with the Chupacabra was a good choice.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Vakal posted:

The best part of the last segment was the guy instantly knowing what was going on.

"Goddamn Chupacabras!"

People who say a joke isn't funny if you can see it coming are wrong, it's all about the delivery. If you can put a good spin on it you get the big laughs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Yeah, I know, Dominos sucks but I don't have many options here.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Slumber Party Massacre 2: Good villain "it was all a dream, or was it" story.

Phantom Empire: Twenty minutes of movie in a ninety minute runtime. Robbie the Robot really needed to fire his agent after this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Still think Pumpkinhead 2 should've been called Son of Pumpkinhead and not Blood Wings.

• Locked thread