Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I pre-ordered Daemon x Machina on Amazon the day it was made available and just received an email that due to lack of availability my pre-order has been cancelled. I'm guessing there is some sort of supply issue with this game that Amazon was just made aware of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

iddqd posted:

I pre-ordered Daemon x Machina on Amazon the day it was made available and just received an email that due to lack of availability my pre-order has been cancelled. I'm guessing there is some sort of supply issue with this game that Amazon was just made aware of?

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Amazon is not a good place to order video game stuff. You will never get it day of release.

A quick google search brought me to this article:

Nintendo Enthusiast posted:

Amazon customers report that the company is canceling their Daemon X Machina pre-orders. The online retailer lists “lack of availability” as the reason. Of course, that isn’t the actual reason since the game isn’t even finished, let alone manufactured. The game is slated to release in 2019, but nothing more specific than that.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well poo poo. Hearing that the physical edition of Starlink comes with less stuff than the digital while being more expensive means I’ll be canceling my preorder from GameStop. I normally only get digital versions of small indie titles but looks like I’ll be investing in an SD card.

The two games I’m most excited about from E3 are Starlink and Daemon x Machina.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have been playing Blossom’s Tale and it is not like Dark Souls. It’s awesome and I think the game I’ve enjoyed the most on the Switch so far. Really scratching that 2D Zelda itch I get frequently. I haven’t beaten it but I hope they end it in a way that leaves it open to a sequel.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The Nintendo FAQ on their website says that pre-loads can be played starting at 12 am EST the day of release and well... its way after that and it still says Starlink is unavailable to play. When do they normally unlock?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Crawl remains my favorite multiplayer game. Nothing more fun than local multiplayer when everyone’s drinking (rooftop optional).

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
October is so dense with entertainment releases, it's hard to prioritize. I've barely scratched the surface of Starlink but only because I'm putting off the finale of Blossom Tales. And here I am buying 4 games on the drat Halloween Steam sale... gently caress. With Diablo and Pokemon around the corner it's going to get even tougher.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DLC Inc posted:

I'm late to the party but having picked up Crawl on sale right now on Switch, it's fun as gently caress and what the devs who made Evolve probably wanted to do

Crawl is my favorite game on the Switch.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

strategery posted:

Lego City Undercover Impressions?

Side note Lego Worlds is pretty fun if you like creating stuff. (Have that on PC).

Like someone said, the load times are bad. However, it is a very good game. I 100%ed it on the Wii U and wasn't ready for it to be over. It's got a GTA style world with a storyline, quests, and tons of secrets to find and things to unlock.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It's refreshing that while the rest of the internet is raging about Diablo, this thread is nothing but good things.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
According to IGN on Twitter, Nintendo has said they will fix the Native American charicature in Smash.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It feels wrong to me that a new Tetris game is a PlayStation exclusive. I've always associated it with Nintendo ever since the original Gameboy. It's a shame because Tetris Effect looks gorgeous.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Weedle posted:

Let me know when I can get a handheld PS4 and not a dumb noisy box that I have to connect to a TV and stay in one place while playing like some loser from the ‘90s.

What's that? Weedle is evolving!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Amazon has Skyrim on a lightning deal for the next 25 minutes, $35.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yooka Laylee looks like DKC but better in every way.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Life is weird when you're an adult now but you wake up and immediately play the Cadence of Hyrule soundtrack to listen to while drinking coffee and catch up on your comedy forums posting.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
If true, what a strange way to find out about it.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bushisms.txt posted:

Nintendoland still works with just the wii upad only. They don't have any games that don't use the base controller. Same with the wii. The joycons are the system. Not saying they won't, just that it's unprecedented. And a disclaimer wouldn't help. People were still buying wii u games for the wii.

I remember being so pumped for Nintendoland thinking it was going to be some virtual theme park chocked full of minigames and maybe even an MMO/Social Hub element to it.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It’s weird to me how FPS on my PC games is incredibly important but when it comes to Switch I don’t even notice it. Like some people have said already, it’s probably because I play it exclusively in handheld mode.

I bought DQB2 after playing the demo and both seem to run just fine for the kind of game it is.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I’m an update-aholic and sometimes I go through each game and see if there’s an update.

One was triggered on my Fire Emblem pre-load so whatever update it is grab it so you don’t have to worry about it on release date!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tim Whatley posted:

Did my Joycons a while ago but did the console today and moved the Pro Controller into a new SNES themed shell.

Awesome job! If I didn’t have a penchant for screwing up mods I would do this in a heartbeat.

It’s so strange to me that as a kid I hated the Gameboy Color see-through purple but as an adult there is no better Nintendo color.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wasn’t there like an RTX enabled version of Quake released recently?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Your Computer posted:

I'm gonna play on easy casual :twisted:

I am very bad at these games okay

Not only is this my first FE game and the first TRPG I’ve ever played, but I’m bad at games in general so easy casual is really the only option for me.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Fully voice-acted games are completely wasted on me. I always read ahead and just skip what they say. I don't think I'll ever have the patience to listen to lines I can read and skip. That said I watch cut-scenes in full, since I don't actually want to miss plot.

I find myself listening to the characters that have especially good voice acting and just speed reading everyone else. Occasionally if it’s a pivotal plot moment I’ll listen to everything without skipping.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is there a Switch home brew thread kicking about? I’m curious about this Android stuff.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I really do hope we get a Switch Pro. I've thought a lot about how they wouldn't want to make a bigger switch because of the Joycon and dock size for compatibility. Just shrinking those huge honking bezels would be enough for me along with some added horsepower.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
FE 3H is my first in the series and I love it. If you’re a gogogogo gamer you will not like it. I think the voice acting is really good and so far I’m actually interested in the story. The battles are good and the Harry Potter sim is supremely up my alley.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I’ve never played a Resident Evil game before. Is there one available on the Switch that is a good point of entry?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I’ll give 4 a whirl thanks everyone!

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I don’t think Nintendo has a good reason to give us a New Switch or Sw2tch anytime soon.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I called GameStop a few hours ago and they told me there were plenty of reserve copies available. Went down there and paid for it, and will pick it up tomorrow. Doesn’t seem like there will be any scarcity involved.

E: 3D All Stars

LuckyCat fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Sep 18, 2020

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought this was going to be an all-Mario weekend but then I tried Hades and unholy wow this is a good game.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How does everyone say Lakitu?

I have always said La-KEE-too, but someone on YouTube said LACK-itoo and I’m shook.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Thunder Bear posted:

Cerberus is a very good boy.

You should probably buy Hades.

Unless everyone buys Hades, the ghost of Len will come back to derail the thread by misunderstanding more controversies!

Joking aside, I am really bad at games and am understandably bad at Hades (much like my posting). The charm of failing in this game has me hooked though, and is a strong contender of GotY for me.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The only case anyone should be using for their Switch or Switch Lite is the Satisfye case because you should all be using their grip.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I love me some Picross but I reallllly want to see more Picross 3D.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

This is the most insane clip I've seen from Super Mario Bros. 35

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugHeB9g2MNw

Lack-I-too

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

That is some mega clickbait bullshit Nintendo, c’mon.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

whaley posted:

yeah sounds like some dumb poo poo from 4chan

It is.

The graphical demo for Control had no wait so I jumped into that and I am impressed. I have good internet so that helps. I hope more modern games come to switch this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I was surprised when Link’s Awakening was released with framerate issues that persist to this day. I feel like Nintendo has always made sure that their first party titles run smoothly, but it’s apparent they have relaxed their standards.