Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Amazon is not a good place to order video game stuff. You will never get it day of release.

Untrue, and in my experience its 50/50 a day early breaking street date or 3 days late.

Last game they accidentally sent me 2 copies and charged me twice.(but only showed shipping 1 copy so they refunded me and I had a free second copy of a release game)

Its chaotic. But wont get release date is inaccurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Which one has you finially murder dr. Wiley to death. Cause that happens.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

No offense but that’s stupid

But you dont stay in the air through door transitions.

So

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The Bloop posted:

Someone earlier said you start with the master sword which is obviously not in that game, but if you start with the magical sword it can't be a save state since you need 12 hearts to get it. If it's the White Sword, which is more likely, then yes it might be a save state.

Even then I think it would require you to have opened doors in dungeons and have the ladder or raft which weren't mentioned

You start with all the gear according to an article I just read. Health rings and magic sword.

Sounds boring to me. Zelda without getting items :confuoot: Just use save states.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

This game is easy. *Get to the room with a bunch of blue darknuts.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Mega Man X would like a word with you...

Anyway, speaking of Mega Man, having some regrets over buying Mega Man 11. Not necessarily due to the game itself, because it's great, it's just really short for the price. The double gear system practically feels like a cheat mode though.

So a megaman game

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The everything bundle plus 11 for $60 mentioned. That on switch store?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Would really prefer that on switch. Lame.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I seriously am failing googling that $60 megaman collection and if it's coming to switch. If anybody can out google me, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise will buy it ps4 and be sad at the controller I'm playing it on.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Does the pro controller have a firmware update? My joycons recently firmware updated

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Remember you were supposed to draw on that map in the upper left and right. And take it to school and share where you found secrets with friends cause you used the candle on every Bush in the game.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Oscar Wild posted:

Any of y'all that find zelda 1 so easy, what about Metroid? Holy hell that game had interesting but horrible level design. I had no idea where I was half the time. Thank God for zero mission.

I've tried many times to get through metroid, loving pretty much everything from super metroid on. But I just cant. Zero Mission might be criticized as too hand holding. But got drat. Metroid is just indistinguishable tubes with some gently caress you secrets to to continue.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

I love Zero Mission, there's no reason to play the NES one with ZM as a thing. I never thought it was too hand holding though; the most the game does is provide you with a very simplistic direction about where you'll vaguely be going next. I wish all metroidvanias did this, honestly. Don't railroad me like Fusion or show me the entire map like Samus Returns, but a simple little hint like in Zero Mission is nice. Playing something as tiring to navigate as Hollow Knight made me wish there some goddamn system like Zero Mission had, christ just give me a vague pointer so I don't spend half an hour going through an area I can't even move farther within.

What I liked was it said. "Go here" so of course I'm going to go in the opposite direction and look for candy. When I hit a dead end I dont get frustrated/stressed. Or yeah when you get bored go to the dot.

Metroidvanias are fun to explore but theres a stress that comes with it that if it's not balanced right makes it not fun for me. The gold star standard super metroid wins by just having the map, which was cleverly incomplete, by just having unexplored areas were effectively a maker to go there.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Fremry posted:

Mario Kart 8 has a smart steering mode that fixes your steering for you if you go to far out of the way. I think it's intended for kids who are developing motor skills, so it might be something to work into your rehabilitation if your motor functions were affected.

But good luck on the recovery, my mother and best friend had similar surgeries, so I know how hard it can be.

It keeps you from falling off the track, not running into walls. Its balanced by you not being able to to the highest level boost. Which is tough to get on most maps.

Mode is helpful for beginners to mediumers (?) But expert players are better without it. It's a good mode to turn on for rainbow road tbh.

It does NOT make the game too easy and wont help you place well. Its DOES make my 4 year old finish within 45 seconds of everyone instead off being on lap 1 and making everyone upset (still gets last place)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Thought the kirby and megaman thread would by SFW yeah. Should have know after bowsette

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

^^^ gently caress

lizardman posted:

I came to this thread because of the ad and I must say I am sorely disappointed by the apparent lack of horny Nintendo fans looking to hook up in my area :colbert:

Just missed NSFW gay vampire-gate my dude

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

My daughter stole a star from me and won 5 to 1 stars.

I was unacceptably upset at her.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Reviews told me "this one has actual strategy" and I mean, yeah, but it's still luckiest. That's ok. Just a bit miss sold. Which isnt the games fault.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Octopath is a great old school rpg, with a lot of modern fun thrown in, and a few hold annoying problems. If you have affection for that style of game I think it's extremely good. Dont know if it will make anybody a fan of them though.

I loved it

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I never felt it was bland. How far are you in? The first chapters, by design are pretty simple so they can be beaten by a single character. (They do scale but theres not a lot of tricks or strategy needed).

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Al Borland Corpse posted:

I have heard you can not pause in dark souls? It's on consoles now that have home buttons, can you just press those?

When you come back your dude probably gonna be dead.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Serenade posted:

its a portable console

:eyepop:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Weedle posted:

So it is “you’re safe if there are no enemies around” or “you are never safe?” This thread says both.

You are safe if there are no enemies around.

You can make a mistake and think there are no enemies around, but there are. Oops.

Not rocket science.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Weedle posted:

Ok it just seems like people are saying the lack of pausing is fine because you can just leave the game running as long as you’re not in the middle of a fight, but also that’s not always the case and you can get hosed anyway. Seems like the kind of game that’s only suitable for people who can give it their undivided attention from the moment they turn it on to the moment they turn it off.

Yeah. I dont think many people are saying that's "good" but that is how it is. You can usually stop within 30 seconds to a minute. (Outside of boss fights)

I've played every souls game and have you kids and dont play online games cause I want to be able to stop. It's annoying but not deal breaking and not devestating.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

If you are scared of saving or pausing maybe dark souls isnt the game for you. Tbh.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Darks souls 1 has a good amount of poo poo like curse that will send you to the internet asking for help.

Better games like Dark Souls 2 are less annoying about that.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Dark Souls sounds like a miserable experience and anytime people come in to defend it they somehow make it sound even worse, I'll stick to accidently dashing diagonally into spikes in Celeste thank you very much

It's a genre in itself. Everyone's first souls game is a weird slow transition until it 'clicks'. It is as you experience, really tough to explain the intricacies let alone the enjoyment you get out of those games.

Defenders dismissing the bad and annoying parts often do a bad job of that. Dark souls has a lot of bad and annoying parts that people rose color glasses past(and the series fixes in future titles)

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Your Computer posted:

Yeah, I've seen a lot of people in the souls community mock Monster Hunter for being a dumb and bad game for babbies and I've seen a lot of people in the monhun community mock Dark Souls for being a dumb and bad game for babbies so it's certainly not a given that you'll enjoy both.

However if you are one of the lucky people who enjoy both (because despite their very different game loops they do have a lot of similarities!) you'll be set for thousands of hours of entertainment with only a couple of games though :kimchi:

:yeah:
I just wish the terrible framerate wouldn't give me headaches

I enjoy both. For different reasons.

I also like jrpgs and fps games. Lol of you cant enjoy different genres.

They share deliberate combat and that's about it. But world was at the height of games 'journalist's calling everything "the dark souls of xxxx"

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

punk rebel ecks posted:

So in BOTW was there any other place I could have bought flame resistant armour, or do you have to burn alive while healing yourself in Goron City until you manage to exhaust enough potions to reach the armour shop?

On the main road up the hill to there

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

You goons know about Fast Rmx right?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

I am purchasing either Assassin's Creed Odyssey for my PS4 or Starlink for Switch. I probably won't be able to decide until the moment of truth at the register.

Odyssey is very good. Hope this helps make your decision harder.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Ewwww. Starlink getting some iffy reviews.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Modus Pwnens posted:

It's only a grind if you don't want to play the game, or if you're a reviewer trying to rush the ending in two days.

Like it's pretty clear I'll hit the max level well before the halfway point.

This is 100% true facts here. Game throws xp and weapons at you like candy. But Mario is Missing so https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831167&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

For more info on how polygon and jim sterling are wrong and dumb. And odyssey is good

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Thank you thread for helping me make the decision to get Starlink over Asscreed. I played Origins for about 2 hours last year and found it janky and boring, so even if Odyssey is improved I probably still wouldn't care for it much. Red Dead is only 2 weeks away anyways so I will enjoy my babby space shooter until then.

Oh, while I'm clearly talking about things that don't really have much to do with Switch, I purchased Luigi's Mansion for 3DS over the weekend. I never played it on GC but Dark Moon is one of my favorite games. Anyways, it's fun but nowhere near as good as Dark Moon so it's a little bit hard to go back. Can't wait for LM3 though.

Odyssey makes origins look like the proof of concept prototype it was. Its AC2 to AC.

But enjoy whatever gaming purchase you decide on.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

With the Telltale fallout prepare to hear a lot more about lovely game buisness practices.

Your hobby is not ethical consumption under capitalism unfortunately.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Barudak posted:

Rockstar is going to sell 40 million plus copies so to upper level management awwwww hell yeah it was worth it

They'll toast a 30 year single malt to the "human cost".

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Nintendo loves its entirely uncle based workforce

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Pharohman777 posted:

I think japan passed some sort of law within the past year or so limiting employee overtime or something to try and stop the whole 'employees working themselves to the bone out of duty' thing.

Based on telltale events. They were breaking the law and just lying and not paying overtime.

Laws are dicey in an industry that routinely just fires everyone all the time. Need some strong whistleblower laws as well/first. And even then you can get blackballed from the industry sooooo? It ain't good

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

just be warned that in the previews the splitscreen co-op drops to like 20fps

All I want to do is pew pew with my daughter. So that's a dealbreaker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

The space battles in Star Link remind me of the Old Battlefront 2 fights. This is a good thing.

Once any of you get it, let us know how the exploration feels. It's what most interests me for sure.
what I've seen looks fun but, negative reviews say it's a lot of "busy work" but that's weird review code words on a game that has tons of content and they are trying to get a review out.

Reviewers are weird and getting worse I think.

Anyway. I want/hope for star fox with the serial numbers filed off. I'm worried about crafted levels vs a bunch of procedural content in this being repetitive.

All that to say, i also want goon impressions please.