Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Cool. We’re open again?

Overcooked worth it for single player?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So I have never played Dark Souls, but I have heard it is stupid hard. Is it fun as well?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Thanks for all the Dark Souks talk. You talked me into it! Also I am hella pumped about hand held Diablo.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Ton's of sweet games on sale right now, and I picked up Dark Souls for 28 bucks. So in a few days I will be another newbie begging for advice on here. I am excited!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Real hurthling! posted:

Is captain toad on sale? I assume not

I think? Is 30 on sale?

https://www.dekudeals.com/items/captain-toad-treasure-tracker

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Wildtortilla posted:

Where does Dark Souls cost $28?

Walmart right now.

I got my switch 2 months ago and have saved a ton thanks to https://www.dekudeals.com .

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Kirios posted:

Are we getting Black Friday deals on the eShop today?

Like half of my wishlist just went on sale, so yes?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Amazon hosed up my preorder for Smash. Said here by 8pm. Out for delivery at 1. Now says delayed until Monday. I’m pissed.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Andrigaar posted:

My delivery window was until 23:00 earlier this morning, but it just arrived at about 19:15. It's taking between 4 and 44 minutes to download a patch now.

I think it spent over an hour as the 3rd delivery stop in line, and isn't the first time something like that's happened.

I will hold on to hope I guess. But it is 10:30.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Andrigaar posted:

No dice tonight?

Nope. Super bummed. And also mad that I am 36 and mad my video game didn’t come on time.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Eeyo posted:

It’s not necessarily about a video game, someone made a commitment and failed (by a pretty big margin) to deliver. That’s frustrating in any context, partly the inconvenience and partly the lack of control. So don’t feel bad about feeling bad!

Haha. Thanks! Now they say delivered today and gave me a 10 buck credit? So that’s cool I guess.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

This thread moves so fast, so I have a question. Is there any good site of what the coolest games of the next few months are? I sometimes catch soil poo poo coming like crypt of the necromancer and slay the spire, but I am assuming I am missing some dope Indy poo poo.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Golgo13 posted:

https://switchweekly.com

I find being on the mailing list for this to keep me informed enough. Think their are some suggestions on OP also.

Perfect, thanks!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

American McGay posted:

https://twitter.com/TQuill/status/1138275030008258560

I was hoping for $19.99 but it's a Zelda game so I'm not going to complain. Hopefully it's chock full of content.

Genuine question, is it better to play on Switch then mobile? I do love Zelda, but have been waiting to buy it since I heard of the Zelda edition. Ok the game worth an extra 20$ to be on God’s console? Or just pick it up in iOS?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Detective No. 27 posted:

Playing any game on Switch is better than mobile.

This is where I was trying to go with my question. Because switch is the best, or because the controls suck on mobile?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

bushisms.txt posted:

Yes?

Also button presses over swipes.

Ok! I’ll wait for crypt if the zeldadancer! Thanks!

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Hotline Miami and Katana zero are both on sale. If I want a game for a 8 hour bus ride, what would the the thread decide?

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Heath posted:

The only thing that makes me clench up in games is a long fall. Even if there's no fall damage. But I involuntarily hold my breath during big falls even if I know there's no risk whatsoever.

Yep. Every drat time with this.

SeANMcBAY posted:

Spiders don’t bother me but water monsters sometimes do. The hydra in Dark Souls was a struggle for me even though it’s a pretty easy miniboss. I just didn’t like having to get so close to a bottomless water pit to attack it.:cry:

Also this. Half Life was super fun and great, and then there is that big rear end shark thing and I thought I was going to have a heart attack.

Also Half Life should come to Switch.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Been following the excellent advice of the goons. Picked up Hades and Donut County (for super cheap). I don’t think I need any big games once I get Hades going, but any other eshop games that are cool, but too short for full price? Because I am very in love with Donut Country. Like playing Katamari for the first time.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

ColdPie posted:

Here's some short indie games I've enjoyed on Switch, in rough recommendation order. The only one I'd give a strong recommend is Gris. The rest are fine, get them if they look interesting to you, or don't.

Gris
Neo Cab
The Gardens Between
When the Past was Around
Pikuniku
Minit
Sayonara Wild Hearts

Awesome, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Bleck posted:

A Short Hike!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

I know I recommend this game a ton in this thread, but A Short Hike is like the poster child game for "cool, but too short for full price". Eight bucks and a great evening or two of entertainment.

I read a review that summed it up pretty well by saying, roughly, "after trying for a long time to find literally anything bad about this game, all we came up with is that the protagonist is a bird and some people are afraid of birds."

Grabbing it as well!