Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Any goons wanna play DBFZ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mega64 posted:

Zelda I is the hardest Zelda game to come out before Zelda II.

Also, the easiest.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Can you play entirety of Starlink as Fox and just treat it as a new Star Fox game?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

KingSlime posted:

gently caress, marry, kill:

dark souls chat, weapon durability chat, dudes getting horny over cartoons again

marry, gently caress, kill

Dark Souls chat never bothers me.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sure are a lot of wrong people in this thread thinking Zero Mission is better than Metroid: Fusion, AKA the best 2D Metroid.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The best part about the 3DS game is it showed how lovely and janky the fanmake was.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sure.

* I loved the story behind Metroid Fusion and think it's a great way to extend the franchise. I wish they'd do more chronologically past it!
* SA-X is the best enemy in the series.
* It has the best bosses in the game. Nightmare especially is a standout.
* There's an actual narrative throughout the entire game. It holds your hands through two thirds of it but I enjoyed having it.
* It's actually a pretty tense game! I wouldn't call it scary but it definitely has a feeling to the game that is simply not replicated anywhere else. A large part of that is because...
* The music is great and my favorite of the series besides Prime 1 (Which is my favorite Metroid).
* The other 2D Metroids are extremely similar in terms of scope and feel. Fusion's the only one that really stands on its own as doing something different with the franchise. And I really appreciated that about it.

Edit: Please, these aren't hard games. "Having your hand held" is something that doesn't bother me because it opens itself up just like any other Metroid, except now you get a pretty interesting story with tense moments!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Also Batman: Arkham Asylum is the best Metroidvania.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I guess but god drat they're so good. And another good point was brought up, Metroid Fusion's probably the hardest of the 2D Metroids, despite being "hand holdy." I remember Gedo X being able to wreck your poo poo if you weren't used to the pattern. Same with Serris, which is another standout boss.

It's a creepy game with the parasites, and again, no other 2D Metroid comes close to this feeling.

Kirios fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 29, 2018

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Yeah, seriously, good for him, I'm glad he leveraged it into a career.

It's still the inferior game and is clearly made by one person reusing a lot of assets. Calm down Augus.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

okay no, you're not going to calm down or back down from this. gotcha.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

saying the Nightmare boss in Fusion was a "standout" is still blowing my mind. Big loving sprite that takes up half the screen and moves around in a bullshit pattern as you wind down into a war of attrition with it, taking unavoidable damage.

Fusion is a great game but kind of a bad "Metroid game" since it does away with most of the series staples i.e. a sense of isolation, freedom of exploration, optional items but it's still a nice twist on the formula with the Alien kick and "action movie" feel. SA-X is a cool plot device. Fusion was actually the first Metroid game I played so it's a nice gateway towards Super/Zero Mission.

Nightmare does not have any unavoidable damage. It's just a really difficult, well designed boss fight. It's one of the 5 or so most memorable boss fights in all of Metroid for a reason.

Also, calm down KingSlime.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Sorry you guys are gonna boycott Smash over this!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm so outraged I've actually gone all the way around and am now calm about it.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Ok Diablo 3 experts I wanna be a melee Necromancer and just scythe all day every day is this a legitimate build or am I a dumb crazy person

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

homeless snail posted:

Yeah absolutely, use the grim scythe/skeletal mage runes that up your attack speed, get some life steal on it. The season's set will give you 50% damage reduction most of the time, but even with a lot of armor sometimes you'll have to fall back and let your minions take care of the harder elites. I'm on torment 8 with essentially that build right now.

This is exactly what I was thinking - thanks!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Your Computer posted:

So I've been playing Diablo 3 on the Switch and it's fun but man, it's definitely a different game from what I remember. Everything feels a lot more fast and loose.

I feel like you kinda have to go around one-shotting everything because getting hit even once knocks off like half your HP? And it's not like it's easy to dodge when there's so much going on at once. Maybe I've just been bad about picking my armor, it's hard to keep track of with the inventory screen on this and the sheer amount of crap you get now.

This all sounds awesome though?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Andrast posted:

That's a good rom

No, that's a bad Rom that prevents us from seeing the world for what it truly is.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The only thing they are emulating is the pirates' hard work!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

We all know Mario and Luigi are incesting it up.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

bowmore posted:

you know incest is a trigger for a lot of sexual assault survivors right?

Why do you think Luigi is so timid all the time?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I've actually heard enough of really positive feedback about the Pokeball Plus that I'm looking forward to it as well. I hope future games utilize it!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The new Pokemon games own - haters were wrong about this one.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Pokeball Plus auto spins Pokestops which is a game changer.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Correct, used it all day yesterday. You push to try to catch Pokemon but stops are 100% automatic.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I've got some Let's Go Eevee exclusives to trade for the Pikachu exclusives - anyone wanna do the swaps?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Are we getting Black Friday deals on the eShop today?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

XB2 is...fine. I was personally kind of disappointed by it. XB1 is a far superior game to me. It's a pretty damning indictment if the DLC is far superior to the base game (And it is, I thought the DLC was pretty good!).

Now Octopath, that's a hell of a game. If you're gonna get one JRPG on the Switch, absolutely get that one instead.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

People will swear up and down you need one but I've had a Switch since launch and have had no issues with scratches on the screen. It's fine, you don't need one at all. I definitely agree, it changes how the screen "looks", which is more of a deal breaker for me.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Well, they managed to hit the price point I was looking for with Starlink. Guess I own the game now?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What DLC would I need to buy to 100% Starlink?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

pixaal posted:

How many inches are in a second?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yes, as well as Crash N The Boys Street Challenge, and some Japan-only feudal-themed fighting RPG.

What?!

I want to play this!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

fusions my fav in the whole series

well 2D game anyway, i think metroid prime 1 is better

You and I are the only ones with the correct opinion in this thread.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I think you'll find that Dark Souls is the most chill game.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

my reaction to that creepy catgirl game that was posted earlier

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Heath posted:

prove it!!

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

It's a shame Darksiders 2 and 3 were bad games because Darksiders 1 is a very enjoyable game. I have no idea why they abandoned their 3d Mature Zelda formula.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I saw some guys complaining about it earlier...here's the reason why the eshop may be messing with you:

https://dnsflagday.net/

(Us IT guys are having a ton of fun with this poo poo today.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

File me into the disappointed with Wargroove group. The maps feel...very underwhelming compared to AW. The entire ~45 minutes or so I played of it just made me want to play an Advance Wars game instead.