Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I'd like to get an RPG on the Switch but I've not really played any before. I have Digimon: Cyber Sleuth and it was a lot of fun until I put it down for a month and the game becomes nearly impossible to pick back up because it's hard to figure out which part of the story you've made it to without going back and retracting every single step in an FAQ until you find the one NPC in a random hub to progress the story again

I've got passing interest in FFX and Xenoblade Chronicles but any suggestions are fine. I tried googling but every website is just a bunch of listicles in no particular order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I'll watch some videos on Dragon Quest 11, not in a rush to pick anything out today. Gamestop lists the Switch pre-owned at $44 while the X-Box and PS4 versions are under $20 though lol

Nintendo why

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Artix posted:

Are you looking at the original release or 11S? You want 11S, it's an expanded re-release with extra content and a soundtrack that isn't midi trash.
There's only one version on the Switch so yeah 11S, nintendo prices never go down even used

I can get it on Game Pass but the idea was a long game I can play at work in downtime and that doesnt work on a console

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

The Postman posted:

I think there's still a demo on the eShop. It's like the first 10 hours of the game or something and you can pick up right where you left off if/when you buy the game.
That works for me then, I'll be busy for the next two weeks with work but by the time I get to sit down and really play it maybe it'll be on sale for Black Friday

Zurtilik posted:

Yeah, make sure to get that one! It's also got the wacky 2D mode if for some reason you get bored of 3D. I'm half tempted to play 2D mode on my Xbox.
I saw that in a review and if you can switch between them at-will it'd be a great way to change the game up a little and preventing burnout while still progressing

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

I have both Animal Crossing and Stardew Valley already yeah. I have experience with SMT-type games, I think it was 3 on the PSP I played first, I have 4 on Steam, and I tried twice to get through all of Persona 5 with my sister but both times stopped at the Pyramid dungeon because she found out she was pregnant (twice! I'm afraid to start a third, I dont need a third nephew or niece)

and Digimon World is like a dummed down version of Persona from what I've played of both except there's no strategy at all to Digimon and you can break the game by getting perks that let you power-grind the game into not being a challenge at all in like two hours

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 3, 2021