Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Gonna be a new Monster Rancher announcement. I want it so bad. I'm the only one.

Also gonna announce the Switch TV, which is just a switch with no screen that will have to connect to your TV but it will still be a separate thing from the dock so you'll have to manually dock it to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
chocobo gouble penetration

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
golf is for dorks

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
maybe they should have tried... marketing strategy

haha got them fuckers

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
samus is actually a lady!!

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
i don't use switch online but i do keep paying for it

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Honestly, just get a 64 and an everdrive if you want to play poo poo.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
lol loving Ristar

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
gently caress it, im stupid, i'll buy the n64 controller. i don't care.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
mario mario and luigi mario

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
hahaha chris pratt

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
what the gently caress is this casting

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
<dk enters smoking a big weed> "hehehehehhehehehe"

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
i've never heard of splatoon and now they are making a 3rd one

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
hell yeah, new Earth Defense Force

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
i like kaiju battles though

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
man, i love luigi's mansion. they should have made and announced one of those too.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
I just want the n64 switch controller because, man, it's a pain in the rear end to get a real, original controller that works as well as it should. The one I'm using right now is Frankensteined together from 3.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

American McGay posted:

I love the N64 controller. I hope I can calibrate it to work with that Goldeneye 360 beta that got leaked earlier this year.

Same! Sure, it's not the most elegant controller but it still feels nice in my hand and i can't play n64 games with anything else. I hope the rumble is built in though.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

There are really good and reliable reproduction controllers though

I didn't know about them at all. My brain is mostly stuck in "third party BAD" mode thanks to Madcats

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Echoing the "don't pay for the thing you don't like" sentiment.

I dunno. I have original hardware with an everdrive but I'm still really happy to have the option of getting some of those games I enjoy on the Switch at what I view as a fair price. Nintendo isn't going to put any effort into making a reliable way to play N64 titles on modern tech without financial incentive so I hope enough people support it. Yeah, roms exist, but if I didn't have an everdrive then it'd be a roll of the dice, as far as emulation is concerned.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
NSO is cheap as gently caress and serves the purpose I bought it for, though. It's not really something I got thinking "I gotta squeeze every bit of value out of this thing that I can."

To be fair, I spent a lot of time paying for MMOs that I actively hated playing :v: My brain is probably too poisoned to accurately weigh in on it.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
im still pretty mad that my audible sub only gives me one token a month. where can i shitpost about that >=(

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Blast Corps is a really good n64 game

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
i'm just looking forward to monster rancher 2 being released on switch in december. i dont play new games because i suck. i dont know what you guys are all worked up over.

also thought about that charger cord bundle thing and figured it could be used as a butt plug, just to keep the thread on track

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
Just throw that game because Mario Party is a chaos simulator anyways

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
looking forward to everybody who hasn't played n64 games in a long time coming back to them and going "man these games aren't that good" and we'll argue about it for another hundred pages and the thread will devolve into people saying "well rare made all the good games for n64" shortly before making GBS threads ourselves and dying

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

American McGay posted:

N64 games are good OP. Maybe it's you who are bad.

both. i like n64 games.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
i also have an everdrive and won't be PURCHASING THIS. but mostly just because i invested a stupid amount of money into an hdmi mod but i sincerely hope you all enjoy yourselves and i hope this sells well enough for nintendo to incentivize them fine-tuning future emulation. i love you thread

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
oh man, i hope somebody makes an adapter so i can use the n64 wireless controller with a real n64

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
i bought a switch so i could play slay the spire on the toilet and then they released it on the phone so now i have two ways of playing slay the spire on the toilet but now i need Nintendo to release a TurboGrafx collection so i can play splatterhouse on the toilet. who owns those rights and will it ever happen?

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

Konami bought Hudson Soft so it would be them.

Your best bet is to try to get an Analogue Pocket when they put the preorders up again. It'll most likely have TurboGrafx support through the unofficial jailbreak upon release.

i was not expecting a genuinely helpful response but i appreciate it and will check that thing out

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Good news op splatterhouse is in the Namco Museum Arcade Pac along with Dig Dug and Galaga

Galaga sucks

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
lol all these people defending galaga. he wasn't funny at all "park in a drive way, drive in a parkway" yeah, ok

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
my sister kind of sucks but, hey, at least she never broke one of my controllers!

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
nintendont care about quality emulation

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

Ugh, love having one in the cart, and only one, only to have it say "limit one per customer" and miss my chance. Thanks for the heads up though.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
MM3D was pretty cool and i liked how they gave me the bomber's notebook with the deku mask. 10/10 probably won't play again but will recommend it.

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hotdog feet
Nov 3, 2005
got my n64 controller in the mail and started playing Mario party 1 and i wore a glove because i instinctively knew that it would hurt my hand but it's very hard to press buttons in mittens