Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

Raitzeno posted:

Conception 1 got an anime adaptation which just ended, and I have heard nothing but awful things about it. The few people I know that watched it all the way through did so entirely out of spite for what they'd seen up to the point they decided not to drop it, in order to give it scathing commentary, rather than out of actual interest (or hope it would improve). Apparently Mattero and Chlotz combined are like maybe 10% as creepy as the designated creepazoid character in C1. To be honest, if the game was as bad as the anime sounds - and given the fuckups the second game made, I'm inclined to think the first was significantly worse as a game, even before you think about how it apparently had more than double the amount of dateable girls and possibly more dungeons as well - I'm surprised it got a sequel game at all!

Yeah, I'm unfortunately aware of Mana. I did a write up on it when the Mana's Ears accessory appeared, since I had to research what the hell that accessory was a reference to. I skimmed two episodes of the anime adaption and it is indeed pretty garbage. Like I said, it seems they went the titillation route and tried to force in as much T&A as possible. It's one of those anime, which has apparently become a much more prominent thing in the genre since I stopped watching TV shows in general, anime included. I can't even do a Let's Watch of it because it is constant NSFW poo poo that barely relates to the plot at all.

But that's also the reason why the first game might not be quite as bad. The anime strikes me as being a bandwagon thing to try and ride similar Queen's Blade style shows which have apparently become a whole sub-genre. There were also some shots in the episodes I skimmed that are flat out made for selling Blu-Ray versions later on. It's entirely possible that they are playing up the naughty stuff in order to get people to buy the game. It is a straight up advertisement for the PS4 port after all.

Either way, I made the promise to blind LP the first game if it ever sees the light of day on the North American continent. I doubt it will, but if it somehow does then at least we can all enjoy that shitshow together without anyone knowing what is going to happen. My curiosity for the first game is mostly to see of there were any major gameplay changes between 1 and 2, or even between original and update for that matter.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Thanks for this LP!

I might go back and finish my run of it, but at least I know what happens if I don't.

Thanks for following along, I appreciate it. A lot of people drop this game early on due to the gameplay grind, so at least I could provide a summary of the actual interesting parts of this game.

Now I need to do Archive readying edit work. Then I need to decide if I want to jump straight into another LP.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jan 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TracerK
Jun 25, 2013

Thanks for LP-ing the game! I probably won't ever get around to finishing it, so I'm glad I got to see the ending.

RandomNinja
Sep 14, 2011

Protector of the innocent, assassin of the unjust, and a lover of delicious, sweet, creamy Ice cream.
Thanks for the great LP! I've been following along since the beginning, and I think you made an excellent thread out of a middling RPG

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary
Sorry for not chiming in on things. Been distracted with other stuff. I enjoyed this whole ride, and I'm glad I was around to participate. I still gotta read your analyses, so I'll be back with a thought or two on it.

As for the prize, I guess I'll take an archives upgrade. I'll send you my email in a bit.

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010
I've really enjoyed this LP, thanks for showing off the game for us!

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

TracerK posted:

Thanks for LP-ing the game! I probably won't ever get around to finishing it, so I'm glad I got to see the ending.

RandomNinja posted:

Thanks for the great LP! I've been following along since the beginning, and I think you made an excellent thread out of a middling RPG

inflatablefish posted:

I've really enjoyed this LP, thanks for showing off the game for us!

No problem! Glad to hear that people got some enjoyment out of it.

Planning to take a break for a while, but I'm thinking of maybe filling one of the requests on the LP Request thread. Someone wanted World of Final Fantasy. I had others in mind but they don't seem like good ideas.

-Growlanser 4 is good, but hair rippingly frustrating.

-Sweet Fuse: At Your Side has a fun premise, but it's an Otome game. Not sure what the demographic is on this site, but those don't seem like they'd bring in much of a readership.

-Tears to Tiara 2 was fun, but like Growlanser it can be incredibly frustrating to play.

World of FF was a fun ride, and it is one of the only FF games that hasn't gotten an LP here.

Sword_of_Dusk posted:

Sorry for not chiming in on things. Been distracted with other stuff. I enjoyed this whole ride, and I'm glad I was around to participate. I still gotta read your analyses, so I'll be back with a thought or two on it.

As for the prize, I guess I'll take an archives upgrade. I'll send you my email in a bit.

I can message you, so you don't need to do that. I'll get the code in a little while.

Cardiovorax posted:

This thread is incredibly content-dense. I've been reading it for a while now and I still haven't completely caught up, it's quite amazing for barely 15 pages.

My thought for the day is that I really can't get over the word classmanting. It's like "gar for Archer" in how much it sounds like the kind of idea a fandom would come up with. "Get it? hur hur because they're men hurhur."

It's like the game is trying to pre-empt its own audience and does the creeping and awful fan lingo for you.

[edit]: Gay threesomes for science! Let's play Conception 2!

Forgot to get to this before, sorry. Yeah, there were a few people joining in discussion, but most of the pages have two or three updates on them. Bonding Events were almost all roughly 36,000 characters, while story updates were usually brushing the 50,000 limit. It's hard to break it up though, because the story segments all happen in update sized chunks and there isn't enough interesting dungeon gameplay to pad things out.

That's part of the reason I quickly gave up on posting battle videos. Nobody was watching them and they would have all been very samey.

I think Classmanting is just Ruby trying to appropriate the Classmating ritual. I mentioned that Classmating is a neutral term, so it should have been fine to just call it that regardless of what mix of men or women participate. But because Ruby hates Mattero and has this whole thing about herself where she thinks she is the greatest, she probably didn't want to associate her 'masterful groundbreaking science' with the Church.

It could also be that she's a creep as well, and that word is just her getting weirdo creeper enjoyment from it.

Either way, I would have liked to show it off purely because I'm all about equal opportunity, but Classmanting was entirely removed from the game due to it being an online feature. I guess SC didn't think it would be worth paying Steam or someone for the associated costs. I honestly don't even know if the Vita/3DS feature even works anymore.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

If you're doing WoFF, are you planning on using the Maximo expansion (or whatever it was called)?

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Raitzeno posted:

If you're doing WoFF, are you planning on using the Maximo expansion (or whatever it was called)?

Most likely. I played the normal version on Vita, so it would be nice to have some new content.

I would probably try and do that one as an informative LP though. Conception 2 was easy to do as a humerous LP because Wake is kind of a blank slate, but I feel like trying that with WoFF would be unwise. I wouldn't take it really serious or anything, I would still have fun with it commentary wise, but I don't think I'd inject my own dialog into the characters.

First I need to edit this LP, though. I emailed baldurk with a small question, but I need to proofread and remove all the voting sections before I make an archive request.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 3, 2019

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Psycho Knight posted:

Forgot to get to this before, sorry. Yeah, there were a few people joining in discussion, but most of the pages have two or three updates on them. Bonding Events were almost all roughly 36,000 characters, while story updates were usually brushing the 50,000 limit. It's hard to break it up though, because the story segments all happen in update sized chunks and there isn't enough interesting dungeon gameplay to pad things out.
Oh, I'm really not complaining. I wouldn't have minded a bit more general discussion, because those are always half the fun of a good LP, but this game is incredibly niche and somewhat creepy to boot, so can understand why the thread audience was somewhat smallish. Still, you did a really good job, although I personally wish you had done a bit more creative writing in the style of that first Zorro interlude. I thought it was really funny and was a bit sad when everyone told you to cut it out. You have a good grasp on how to make the Star Children sound appropriately silly and childishly cute.

Personally, I'm really just glad Narika didn't win the vote, even if you liked her the most. I can't stand people like that on a completely personal level. I'm really not a fan of that whole "Yamato Nadeshiko" cultural stereotype that I think she's supposed to embody. What I always tell people is that when I want a pet, I'll buy a dog. A good and healthy partnership is between equal partners and "romance" writing that glorifies an unhealthy relationship with an immature child-person who needs their hand held every moment of their life, that always just strikes me as... creepy. Just creepy.

Looking forward to seeing the bonus features of the alternate paths that you said you're going to do.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Cardiovorax posted:

Oh, I'm really not complaining. I wouldn't have minded a bit more general discussion, because those are always half the fun of a good LP, but this game is incredibly niche and somewhat creepy to boot, so can understand why the thread audience was somewhat smallish. Still, you did a really good job, although I personally wish you had done a bit more creative writing in the style of that first Zorro interlude. I thought it was really funny and was a bit sad when everyone told you to cut it out. You have a good grasp on how to make the Star Children sound appropriately silly and childishly cute.

Personally, I'm really just glad Narika didn't win the vote, even if you liked her the most. I can't stand people like that on a completely personal level. I'm really not a fan of that whole "Yamato Nadeshiko" cultural stereotype that I think she's supposed to embody. What I always tell people is that when I want a pet, I'll buy a dog. A good and healthy partnership is between equal partners and "romance" writing that glorifies an unhealthy relationship with an immature child-person who needs their hand held every moment of their life, that always just strikes me as... creepy. Just creepy.

Looking forward to seeing the bonus features of the alternate paths that you said you're going to do.

I had fun with those segments, but I also understand that my goofy fanfic writing isn't for everyone. I already took a lot of liberties with characterising Wake, so when people seemed kind of lukewarm about the skits I decided not to overdo it. That's also why I backed away from doing dialog for the heroines early in the LP.

The character thing is totally fine. Everyone has their personal view on different archetypes. I go over it in the Character Analysis at the end, but I personally hate Tsundere characters. I recognize that a lot of people love those types though. I was personally dreading the prospect of Serina winning and was relieved when the thread seemed to overwhelmingly disapprove of her. Writing her route in detail would have been a chore. Watching her route was a chore for me honestly.

I also think you might be mixing up Narika and Torri in the second half of that comment. Torri is the character that needs constant care and hand holding every second of her life. Narika is the wallflower that wants to not be a wallflower. She's actually the least hand holdey of the heroines since Wake doesn't do a whole lot in her route.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jan 3, 2019

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Psycho Knight posted:

I also think you might be mixing up Narika and Torri in the second half of that comment. Torri is the character that needs constant care and hand holding every second pf their life. Narika is the wallflower that wants to not be a wallflower. She's actually the least hand holdey of the heroines since Wake doesn't do a whole lot in her route.
No, no, I do mean Narika there. When I said hand-holding, I mean emotional hand-holding. Torri is bordering on needing an "assisted living" program. Narika is the type who I would tell that I don't think she's developmentally ready for a relationship yet, not with that kind of dependency and insecurity issues.

Ten pounds of issues in a five-pound bag, remember? :v: That kind of thing just never ends well.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Cardiovorax posted:

No, no, I do mean Narika there. When I said hand-holding, I mean emotional hand-holding. Torri is bordering on needing an "assisted living" program. Narika is the type who I would tell that I don't think she's developmentally ready for a relationship yet, not with that kind of dependency and insecurity issues.

Ten pounds of issues in a five-pound bag, remember? :v: That kind of thing just never ends well.

Huh, I never saw that at all. Narika isn't the least issue prone heroine, but she's also not the most. Ellie is the worst in that regard in my opinion. Fuuko is also really bad for it. But hey, everyone has their own interpretation of characters.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Well, maybe I'm also drawing a bit on my opinion about the character archetype, instead of just on what's actually there. The writing really isn't all that deep, for any of them.

SimplyUnknown1
Aug 18, 2017

Cat Cat Cat
Sorry, but I'm a little bit confused by this discussion How exactly did Narika come across as an "immature child-person" to you? I could see that applying to Torri, but not really Narika. And I'm no expert on the Yamato Nadeshiko, but the idea behind them is supposed to be "Silk hiding Steel", at least according to TV Tropes. They're rather similar to a Proper Lady, which I think would actually apply to Feene more than Narika personalitywise, but that's just my opinion.

SimplyUnknown1 fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jan 3, 2019

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Dunno, it just stuck out more for me with her. That whole "can't say no, constantly seeking approval, needs you to emotionally support them in everything they do" feels more pronounced in her. As Psycho Knight pointed out himself a number of times, it seems to be a consistent issue with all the characters. She came across as the most passive and weak-willed of the group to me, though. She's certainly the only one who might have easily been read as having picked up a drug habit just to cope, if the cursed jewelry peddler hadn't gotten to her first.

Mind you, this might just be me. I find that type of character a chore to read about whenever I see them, so those traits might feel more exaggerated to me than they would to someone else.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jan 3, 2019

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Didn't say it earlier, but thanks for the LP! Looking forward to seeing what you do next when you get around to it.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Cardiovorax posted:

Dunno, it just stuck out more for me with her. That whole "can't say no, constantly seeking approval, needs you to emotionally support them in everything they do" feels more pronounced in her. As Psycho Knight pointed out himself a number of times, it seems to be a consistent issue with all the characters. She came across as the most passive and weak-willed of the group to me, though. She's certainly the only one who might have easily been read as having picked up a drug habit just to cope, if the cursed jewelry peddler hadn't gotten to her first.

I don't think she would have resorted to using Trigger. As desperate as she was to change, she is also the most pious of the heroines, so I doubt she would have turned to that. She also does adhere to rules and regulations, even if she might be a little flexible with them. Official Wake doesn't assume Trigger, that's just something I wrote up (partly because the game does make you think that's what is happening).

OOrochi posted:

Didn't say it earlier, but thanks for the LP! Looking forward to seeing what you do next when you get around to it.

Thanks for the support. I'm looking forward to doing another one, although I'll probably be trying a different style depending on the game.

SimplyUnknown1 posted:

Sorry, but I'm a little bit confused by this discussion How exactly did Narika come across as an "immature child-person" to you? I could see that applying to Torri, but not really Narika. And I'm no expert on the Yamato Nadeshiko, but the idea behind them is supposed to be "Silk hiding Steel", at least according to TV Tropes. They're rather similar to a Proper Lady, which I think would actually apply to Feene more than Narika personalitywise, but that's just my opinion.

The two share similarities, but I agree that Feene is a little closer to that trope.

Narika's submissiveness and doormat qualities are slightly more complicated than simply her being unable to say no. She does find it difficult to turn people down when they ask for her help, but part of the reason behind that is her desire to better herself. She's reluctant to accept the Strategy Conference thing, but it's an opportunity to get out of her comfort zone and improve. As soon as she takes the responsibility on, she gives it her all and doesn't back away from it. There's also the fact that she is involved with Church volunteer work, so her not saying no could be due to her belief that people should help others in any way they can.

I can definitely see where Cardiovorax is getting the vibes from, but I don't really see her as matching the trope. Feene is closer. She starts out with the ability to say no to people, but she quickly turns into a doormat herself.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Jan 4, 2019

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Psycho Knight posted:

Official Wake doesn't assume Trigger, that's just something I wrote up (partly because the game does make you think that's what is happening).
Oh, I realize that. I just think it would've made just as much sense in context. It does fit the character rather neatly, which is kind of why the game can so easily pull that bait-and-switch on you in the first place.

She develops away from that near the end of her arc, but the problem is that it's at, well, the end of her arc, while I found Feene (for example) likable right away.

For what it's worth, part of why I find Narika so much more bothersome is because I think she's written in a way that's much more down-to-Earth and relatable than most of the other girls. Ellie, for example, is a Magic Inquisition Zombie. Even if she's a creepy stalker, the situation surrounding her makes it hard to take it seriously, it's just too distant from any real experience. Narika's problems, on the other hand, are real personality problems that real people have. I've met people like Narika, and drug abuse as well as unhealthy relationships often ended up being a large part of their lives, so I feel somewhat uncomfortably reminded of that.

quote:

I can definitely see where Cardiovorax is getting the vibes from, but I don't really see her as matching the trope. Feene is closer. She starts out with the ability to say no to people, but she quickly turns into a doormat herself.
Yeah, that's fair enough. I was going by half-remembered TVTropes entries there, so I was probably just using that term wrong. I hope I was able to communicate what kind of character I mean anyway.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 4, 2019

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Well, looks like I didn't catch up before the end. Enjoyed the LP though!

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Well, looks like I didn't catch up before the end. Enjoyed the LP though!

I got a little too into it for my first LP, so updates were blasting out every two days or so. Would be hard to catch up if you found it later on.

Thanks for reading through though. Much appreciated.

I'm just waiting on a response to an archive question, then I'll send it off.

Cardiovorax posted:

For what it's worth, part of why I find Narika so much more bothersome is because I think she's written in a way that's much more down-to-Earth and relatable than most of the other girls. Ellie, for example, is a Magic Inquisition Zombie. Even if she's a creepy stalker, the situation surrounding her makes it hard to take it seriously, it's just too distant from any real experience. Narika's problems, on the other hand, are real personality problems that real people have. I've met people like Narika, and drug abuse as well as unhealthy relationships often ended up being a large part of their lives, so I feel somewhat uncomfortably reminded of that.

That's perfectly reasonable. Narika's route is one of the mundane ones, even with the demon possession thing. She doesn't have ghost friends to reconcile with, or Church assassinations to balance with her personal desires, or a complete lack of growth like Torri. Those real problems are what I liked about Narika personally.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Thanks for the update blasts and the exposure to a game I'd never have seen otherwise.

Incidentally if you find yourself looking for a name for this again, from way way back in Torri's intro:

quote:

Is there a word that isn't coming to my mind right now which describes a very fast, very durable character that hits like a newborn kitten?

you might want to experience the LEGEND OF PERFECTLY DEFENSIVE SAMURAI.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

Glazius posted:

That was pretty great, thanks for sharing it!

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Glazius posted:

Thanks for the update blasts and the exposure to a game I'd never have seen otherwise.

Incidentally if you find yourself looking for a name for this again, from way way back in Torri's intro:

I will now be using this. Well, if I ever happen to run into a character build like that again that is. Thanks, nonetheless!

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary
Were you waiting on me? gently caress, if so, my bad. Got super distracted with KH3 leaks. The code did its job. Thanks again.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Ah, screw it. It's been a busy couple of months for me, and I've tried to figure out which one of those temporary email address providers would actually work for this, but it's taking too long. Here's my "public" email address (remove all spaces): [REDACTED]. I'll just edit it out when you've sent it and hope I don't get too much spam.

I'll take the platinum upgrade, if it's still on offer. I'll understand if it isn't, I've kept you waiting a while.

Commander Keene fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Mar 1, 2019

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Commander Keene posted:

Ah, screw it. It's been a busy couple of months for me, and I've tried to figure out which one of those temporary email address providers would actually work for this, but it's taking too long. Here's my "public" email address (remove all spaces):. I'll just edit it out when you've sent it and hope I don't get too much spam.

I'll take the platinum upgrade, if it's still on offer. I'll understand if it isn't, I've kept you waiting a while.

Huh, I figured the crapmail one would work fine.

Anyway, I've got it, you can edit it out. I'll get it sent later today.

In this LP news, the archive request has been sent, so hopefully one day when Baldurk isn't bogged down with life stuff, this will go up in the archive.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Mar 1, 2019

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Psycho Knight posted:

Either way, I made the promise to blind LP the first game if it ever sees the light of day on the North American continent. I doubt it will...

Dammit!

I'm supposed to be playing Pokemon Sword within two weeks of November 5th! gently caress you, NiS America! :argh:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Psycho Knight posted:

Dammit!

I'm supposed to be playing Pokemon Sword within two weeks of November 5th! gently caress you, NiS America! :argh:

:allears: Well hey, at least it's a personal promise and not a :toxx:, but still :allears:

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Psycho Knight posted:

Dammit!

SSNeoman posted:

:allears: Well hey, at least it's a personal promise and not a :toxx:, but still :allears:

This is why you never joke about these things. The Dark Id and his thread kept joking about another Drakenier game during the Drakengard 3 LP, and then Nier: Automata happened.

Granted, there's a bit of a quality difference there, but the point stands :v:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Also lol at 'Art subject to change'. I sure hope so because this boxart is the definition of 'uninspired'

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Some of my friends have told about the anime adaptation of that first game. I wouldn't wish the game that spawned that garbage fire on ANYONE. (If you do decide to subject yourself to it, I'll be right there watching, and I'll link them to it. :v: )

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Dr. Snark posted:

This is why you never joke about these things. The Dark Id and his thread kept joking about another Drakenier game during the Drakengard 3 LP, and then Nier: Automata happened.

Granted, there's a bit of a quality difference there, but the point stands :v:

I legitmately didn't think the game would see a release over here for numerous reasons: Sony's recent crackdown on Anime games that come within 100 feet of sexy stuff. The fact that Spike Chunsoft is still new to Western localization. I'm pretty sure that Conception II's sales would not be described as "stellar", as well as the fact that that game is something like 7 years old. Even still, I made the promise knowing that it could happen purely because I did have fun with this thread and the game was at the very least inoffensive (I never would have committed to something like TheDarkID did with Drakenier). The fact that Spike Chunsoft called my bluff isn't what bothers me (well, not much anyway), because a small part of me kind of hoped it would happen.

No, my regret for proclaiming a blind LP of the first game is the fact that Spike, for some ungodly reason, chose NOVEMBER to release it. WHY NOVEMBER, YOU ASSHOLES?! November is Pokemon month! I need the first two weeks to get ahead with school stuff as much as possible so that I can vanish from the earth from the 15th to at least the 22nd. Not to mention the ramp up to exams begins right after that. I had poo poo all planned out and now I need to slot in an LP.
:negative:

SSNeoman posted:

Also lol at 'Art subject to change'. I sure hope so because this boxart is the definition of 'uninspired'

We all know drat well that that artwork won't change in the slightest between now and release.

Raitzeno posted:

Some of my friends have told about the anime adaptation of that first game. I wouldn't wish the game that spawned that garbage fire on ANYONE. (If you do decide to subject yourself to it, I'll be right there watching, and I'll link them to it. :v: )

I still believe the anime adaption jacked up the titilation and other such garbage in order to try and get attention and sell discs. I highly doubt the anime is an accurate reflection of the game, let alone a somehow toned down version of it. There's a 90% chance that we'll be in for a similar experience to Conception II.

At least that's what I'm going to tell myself between now and November in order to feel better about pledging to blind LP it. Please merciful lord, do not let the anime be an accurate portrayal of the game.

Anyway, Conception II is up on the LP Archive now and my semi-intentional inviting of the first game getting a release has bitten me hard in the rear end by coming out at the worst possible time. Time to close the doors on this thread so that I can try to forget about this for the next three months.

See you all in November! Yaaaayyy...

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Hello everyone that checked out this new post for some unholy reason!

Conception Plus is a few weeks away and I plan to do some prep work for the LP of it that I said I would do. I need some quick input from people though.

-Would you prefer that I write dialogue for the main character, as I did for Wake in Conception 2? I don't plan to do any extended skits (since people seemed to hate those) and I won't be writing any major dialogue for non-MC characters (that was a short lived experiment in C2, with the exception of Chlotz). Keep in mind that this is a self-insert Persona style protag, which means his official character will probably be silent most of the time and have very generic things to say otherwise. However, if you would rather that then let me know. This will be a blind run after all, so it may be better not to establish a non-canon characterization.

-Do you still want the Team Voting ability from C2? I got a lot of participation in that for C2, but I had also been offering prizes (which I'm unsure of being able to do for this thread).

-This game has 13 maiden characters as opposed to C2's 7. I need to find a way to sort out how to narrow that down for ending purposes. If you have any suggestions, then let me know. I am also considering scrapping heroine voting and showing off ALL bonding, not just summarizing.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

Even though it’s blind, I think I’d still say to go with adding your own dialogue. It was nice last time for Wake to actually have a personality.

Also, voting yes to the team voting. Personally, I think that most things that get people involved make the whole experience more fun.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yes, especially since the first game will probably be even drier than this game.

Voting's up to you

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

I say keep the team voting, and probably the heroine voting as well, regardless of prizes. I got a bunch of thread participation when I tried a Wild Arms LP last year and I didn't have anything to give away. Sometimes it's just the fun of participating in the LP. I say don't kill yourself trying to do all of the dating sim stuff for all the girls on a blind run, though.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Yeah people love participating in LPs I wouldn't stress about giving out prizes

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Yea to giving the protag an actual personality and voting on heroines. Meh to team voting personally, I'm not personally invested in it so I don't really care.

Good luck.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Commander Keene posted:

I say keep the team voting, and probably the heroine voting as well, regardless of prizes. I got a bunch of thread participation when I tried a Wild Arms LP last year and I didn't have anything to give away. Sometimes it's just the fun of participating in the LP. I say don't kill yourself trying to do all of the dating sim stuff for all the girls on a blind run, though.

Wild Arms has better name recognition than this series, though. It's why I felt compelled to sweeten the deal with the various voting in the first game, because of the small audience I figured it would bring. Participating is certainly fun, but the stuff I needed votes on was pretty central to keeping the LP moving (well, the heroine voting was anyway), so I wanted to get as many people involved as possible by using prizes.

The thing with the dating sim stuff is that, assuming the database works the same as in C2, it is fairly easy to grind. The reason I did voting for heroines in C2 is because I thought grinding out all routes required more time and effort, but about 1/3 of the way into the LP I remembered just how easy it was and how little time it takes when you are skipping everything (and that the database tracks everything all the time). By that time the voting had already been established so I just decided to stick with it.

The thing about Conception Plus however, is that there are 13 freaking heroines instead of 7. It's almost double the main cast. If the bonding events are roughly as long as in Conception 2, then we'd be looking at stopping at least once every chapter to do something like 8 bonding updates (Conception 2 always had a "Part 1" and a "Part 2" for a chapter's bonding event).

Here are the scenarios I'm looking at, depending on what you guys would prefer:

All Heroines = Week 1: Chapter Beginning, Week 2: BU1 and BU2, Week 3: BU3 and BU4, Week 4: BU5 and BU6, Week 5: BU7 and BU8, Week 6: Chapter Dungeon + Story End, Repeat

Focus Heroines = Week 1: Chapter Beginning, Week 2: BU1 and BU2, Week 3: Chapter Dungeon + Story End, Repeat

I don't mind showing every route, but my schedule is much busier this year than it was last year, so I plan to force myself to stick to a weekly update schedule. The max number of bonding updates I think I could fit into a single week is 2, which means following along with every heroine would necessitate about a month between main story updates. Again, this all assumes Conception Plus works the same as C2 (with 13 heroines, there is a real possibility that the bonding events are way shorter or less frequent than in C2, purely because of budget or laziness reasons).

So I leave that up to you guys. Don't worry about the workload on me, since grinding out routes should be as quick and easy as it was in C2. Just consider whether or not you want to be breaking from the main plot for weeks at a time in order to follow the random mundane poo poo the heroines go through when not world saving.

If you do want to vote on them, then keep in mind the thread will have to decide on 3 characters out of a selection of 13. So it's either a month break between story beats or functionally ignoring 75% of the heroines.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

My vote is for you to do the thing that seems most fun for you. Do you want to write out 13 plotlines?