Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I'd probably shoot for fairly edited coverage of all heroines, at least until it becomes evident whether some of them are super boring. Because probably some of them will be super boring, especially with 13 of them to spread what was already a thin gruel of characterization over with 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inflatablefish
Oct 24, 2010

megane posted:

My vote is for you to do the thing that seems most fun for you. Do you want to write out 13 plotlines?

This is the real answer right here. But I loved your dialogue and I'd be happy to see you show all the bonding. I kinda like the mundane poo poo!

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

inflatablefish posted:

This is the real answer right here. But I loved your dialogue and I'd be happy to see you show all the bonding. I kinda like the mundane poo poo!

megane posted:

My vote is for you to do the thing that seems most fun for you. Do you want to write out 13 plotlines?

My enjoyment depends entirely on whether or not you guys are around to follow along and share in the laughs/frustrations, so whatever you all would prefer to see is what I want to go with.

You definitely don't want to leave heroine choice up to my preferences. Based purely on the opening movie I have already identified 6 or 7 of them that I suspect I will hate (Tsundere, a rich "ohohoho" chick, and one that looks like she might be Proto-Ruby, chief among them).

malkav11 posted:

I'd probably shoot for fairly edited coverage of all heroines, at least until it becomes evident whether some of them are super boring. Because probably some of them will be super boring, especially with 13 of them to spread what was already a thin gruel of characterization over with 7.

This is almost certainly going to be the case. The Conception 2 thread was fairly quick and definitive on who they wanted to see. The only change throughout three votes was booting Ellie in favour of Feene (who debuted in first and handily beat out everyone else for the entire LP).

The main draw on showing all heroines is that the characters the thread hates would likely make for funny material.

-So far it seems as though I have a green light to play character writer for MC. I'll get a general feel for him in the introduction portion (or the demo, if one is put out), and decide on a characterization from there. I promise I'll take LP MC in a different direction than Wake, since I presume it would be boring to just have him be snarky and slightly dickish.

-I will leave team voting in. The only person against it so far seems to have a "whatever" attitude towards it rather than outright hatred. Team A(wful) will be made up of class votes and the other teams I'll make up myself or use suggestions from the thread. I prefer thread sourced teams, because it provides at least a small bump in difficulty for me. If teams were up to me then I'd just be breaking the game over my knee with Trap Circus/Killing Field.

-Heroine voting is still a toss up, but the thread seems to be leaning towards going with focus heroines, same as in C2's LP. Maybe a cross between focus heroines and a brief update with summaries for the other 10.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

13 seems excessive, even for a harem game like this. How many of those were added for the rerelease?

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Arcade Rabbit posted:

13 seems excessive, even for a harem game like this. How many of those were added for the rerelease?

One. I'm not kidding. The twelve girls on the title image/opening eye catch were in the PSP version. Plus only adds one more.

If this were a sequel, I would just assume that they doubled the number of girls but spread out the events more thinly. This was the first game in this series though, so there is a chance that Conception 2's number of events is based on what they did for Conception 1 (they just cut the number of heroines down in the sequel to save budget/time). As of now, I don't know just how dense that aspect of the game is.

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change
Personality for MC-Harem Protag, do as you wish as far as voting goes. I caught this LP after it had finished, but the updates still had me laughing when wake was bouncing off people.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
I would love to see all the heroines if possible but I understand that's a ton of work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Mokinokaro posted:

I would love to see all the heroines if possible but I understand that's a ton of work.

Assuming everything works the same, then I will do one mini bonding update after each focus heroine bonding segment. You won't get the dialogue in detail, but you will get to find out what happens.

Like I said, I don't mind doing every route in full detail, but if I do then we'll be going about three weeks between each main story segment. If people WANT to see every route regardless of that, then I'll do it. People keep saying that it seems like a lot of work, but doing the heroine routes is actually easier work than main updates because they usually only involve two characters and no in-between stuff like dungeons or quests. It's just straight transcription.

Either way, you will get to find out what happens in every route one way or another. Plus adds the database from CII, which means that grinding out events should be pretty quick and painless.

Kemix posted:

Personality for MC-Harem Protag, do as you wish as far as voting goes. I caught this LP after it had finished, but the updates still had me laughing when wake was bouncing off people.

Thanks. Glad to hear from people that liked it. Makes me feel better about my terrible writing ability.

I discovered that there is an online feature in Plus which allows you to randomly upload Star Children online and also download other peoples' SC. If they don't limit that feature in some way, then I will probably make Team B into Team B(astard), composed of other players Star Children. That will leave Team A(wful) composed of thread voted classes and Team C which will be goon suggested (or just chosen by me).

I will also probably just use StrawPoll this time for Team voting, so it won't be as intrusive for the people that don't care for it.