Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

MythosDragon posted:

I adore the Agarest series, my favorite series on PS3 easily. The gameplay is bad, the sexual content can get a bit weird at times, but the world is absolutely amazing, the characters are great and theres literally nothing I adore more than High Fantasy War Epics and Generational Stories. Schwarz from 2 is one of the best protagonist's I've ever seen.

Also very underage women and men talking about and then having babies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Merchant, Thief, Cleric because they're all money-grubbing bastards :colbert:

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

If Wake's reason behind his thirst for monster death is his friends/family/village/love interest getting murdered by them, I'm gonna cringe so hard.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

You can also revel in violence and death because the Star God made you that way.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Psycho Knight posted:

That would be funny, actually. It's nothing like that though.

Like Dr. Snark said, the family/friends/love interest death is pretty much the only kind of reason. It's super cliche, but if Wake was like 'I hate monsters just because, and endanger people to quench the thirst', then Wake looks like a straight up psychopath.

The game is still a cliche storm. It just does some stuff to avoid or play with those cliches sometimes.

super lame. If you could write our protag into something less of a boring cliche I'd greatly appreciate it.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Let's just never take Chloe with us so we don't have to deal with that suit.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

This update sure is anime as gently caress. If there were panty shots (I'm sure there were panty shots in the game) the little bingo card of anime hell would be full.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I think the thread has already made up its mind about Serina.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Fuuko, Chloe, Ellie

I don't particularly care to vote for Chloe, but the choice is between her and stereotypical no-confidence Narika, so I'll pass on Narika.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I have a serious distaste for people like Narika. Having your heart in the right place doesn't mean you get to be poo poo at your job, and the fact she took it knowing she'd suck at it makes it worse. If you want to learn to be more confident then go do it some other way.

Also calling it right now, Ellie was experimented on by the church.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I suppose it says a bit about this game that Ruby, of all people, seems to be the most fleshed out and whole character, instead of a bucket of lovely anime tropes.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Trying to string men into working for her free of charge by using her charms and giving them a little bit of attention is not a trope afaik, and while pretty mean is much more interesting a habit than any of the protagonists can come up with.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

In a few hours, the sun will rise!

WHAT THE gently caress DOES THAT MEAN

I DON'T KNOW, BUT IT's TRUE!

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Could we just date the older sister?

Hell, why is the older sister not a soldier anymore? Do they just stop soldiering after finishing high school? My guess would be yes because this is anime land and of course they do.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Yea but in the real world military comes after high school.

Hell, if your soldiers are only good till 20 why not start them off earlier than high school? Take them out from school at 12, train them for 2-3 years, get at least 4 years of military service out of them. And when they're done and survive, put them through school.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I suspect Torri is not gonna escalate much further than this, though.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Feene, Fuuko, Ellie

Wtf Chloe, what are you hoping to get out of talking to a loving stalker voyeur you dumb teenager.

Vote for Ellie is mostly because I want this Lucian boy in our lives. It'll be good when we finally get to pummel him into the dirt.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It'd be culturally appropriate that the Feene fanclub is mostly girls. It's something that comes up often in anime that there's a girl who's popular with girls, typically the sporty, outgoing, acting self assured type. I've read and heard sometimes that this is a thing in actual real life Japan, but I have a hard time believing it.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

I really wonder why so many anime shows let total asshats get away with just a slap on the wrist. I might have thrown some punches or at least very severe verbal abuse at a bunch of molesters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

Sword_of_Dusk posted:

As if Alec didn't have enough red flags up, now we get confirmation that Luce has romantic feelings for him. Wonderful.

And those twins are bad news. They've got all the signs of creepy rear end twins becoming a problem.

No, you see, Luce is actually giving signals to Alec that she's into Chlotz and tried to talk to Chlotz about feeling like she's losing her connection to Alec.

At least, that's what the anime rulebook says.