Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Fire Witten. Hire Terry Bradshaw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Jason Shittin'

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Play posted:

Yeah he won't even shut up and let Boog say something funny/insightful anymore. Just slobbers all over the big name player's cock (last night it was Rodgers, the week before Drew Brees, then Andy Reid and Big Ben) and raves about tight ends and how they should be used. Yesterday the defense would make an amazing play and Witten would just keep on blabbering endlessly about Rodgers and Graham. He also always has a fascist take handy about players who are fighting to be paid fairly.

If I'm getting a fascist footbaw talker, I want an Objectivist and not a bog-standard Dallas suburb mutant. At least it'd be occasionally hilarious.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Pulled a rabbit outta his head!

Can’t stop kicking himself in the foot!

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

General Dog posted:

Jason Shittin'

I'd appreciate this nickname being allowed.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
get bernie sanders in the booth

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://twitter.com/LateRoundQB/status/1052034471845879813

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
It's funny, I think Romo has actually retroactively improved his legacy as a player a little by how he has done in the broadcast booth. I think people just sort of assumed he was a kind of dumb player because of a handful of sad/hilarious plays, but now millions of people have heard him coming across as a very bright and likable guy on TV, while Jason Garrett continues to be a garbageman head coach of a moronic Cowboys organization.

Witten has done the exact opposite. He was a widely praised player for being smart/gritty/etc., but he comes across as just some dumb rear end in a top hat on TV.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
Fire Jason Witten. Hire Jon Bois. Get rid of the seven second delay. I'd plan my entire life around Monday night.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Dream MNF team is Brent Musburger + the Sklar Brothers

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

General Dog posted:

Jason Shittin'

In an alternate universe is a thread titled Jason Shittin is witty at his current job.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

General Dog posted:

Dream MNF team is Brent Musburger + the Sklar Brothers

Only if they can get sideline updates from some of the fake celebs that 'call' into their podcast

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Just droppin' in to say that Jason Witten is poo poo

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO4qNPfMQkI

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Quiet Feet posted:

In an alternate universe is a thread titled Jason Shittin is witty at his current job.

:laffo:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Sent from my iPad posted:

Just fire Witten and put Booger in the booth, this isn't tough.

Booger is and always will be the poo poo

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Play posted:

He also always has a fascist take handy about players who are fighting to be paid fairly.

What has he said about this?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Big Beef City posted:

Only if they can get sideline updates from some of the fake celebs that 'call' into their podcast

They have a podcast?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Play posted:

He also always has a fascist take handy about players who are fighting to be paid fairly.

Boy, the f word has really lost all meaning in 2018

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

General Dog posted:

Boy, the f word has really lost all meaning in 2018

All words have lost all meaning in 2018

Zerilan posted:

What has he said about this?

I don't remember exactly, but when prompted he gave some really lame opinions on air about Earl Thomas and Leveon Bell. Basically that they're fools for not taking what was offered and for holding out and that they're letting down their teams, blah blah blah. Not a fringe opinion by any means but it seemed pretty clear that his sympathies are with ownership/management. Maybe that's an opinion you come to when the owner always "takes care of you" and also gives you a football made of diamonds when you retire. He's Jerry Jones' butt boy basically

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Yeah I liked Witten when he played but I'd probably spit on him if he tried to explain to me how Jerry isn't a giant dumpster fire of a human being.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If Bill Parcells adores a player, it's probably a pretty safe bet that he's not a great guy.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
bumping this because this retard sucks poo poo

nah
Mar 16, 2009

The MNF crew is the absolute worst one I've ever heard in the NFL. Replace them with any of the crews who are forever doomed to Jaguars/Titans and Cardinals/49ers games and it'll be way better to watch

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I like Booger but the other two holy poo poo

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

I like Booger but the other two holy poo poo

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I went out for dinner last night and the bar we were at had the audio of the hockey game playing instead of MNF and it was an excellent watching experience.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
They need to just broadcast Booger driving around on the cart peeing in various places on the field and/or highlighting players peeing on the field.

That discussion was the highlight of last night's terrible broadcast.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Leave the broadcast exactly as-is except mute everyone but Booger

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Pretty sure there was a moment late last night where Joe Tessitore said a thing and then Jason Witten said "And here is why" and then listed the things Tessitore said seconds earlier almost word-for-word.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I could come up with all the football cliches Witten spouts in my sleep. Absolutely bog-standard poo poo that every fan starts picking up once they've watched for long enough. He never manages to highlight interesting things that happen which you might not notice (say on the line of scrimmage or away from the ball), he's constantly slurping on someone's cock and he can't complete a thought to save his life.

He bad

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Primetime games have mostly been awful this year. Partly do to matchups and partly to announcing, yikes.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

General Dog posted:

They have a podcast?

They used to at least.
E:
Found it, still do. I haven't listened in a while but while some are hit or miss, many I couldn't even listen to at work because I would have literally been in tears laughing at.
The fake call ins at the end of the episodes are typically worth listening to on their own they are so good

https://www.earwolf.com/show/sklarbro-country/

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Sexual Lorax posted:

Fire Jason Witten. Hire Jon Bois. Get rid of the seven second delay. I'd plan my entire life around Monday night.

"And there's the QB snea- oh, crabapples, he's fumbled and the other team's running it back."

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Also replace witten with Rex Grossman

"Third and two at their opponent's seven, gently caress it, they should go deep"

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
This is probably the most autistic thing ill say but sometimes I wish there was a option for just crowd/stadium/ambient noise on tv.

I've watched so much football I have a good idea of what is happening at any given time. The only thing I can learn from these announcers is that certain tight ends were...get this...basketball players in college!!!

I really like Tony Romo because he has a real enthusiasm and enjoyment for the game and can make a bad game more enjoyable. Al Michaels is just so damned impressive that i have to listen to him but otherwise i like just watching the games occasionally with the radio broadcast in the background.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Announcers need to talk about coverages, blocking and pass rushing schemes, and routes a bit more. Tell us something we wouldn't necessarily notice on our own. But most of it is just literally what we can all see happening on the screen sprinkled with some cliches about big third downs and how "they really need to get points out of this drive." No loving poo poo they need to get points

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Joe Thomas lost to Witten, fyi.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Hizawk posted:

Joe Thomas lost to Witten, fyi.

Tv people don't understand entertainment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

pasaluki posted:

This is probably the most autistic thing ill say but sometimes I wish there was a option for just crowd/stadium/ambient noise on tv.

I've watched so much football I have a good idea of what is happening at any given time. The only thing I can learn from these announcers is that certain tight ends were...get this...basketball players in college!!!

I really like Tony Romo because he has a real enthusiasm and enjoyment for the game and can make a bad game more enjoyable. Al Michaels is just so damned impressive that i have to listen to him but otherwise i like just watching the games occasionally with the radio broadcast in the background.

For FOX/CBS games all the commentary is on the center channel, so if you mute it you get just crowd noise. ESPN usually spreads it across the front three channels, so this doesn't work for MNF.