Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

iospace posted:

Romo is also probably one of those guys who will constantly study film in the offseason to make sure he keeps on top of the game. He made his mark as being so in tune with the game he can predict things, and if he ruins that reputation he's in trouble.

Oh yeah, I remember the 1st game I saw where he was the CC. It was like listening to football Nostradamus if Nostradamus made predictions of 5-10 secs in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
These announcers never loving shut up and it's infuriating

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

3 people is just too many for football. witten and booger specifically remind me of the deadspin article about dilfer's talking points except every monday night so far it's about tight ends and fat guys instead of one bad game out of the blue where dilfer is yelling about launch points.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
'fat guys with thin ankles running, it's an amazing thing'

-Booger

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Three guys in the booth has failed every time ESPN has tried it so I don't know why they keep going back to that well.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Three guys in the booth has failed every time ESPN has tried it so I don't know why they keep going back to that well.

That's why they put Booger in a cherry picker on the sideline, duh

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Why not have one guy doing 3 voices?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Barudak posted:

Why not have one guy doing 3 voices?

Can you make a witten puppet.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

I actually thought Witten was a bit better last night, and had a few interesting things to say amongst all the inapplicable football cliches. He needs learn that if you don't have anything to say except absurd speculations about winning spirit and poo poo just keep your mouth shut

Three person booths are fine when people only speak up if they have something to say, so of course it doesn't work in this instance. For example, I think the games Bruce Arians has been in the booth there's been at least three people and it's worked really well

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

General Dog posted:

That's why they put Booger in a cherry picker on the sideline, duh

Have Booger pilot a drone and fly over the field

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
I noticed they made the big wall with a TV behind Booger a clear plexiglass thing now that the internet made fun of it last week.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

DariusLikewise posted:

Have Booger pilot a drone and fly over the field

The Booger Blimp

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Bring back Dennis Miller

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Booger has been talking more in recent weeks and my fondness for him is decreasing as a result

Kanish
Jun 17, 2004

I am disappointed with the lack of Old Spice foam zone ad reads

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

"Like what all the great philosophers once said, can one of these quarterbacks pull a rabbit out of their head"
- Jason Witten during one of the best regular season games ever

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I found Witten's sidekick insufferable tonight, more so than Written himself (who is so bad he makes me want to jump off of a bridge). Do much MVP / instant classic / buzz word central the whole loving night. I'm never watching MNF again if this announcing crew doesn't change.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
MNF needs Mike Adamle.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

witten pronouncing ebukam at the end was incredible. trump could have done a better job

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Last night his eloquence as a color commentator was truly on display after I think the 2nd touchdown by the Chiefs (well, it was after one of many)

"wow"
2 second pause
"wow"

I actually laughed at how he made himself sound even more stupid than usual.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

sweet thursday posted:

"Like what all the great philosophers once said, can one of these quarterbacks pull a rabbit out of their head"
- Jason Witten during one of the best regular season games ever

He said the beginning part because the rabbit out of their head line is something he said a couple of weeks ago. So bad, but kind of funny last night.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Witten just can't come up with things on the fly like most good commentators, he starts a sentence, changes it and then ends up blabbing out some gibberish with some "uhs and huhs" in the middle

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Witten was fine last night overall. He's getting better. Wonder how long it'll last though. It's still not a great team

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
This was the first time listening to Witten can he say a coherent sentence?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

DariusLikewise posted:

Witten just can't come up with things on the fly like most good commentators, he starts a sentence, changes it and then ends up blabbing out some gibberish with some "uhs and huhs" in the middle

He can't explain poo poo. I never understand what he's talking about if he's breaking down a play because he just says what's happening on the screen in front of him as it happens AND uses a bunch of jargon while he does it.

It's like the verbal equivalent of that college game where they had the QB in the booth act out the play as it was happening. I wish I could find a clip.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

nah posted:

Witten was fine last night overall. He's getting better. Wonder how long it'll last though. It's still not a great team

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DariusLikewise posted:

nah posted:

Agreed. I'm watching MNF on mute if I ever watch it again. He is inexcusably bad and only made worse by Tessitore or whatever the gently caress his name is.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I have mostly avoided MNF because ESPN is so bad, so got a real taste last night. Witten was the worst part of the game.

https://streamable.com/q4u5q

What does that even mean?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

LiquidFriend posted:

I have mostly avoided MNF because ESPN is so bad, so got a real taste last night. Witten was the worst part of the game.

its the guys name. it rules

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Wow really? That name rules. ESPN does get credit for the totally absurd graphics.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Nov 20, 2018

Play
Apr 25, 2006

He was horrible last night. Just deeply annoying and intrusive on the experience. I thought he was getting better but I'm reevaluating that now

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

LiquidFriend posted:

Wow really? That name rules. ESPN does get credit for the totally absurd graphics.

his name is just "ebukam"

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

hifi posted:

his name is just "ebukam"
I seriously thought he just had a stroke on the air.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

It's not even hard to say. Just sound it out you big dumbass

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Play posted:

It's not even hard to say. Just sound it out you big dumbass

I assume he's got a sheet in front of him with all the names and pronunciations of the players too, plus the pregame interviews plus the entire rest of the game where he had 2 TDs and a sack and witten acts like it's the first time he's seen the guy. he's dumber than aikman

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

By that point Ebukam had taken over the game almost by himself.

And I remember him saying Rabbit out of their heads before, but even if he was calling himself out on it, it was so clumsy and ended up meandering into something else that just boiled down to random words put in an order. It's one thing to be boring and obnoxious like Buck while still being able to deliver a job that doesn't diminish the overall product. Witten on the other hand just made me give Buck a compliment and he even slightly worsened a game that was one of the best prime time matches ever played in the entire history of the league

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I think this is literally the worst football announcing crew I've ever heard. It's terrible in a dull and grating way that never lets up for a second. There's nothing good about it, or even interestingly bad about it, it's just an uncomfortable poo poo that takes too long because you don't have enough fiber in your diet.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Even the AFL podcast threw shade at the MNF crew

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

LiquidFriend posted:

I shouldn't have clicked that at work because now I'm just a giggling mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Hole
Dec 8, 2011

sweet thursday posted:

By that point Ebukam had taken over the game almost by himself.

And I remember him saying Rabbit out of their heads before, but even if he was calling himself out on it, it was so clumsy and ended up meandering into something else that just boiled down to random words put in an order. It's one thing to be boring and obnoxious like Buck while still being able to deliver a job that doesn't diminish the overall product. Witten on the other hand just made me give Buck a compliment and he even slightly worsened a game that was one of the best prime time matches ever played in the entire history of the league

The worst part of this was Tessitore's reaction..."oh GOOD FOR YOU!!"

I think he was more obnoxious than Witten last night, but they all amplify the shittiness of each other. It's like a three headed monster of boring doofuses.