Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Hizawk posted:

For the Paralympic Games.

By this logic Troy Aikman should be calling the Special Olympics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

You know how the central plot flaw in Armageddon is that it seems it would be easier to teach astronauts how to drill than to teach drillers how to be astronauts? It also seems like it would be easier to teach broadcast professionals football than to teach football players to be broadcast professionals.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Can't believe they gave Jason Witten and Dennis Miller MNF gigs but wouldn't give Rush Limbaugh a shot.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Neil Armbong posted:

didn't kornheiser also do mnf for a season?

Yeah, he was apparently terrible too (I don't think I saw much MNF that year)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Neil Armbong posted:

he was, I just couldn't remember which broadcast he was on.

I think it might have been the first year MNF moved to ESPN

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Barudak posted:

Cloney Romo

Scientist tried this but ended up with Roney Chomo instead and had to put him down

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Jason Shittin'

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Dream MNF team is Brent Musburger + the Sklar Brothers

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Big Beef City posted:

Only if they can get sideline updates from some of the fake celebs that 'call' into their podcast

They have a podcast?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Play posted:

He also always has a fascist take handy about players who are fighting to be paid fairly.

Boy, the f word has really lost all meaning in 2018

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If Bill Parcells adores a player, it's probably a pretty safe bet that he's not a great guy.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

It's unbelievable that we're at a point now where Troy Aikman passes for middle of the road, or maybe even slightly above average. I don't remember a single thing Troy Aikman has ever said (he probably doesn't either), and that's totally acceptable compared to a lot of his peers.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Three guys in the booth has failed every time ESPN has tried it so I don't know why they keep going back to that well.

That's why they put Booger in a cherry picker on the sideline, duh

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

Have Booger pilot a drone and fly over the field

The Booger Blimp

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Brent Musburger and Mike Judge.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Frank Caliendo

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Romo's getting a lot more eyeballs on CBS's A-team than he would on MNF.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Play by play: PFT
Color: PFT Commenter

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

I know this is from like 6 weeks ago but does anyone know if jon bois has a podcast or anything? I didnt find anything when i googled it but it doesn't seem fair that every dipshit in the universe has one and he doesn't. He was a guest on a different podcast i listen to and he talked about programming games for ti 83 calculators when he was in high school for 45 minutes and it was incredible

He and Ryan Nanni had a podcast called Punt Brothers that ran about 10 episodes about 5 years ago. Recording a 30 minute podcast once a week proved too rigorous and he was replaced by Jane Coaston.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I remember Dr. Thorpe wrote a long time ago in one of the Your Band Sucks articles about how being the world’s most technically proficient guitarist had nothing to do with the ability to create good music. I always think about that whenever I observe the comedy of Frank Caliendo.