Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

hifi posted:

people here like tessitore but i don't think he's any good. budget joe buck.

Tessitore is ok if he's properly supported by insanity. Not excitability exactly, insanity. He somehow worked well with Teddy Atlas. He'd probably be amazing with Gruden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Play posted:

Ronde Barber is good. He doesn't get enough love

I thought he was loving awful yesterday. That's only time I've noticed him but he kept hammering his talking points no matter what was actually happening.

He spent like two minutes talking about the fumbled snap the Browns had and how important it is to take snaps from under center on a play where the center clearly snapped the ball while Mayfield was trying to change the play.

Then another minute post commercial break after saying "I don't think this one was his fault" where he went right back to talking about how taking snaps is something Baker hadn't done before.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wyoak posted:

Fouts is real bad but I’ve become desensitized to him over the years. Witten is bad and new.

Fouts is not good but at least not this bad, I don't think Witten is annoying us because he's a new voice that is bad. I think he's just annoying us because he's terrible.

It is possible that he could become somewhat better with more experience, but...go get that experience calling preseason games for the Cowboys or something and not every damned week on MNF. Or just go away forever.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I missed the whole Saquon Barkley OJ Simpson comparison Witten made a while back. For a second I wanted to forgive him because he was just thinking about someone he watched when he was a kid who was awesome.

OJ retired 3 years before Witten was born, and was a shadow of himself on the field for the last three years of his career.

How does he even think to talk about that? I'm aware that...say, Otto Graham existed. I'm not going to compare Otto Graham to Drew Brees off the top of my head.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
What?

Why?

Like just...don't do that broadcast then, or put them on the main broadcast (please don't) if you need them to be doing something.

e: apparently they're having trouble booking coaches I guess after looking it up. In that case this should be the last broadcast of that experiment.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jan 3, 2019